Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unable to verify disk

about 4/5 times that i try to launch the game it will say "unable to verify disk is valid ... " i bought the game a few days ago!

im on mac, and iv already tried repair disk permissions, any one else having this problem ? or know a solution

Comments

• MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited December 2011
    drowssap wrote:
    about 4/5 times that i try to launch the game it will say "unable to verify disk is valid ... " i bought the game a few days ago!

im on mac, and iv already tried repair disk permissions, any one else having this problem ? or know a solution

Sounds like a burned copy. Sims disks are copy-protected, and even ISO copied disks will not run on a computer. Unless you have a receipt, you aren't going to get far with this problem.
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited December 2011
    i bought the game, from GAME uk. its not a burned copy, i have a receipt,
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited December 2011
    drowssap wrote:
    i bought the game, from GAME uk. its not a burned copy, i have a receipt,

Try returning it to the store where you purchased it. I once bought a faulty disk back in the Sims 2 days (it was scratched), and my local game store exchanged me with a fresh, unscratched disk. If they will not take it back, customer support can help you if you made the purchase within 90 days under their warranty, but they do ask for a copy of the receipt. Look inside your game packaging for details.
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited December 2011
    i will probably have better luck contacting customer support. iv known a lot of people to have trouble returning to GAME. thanks for the help, im going to try see how it go's, im hoping it will pass, when the game runs, its perfect, but i dont like having to restart it all the time.