Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wait... The Showtime Interview with Arron Conners was cancelled?

Seriously, CLP mentioned this. Anyone know if it's true/have a link?

Comments

• catchmecatchme Posts: 237
    edited December 2011
    Well it was supposed to happen last week and it never did.
    But its really not a big suprise im done believing anything EA says
  • KeiSan17KeiSan17 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Now that you mentioned it.. I have'nt heard anything about the interview last week, or anything now for that matter.
  • reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited December 2011
    They need more time to completely rewrite the script that he was going to read from for each of the questions that were forwarded to the interviewer to specifically ask. Once they have added enough exclamation marks and buzz words to cloud over the lack of new gameplay and features that have been bashed incessantly, as well as providing barely significant details such as "new item quantity" to further distract from the negativity surrounding the EP, then we will see the interview posted.

- Hans
  • pinkstar2000pinkstar2000 Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Really?
  • XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited December 2011

Well, Yeah!

We wouldn't want a repeat of famous quotes in the annals of Simistory!

Like what Grant Rodiek said in an interview just before the release of the S3 Base Game...

"The game plays so smooth you could play it on your grandmother's computer!"

(I wonder if he thinks my grandmother is Joan Jetson?)

• simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited December 2011
    reni401 wrote:
    They need more time to completely rewrite the script that he was going to read from for each of the questions that were forwarded to the interviewer to specifically ask. Once they have added enough exclamation marks and buzz words to cloud over the lack of new gameplay and features that have been bashed incessantly, as well as providing barely significant details such as "new item quantity" to further distract from the negativity surrounding the EP, then we will see the interview posted.

- Hans

:lol::lol::lol:
  • KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah. Figured it was cancelled when the week went past with no updates or anything.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't think we'll be seeing it till after Jan 21st after the beta testing.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2011
    People actually thought they'd have that interview in a week for us?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited December 2011
    Tanya I did because the sim guru said so but several days later they came out and said they will be picking people for beta testing in January so I take that to mean an embargo till after January 21st.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2011
    Catlover, I learned the hard way that just because a guru states something as a fact, even if it's one of the rules of this website, doesn't make it actually such. Not to say I don't give them the benefit of the doubt, but that I always expect something to turn out false.
  • MiloBeanMiloBean Posts: 770 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Due to the unexpected backlash, I'm wondering if they're respinning the entire concept to downplay the social aspect.
  • PaisleyPinkPaisleyPink Posts: 421 Member
    edited December 2011
    MiloBean wrote:
    Due to the unexpected backlash, I'm wondering if they're respinning the entire concept to downplay the social aspect.

I'm hoping for reprogramming over respinning... Unlikely, I know.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited December 2011
    reni401 wrote:

- Hans

Lol. So true.

I remember all of the nonsense in that Generations interview. When their Expansion Packs are lacking, we can see right through them with stupid interviews like that.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah people did Blacklash it at first all the Blacklash shocked them I guess They thought everyone would love the Social feature (Oh how wrong they was) so if we get a Interview it well be Different or not
  • CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I would like to think they are rethinking how they will "spin" this EP after so many players spoke up about their disappointment over social features and the requirement to "harass" a friend in order to complete tasks and earn rewards.

For me, I am with so many others who would happy if they removed these features and left the game to be a single player game, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

However, no matter what the reason, a polite explanation regarding the postponement/cancellation of the promised interview would be nice. :)
  • XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited December 2011

Maybe, The delay is because they have scurried back to their studios, and are recoding & testing Showtime so there are better choices & options for those customers who are so fervently against the intrusive social features?

edited December 2011
    I would like to think they are rethinking how they will "spin" this EP after so many players spoke up about their disappointment over social features and the requirement to "harass" a friend in order to complete tasks and earn rewards.

For me, I am with so many others who would happy if they removed these features and left the game to be a single player game, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

I cannot speak for others, of course; but for me the reward system is nonsense. Having to play through a social component to unlock elements for use in the single player capacity is a VERY heavy handed encouragement to engage in the feature. The comparison that I have used before has been based upon Reni and my vegetarianism. Some restaurants have options, others don't, but in either case we always prefer having MORE options than less. We even sometimes speak with the managers as to cooking style when we are disappointed with the results, or praise them for having these options available. This sometimes leads to changes of some sort to the vegetarian options at the restaurants that we visit.
    What doesn't happen is that we ask about vegetarian options, and are then informed that if we want improvements to the existing options or an increase in the number of vegetarian menu options that we should order more steaks, hamburgers, chicken and fish options. That wouldn't make sense... the two have little to do with one another except on the basic level of food. Similarly offering non-social rewards for the social functions is silly. Granted these rewards can be used in BOTH social and non-social scenarios; but the opportunity to earn them in the single player portion needs to exist. Further, rewards should generally have a primary use (if not exclusive, but at the least primary) for those features from which they were earned. Social rewards for primary use in the social feature, as an example.

- Hans
    edited December 2011
    reni401 wrote:
    Further, rewards should generally have a primary use (if not exclusive, but at the least primary) for those features from which they were earned. Social rewards for primary use in the social feature, as an example.

- Hans

Your avatar is frightening me but I couldn't agree more!
    edited December 2011
    reni401 wrote:
    Further, rewards should generally have a primary use (if not exclusive, but at the least primary) for those features from which they were earned. Social rewards for primary use in the social feature, as an example.

- Hans

Your avatar is frightening me but I couldn't agree more!

It just made a lot of sense to mash mine and Reni's features together since we both use this account :-)
    edited December 2011
    reni401 wrote:
    It just made a lot of sense to mash mine and Reni's features together since we both use this account :-)

Here's to better luck for the kiddo! :mrgreen:

(grats btw, too cute)
  • elize222elize222 Posts: 343 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Kartai wrote:
    Oh yeah people did Blacklash it at first all the Blacklash shocked them I guess They thought everyone would love the Social feature (Oh how wrong they was) so if we get a Interview it well be Different or not
    well, i know a few people who do love the social feature and i am also very excited about it. and by the way why is everyone always nagging about the new expansion packs when we all know that at least more then 70% is still gonna buy it.
  • Zppy972Zppy972 Posts: 568 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm gonna have to side with elize222 on this one. I think no matter what E.A. does there is always backlash. I do believe E.A. has to evolve so they are gonna try different things out. I ordered this ep already.
  • PillPill Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, there is always backlash but nowhere near as bad as when Showtime was revealed.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited December 2011
    I did expect them to make an interview to try and save their game but I have no idea why they skipped out on it. Probably really would have helped if they showed us some gameplay or something a bit earlier than usual.