Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Symbolic Woman Modeling Competition: Winners Posted!

BluewindBluewind Posts: 4,709 New Member
mhrccm.jpg

Sorry for the delay on getting the winners posted you guys. We have ran into a bit of a pickle. There is a tie for first place! I have to call in a third judge for a tie breaker! Thank you simfeetunder

We are doing a modeling comp based on women. Each contestant will submit 3 pics. Each pic will symbolize a part of what makes a woman a woman
1) The Natural Beauty of Women
2) Female Empowerment
3) Maternal Love (the love of a mother)
The contest will be open in the Sims and Modeling forum and the Gift Gathering forum with links in the contestant post to each entry

Prizes
Winning pic from each symbolic theme will be featured on Reticul8ingSIMply's site and receive a Dr. Pepper code (valid until the end of January)
Overall winner will receive: Double Full Studio Recs, Custom Winner Siggy, and 300sp
Overall 2nd Place: Full Studio Recs and 150sp
Overall 3rd Place: 1/2 Studio Recs and 100sp
Overall 4th Place: 1/4 Studio Rec and 50sp
All contestants will get their model reced

Sponsor Thank You
Thank you so much for making this contest possible :mrgreen:
Bluewind will sponsor 300sp+ ;)
Reticul8ingSIMply sponsored 300sp and will post the winners on her site
computertec82 donated his time to create our banner, host siggys, and a one of a kind winner's siggy for the winner of the contest
ErnesaT donated the Dr. Pepper Codes

Rules
1. You must fill out the entry form
2. All items, CC, poses, and editing are allowed
3. 1 picture per theme (3 pictures total)
4. Make each picture symbolize its theme. (What does _______ mean to you)
5. We won’t give any examples. This contest is about what those phrases mean to you!
6. Each picture will be scored individually
7. Each picture may contain the same model, different models, or multiple models
8. There will be a winner for each theme and an overall winner
9. Penalties will be enforced on anyone who displays unsportsmanlike conduct.
10. Be creative
11. Have Fun!

Deadline is January 11, 2012 at midnight CST
(December 31, 2011)
For our friends in different time zones
EST: January 12, 2012 at 1am
MST: January 11, 2012 at 11pm
PST: January 11, 2012 at 10pm
GMT: January 12, 2012 at 6am

Scoring
40 Aligns with its theme
10 Picture quality
10 Physical appearance
10 Completed entry form
15 Reason behind picture
15 Wow factor

Interested? Please fill out the entry form.
Entry Form
Username:
1) The Natural Beauty of Women
(picture)
Why does this picture symbolize the natural beauty of women to you?

2) Female Empowerment
(picture)
Why does this picture symbolize female empowerment to you?

3) Maternal Love
(picture)
Why does this picture symbolize maternal love to you?

Comments

• BluewindBluewind Posts: 4,709 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Host Introduction

medium_ver858563.jpg
    Hello All! Thank you for coming by our contest. I am Bluewind and I will be your host. I am excited to see what amazing work everyone comes up with. :mrgreen:
    In real life, I am an accomplished photographer and I have the blue ribbons to prove it. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's interpretation of the themes.

medium_ver858920.jpg
    Hey models and lurkers! I'm Death, and I'll be your co-host. I have experience in modeling and editing, so feel free to ask me questions. I'm here to help you if you need it.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • deathxisxlovedeathxisxlove Posts: 3,687 Member
    edited December 2011
    Bluewind's having internet issues, so I'll be updating here until everything gets resolved on her end!

qssap2.jpg

I have changed my avatar! It now looks like this:
    large_ver858790.jpg

Contestants to be added:

ArtistByNight
    SeaKitty
    BD94Z0t.png
    edited January 2012
    Contestants

1. SimsManiac2k9 8)
    2. crystal91390 8)
    3. ArtistByNight :mrgreen:
    4. SeaKitty :mrgreen:
    5. JediAriel ;)
    6. Lissykin 8)
    7. cutecandyandie ;)
    8. lotterygirl13 ;)
    9. Sarah3120 :mrgreen:
    10. Katty0 :mrgreen:
    11. a_niles06 :mrgreen:
    12: Tojax ;)
    13. Francheska05 :mrgreen:
    14. Cinderpelt 8)
    15. Skymyst 8)
    16. Julia526 :mrgreen:
    17. oiswise :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: = Finished Entries
    8) = Unfinished Entries
    ;) = Maybe
    :( = Didn't Finish by the Deadline
    :cry: = Dropped Out

edited December 2011
    Q & A

Have any questions? Check here! They may be answered already.

Question: Is editing allowed?
    Answer: Yes, it is!

I made an error and just wanted to let everyone know: Your model does not have to be the same in each picture. You can also have multiple models. Each picture is YOUR interpretation of the words!
    BD94Z0t.png
    edited January 2012
    Attention

Sorry for the delay on getting the winners posted you guys. We have ran into a bit of a pickle. There is a tie for first place! I have to call in a third judge for a tie breaker. Hopefully we will get the result posted soon.
    edited January 2012
    Winners

Critiques Written by Bluewind

Rather you placed or not, everyone is a winner in my book, so each of you will receive a 10-15sp goodie of their choice. :wink:

First off, lets congratulate the winners of the individual categories. Tec has graciously offered to create one of his beautiful custom siggies for the winner of each category. :thumbup:

The Winner of the Natural Beauty of Woman Category with a PERFECT SCORE is...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Flamingo206/natural.jpg "width=300"[/IMG]
    a_niles06!

This picture is just divine. Deathxisxlove and I absolutely loved it and your reason was eloquently put. It is no wonder that this beautiful picture received a perfect score from both of us. Excellent work!

The Winner of the Female Empowerment Category is...

[img]http://www8.pic-upload.de/19.10.11/qo3z4ifrycct.jpg "width=300"[/img]
    Sarah3120!

Wow! Now this is a picture that really shows off a strong, empowered woman. I also loved you reason that she symbolized female empowerment. Well done!

The Winner of the Maternal Love Category is...

[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/256a6bk.jpg "width=300"[/img]
    ArtistByNight

When I first saw this picture, I just had to say Wow! Beautiful picture, beautiful setup, and the black and white was a nice touch. Good job my dear. :mrgreen:

And now, on to the overall winners.

You guys sure didn't make it easy on us. The final top 2 scores resulted in a tie between a_niles06 and Sarah3120! We even had to bring in a third judge (simfeetunder) to break the tie, but we finally have what you all have been waiting for. :mrgreen:

The Winner of the Symbolic Woman Modeling Competition is...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Flamingo206/natural.jpg "width=200"[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Flamingo206/empowerment.jpg "width=200"[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Flamingo206/motherly.jpg "width=200"[/IMG]
    a_niles06!

Your reasons were eloquently put and your pictures were beautiful. A bit of blur on the empowerment pic, but otherwise amazing job! Congratulations :thumbup:

Now, on to the other places. :wink:

Second place goes to...
    Sarah3120
    Your natural beauty pic was lovely and a great way to showcase natural female beauty, your female empowerment was powerful, and you maternal love pic was great with a good reason behind it. I do have to admit that I bust out laughing when I realized that the bad times included her son catching on fire! :lol: Good job!

Third place goes to...
    ArtistByNight
    Your image for natural beauty was very beautiful and your reason was lovely as well. I think the only problem I had with this one was her ponytail/veil in the back which looked a little off.
    Your empowerment picture was a nice picture of British pride and a powerful stance, but not as powerful as your other pictures.
    Your maternal love pic left me breathless.
    Congratulations.

Fourth place goes to...
    Francheska05
    Wonderful job, especially for your first contest! The reasons you gave were all wonderful. I loved your natural beauty pic and how you had her posing with her hands in the shape of a heart. She was my favorite.
    The hands were a little unnatural in you empowerment pic (she looks as if her hands are behind her and someone else’s hands are on her hips).
    I love the look of this mother and daughter together in you maternal love pic. They looked very natural.
    If your pictures hadn’t been so pixilated, I have no doubt you would have placed higher.
    Congratulations on placing in your first contest :thumbup:

Now, for the critiques of the remaining contestants in no particular order. Remember, you all won a goodie for participating. ;)

Julia526
    Your natural beauty model was a lovely young lady and I loved your reason.
    Your female empowerment model is an empowered woman and I love how you have her feet propped up on her desk, but the reason needed a little work.
    Your maternal love pic was lovely. I like the flowers in the background. There were a few things off though like the mother’s lips and eyes and the reason needed more.

Oiswise
    I like how you showed the natural beauty of women by showing the inner beauty through love.
    I loved how you showed that women are just as strong as men for your empowerment pic. If you would have just had a higher quality picture, you would have gotten my top score in the empowerment category.
    Sooki does look very loving with Jake. Very lovely. Next time, try to position the frame a little further up so that the top isn’t right on her head.
    You need to try to up the picture quality next time. That was the biggest count against you.

Katty0
    I have one question... What cost her 8 simolions! :lol:
    There were little problems in the natural beauty pic like the top of her head getting chopped off and the random -8, but it is a cute picture. That little girl of hers is a doll.
    I like how you took the concept of female empowerment into a different realm that no one else thought of. It wasn’t that long ago that women weren’t allowed to choose their partner. Part of female empowerment is the right to choose who we want to spent the rest of our live with. The picture was nice, but didn’t have anything that really made it stand out, other than the blue hair of course :wink:
    A lovely reason behind the maternal love pic and again a unique way to go with the concept. I had to knock a bit off for the red tips though because it made the girl look like she had fuzz around her head.

Skymyst
    I know you had to go to the hospital, but I included you here ;)
    Big and Beautiful, Yes We Are! (said while pinching belly fat) :lol:
    I wish you had gotten to finish your entry sky. Your reason behind your one picture was lovely. Looking past all the fuzziness and distortion, she is beautiful and you had the a good concept started. I wish you had gotten to finish it. Thanks for trying to finish hun. :wink:

Thank you all for entering and happy simming!
    edited December 2011
    Reserve!
    BD94Z0t.png
    edited January 2012
    :mrgreen: = finished
    Who has been gifted
    ArtistByNight :mrgreen:
    SeaKitty
    Sarah3120 :mrgreen:
    Katty0
    a_niles06 :mrgreen:
    Francheska05 :mrgreen:
    Skymyst
    Julia526 :mrgreen:
    oiswise :mrgreen:

Who has been Reced
    a_niles06 :mrgreen:
    Sarah3120 :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    ArtistByNight :mrgreen:
    Francheska05 :mrgreen:
  • Julia526Julia526 Posts: 4,194 Member
    edited December 2011
    Just a warning, this might get moved to the Sims And Modeling section
    edited December 2011
    Julia526 wrote:
    Just a warning, this might get moved to the Sims And Modeling section
    We know. We put it in both. We figured it applied to both
  • SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited December 2011

Hmm.. This seems Unique, I shall see what i can come up with.
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Welcome aboard!
    BD94Z0t.png
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Welcome aboard!

^__^

Editing allowed?
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Welcome aboard!

^__^

Editing allowed?
    Yes it is
  • LashelleReneeLashelleRenee Posts: 1,178 New Member
    edited December 2011
    =) lovely comp cant wait to see all the entries
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited December 2011
    The winnings will actually be coming from the other account, Reticul8ingSIMply, and that's the site they will show up on :D
    HSon1Mq.png
    edited December 2011
    Bump!
    BD94Z0t.png
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited December 2011
    Very interesting competition. Very original. Good job Blue and Death.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    edited December 2011

Im trying to find a Certain outfit for my entry.. Can't find it anywhere & It was the most used CC. :roll:
  • goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    edited December 2011
    I really like this idea. I will be lurking.
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited December 2011
    Im trying to find a Certain outfit for my entry.. Can't find it anywhere & It was the most used CC. :roll:

I'm super nutty about downloads, I have a bookmark folder for my non store downloads and I bookmark all the ones I get (yep, even TSR)... makes it easier to reinstall or check if something needs an update too.
    Just an idea :)
    HSon1Mq.png
  • JediArielJediAriel Posts: 4,870 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited for you Blue and Death!!! This contest sounds like great fun. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody's entries!!! :D
    edited December 2011
    JediAriel wrote:
    I'm so excited for you Blue and Death!!! This contest sounds like great fun. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody's entries!!! :D

So am I! This is Blue and sfu's baby. I just gladly accepted co-host.
    BD94Z0t.png
  • ArtistByNightArtistByNight Posts: 9,906 Member
    edited December 2011
    Could you explain the 3 assignments in more detail? I'm not too sure on them.
    tumblr_static_co0j3up2xkgssgookcsc40g04.gif
    edited December 2011
    It's supposed to be all about the way you see those words in your mind and what they mean to you. Everyone might have completely different views on it, and we just want to see yours.

Does that help? :mrgreen:
    BD94Z0t.png