Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics glitches, Lion 10.7.2, the Intel 3000 HD Graphics card and patch 1.25 - GURUS

Comments

• Options
    xoannaaoxxoannaaox Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Model: 13” MBP 2009
    Model Identifier: 5,5
    CPU: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    RAM: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256

mine freezes when im playing it and i cant make horses :S
  • Options
    falseharmonicsfalseharmonics Posts: 6
    edited December 2011
    another for the list...

MacBook Pro
    13-inch, Early 2011

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

I have the base game, Late Night, and World Adventures, but I'm an idiot and just tried to reinstall everything. Still dead.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited December 2011
    mariemills, I have to disagree with you. I have a brother who is a developer for Rockstar and another that is one for Ken Levine and especially Rockstar is ALWAYS asking their fans for suggestions and problems with bugs. They constantly talk to fans and communicate with fans on Twitter and Facebook. So, no, it's not true that there is not much they can do or won't do. There are plenty of other game companies that do stay in contact with gamers and update them daily. Rockstar is great about this and is constantly striving to fix issues for their gamers as well as talking back and forth with gamers on Twitter and their forums. They even have a specific e-mail for you to send concerns and bugs to. This is def an EA problem and they need to appreciate their gamers/fans more. The developers make amazing games, but the people in charge of PR are not doing their job.

PLEASE GET IT TOGETHER EA, OTHER DEVS ARE THEIR FOR THERE FANS, SO WHERE ARE YOU? PLEASE DON'T TURN OFF LOYAL FANS TO YOUR PRODUCTS BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
  • Options
    CooconatsCooconats Posts: 6
    edited December 2011
    SO .... I just found out about the new Expansion Pack coming this March 2012 (SHOWTIME)... OMG... wow.
    and WE are all here SUFFERING unable to play properly!

It is so ridiculous how us Mac Users have not received any solution to our issues.
    I really do hope that EA will fix this ASAP. There are a lot of ANGRY and UPSET MAC customers here,
    please do us the justice by helping us with our needs. After all, we all love and buy your products, so wouldn't
    it be fair to give back to us too? PLEASE! Update us with your latest work and solution to this MAC ISSUE., so we can be assured that SOMETHING is BEING DONE! Thank you!

P.S. I will be done with school and finals next week, and it would be such a pleasure to spend time with
    my SIms again (normal and good looking) during this Winter Break! I miss the game so much, and I've been dying
    to buy and play "PETS" but cannot guarantee I will because of this issue that's hindering it. I don't wanna buy something if it doesn't work properly. Who would?
  • Options
    mariemillsmariemills Posts: 35
    edited December 2011
    I literally just booted up the game to attempt to play despite the graphics issues because my housemate (who's playing next door on a PC) gave me the urge. I got to CAS and stopped because the graphics issues irritated me.

I'm going home from University in 9 days. All I want to be able to do is go home and play the game when I don't have to worry about going to lectures all the time. I didn't know that it was too much to ask to be able to play a game that I've paid over £100 for.
  • Options
    skmoreyskmorey Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Haha @goodgolly i love that your avatar is the problem many of us are having. i have a macbook pro i bought in august this year, and these forums comforted me that i wasn't the only one with problems. im having the same issue with super creepy eyes in create-a-sim and during gameplay the sims are one color (usually clothing color) with triangular shards. I noticed that the shards only appear where there should be colthes so if you choose a skimpy outfit like a bikini, then you can at least see their skin. also, when i zoom out a little they seem to go back to normal. While this sort of work-around makes the game tolerable, dont get me wrong the whole issue is still entirely unacceptable!!
    specs:
    Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)
  • Options
    frankieismylifefrankieismylife Posts: 14
    edited December 2011
    Im Also Getting The Strange Black Patches On My Sims, Its Annoying And Ruining The Game For Me. Makes Me Want To Not Play It Anymore.

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Only Got Base Sims And Late Night Installed.

:x
  • Options
    connex22601connex22601 Posts: 7
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if it has been mentioned in here but I've tried installing and playing The Sims 3 with all of it's expansions and stuff packs installed on Windows 7 and it works without the graphics glitches on an Intel HD 3000 video card on my friend's MacBook Pro 13" early 2011...
  • Options
    KiksoKikso Posts: 38 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I have The Sims 3 with all expansions and stuff packs, version 10.0.96.013017
    in the CAS striped skin and weird colored eyes

2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
    4GB 1333MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2

please is there a solution to this? :(
  • Options
    connex22601connex22601 Posts: 7
    edited December 2011
    Not yet apparently...it seems Windows is getting a lot more support than Mac OS even though most students own macs...
    I'm not completely blaming EA for this, Apple have their share of blame too. I mean really it's the best sold game in the world and they don't offer support for Mac OS?...and Apple shouldn't have put such crappy graphics cards in their machines...I get it, they try not to make the whole product more expensive, but Intel integrated graphics always sucked! Apple computers are already worth an arm and a leg, so might as well put in a decent graphics card...and no, Intel graphics cards are far from decent... I remember I had a Toshiba laptop back in 2005 and it had Intel graphics too...couldn't do anything graphics intensive...absolute rubbish *frustrated*

That's why my old 2009 MacBook Pro runs The Sims 3 flawlessly...because it has an nVidia card on it...
  • Options
    livvysandersxlivvysandersx Posts: 41
    edited December 2011
    I got told to post here if I'm having trouble with Sims 3 on MacBook Pro.
    I'm getting the weird eyes on sims.

Is this right?

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

I only have the Base game and Late Night installed.
  • Options
    Mellibee84Mellibee84 Posts: 4
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same issues.

Here are my specs:

MBP 13'' 2011
    Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    RAM: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Base Game
    Patch: 1.27.5.013001
    Ambitions
    Patch: 4.9.5.010031
    Generations
    Patch: 8.0.152.011001
  • Options
    nicokojacknicokojack Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I recently purchased a late 2011 model of the Mac Pro... installed Sims and it runs well, except for the pixellated/choppy sims just like other members have previously mentioned. I have tried to reinstall numerous times and even brought a new base game in the hopes the issues were due to a worn out disk to no avail....

Base Game: Yes
    Patch: 1.22.9.011002

Model: 13" MBP Late 2011
    CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    RAM: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
  • Options
    xMathyxMathy Posts: 555 New Member
    edited December 2011

I WANT A FIX PATCH !
  • Options
    drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited December 2011
    fed up of this, EA have time to work on a new expansion pack and stuff pack ...how long have they had to fix this issue ? :x not happy at all
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ^ I agree, they should fix this before making new stuff
  • Options
    Onye54Onye54 Posts: 41
    edited December 2011
    Not yet apparently...it seems Windows is getting a lot more support than Mac OS even though most students own macs...
    I'm not completely blaming EA for this, Apple have their share of blame too. I mean really it's the best sold game in the world and they don't offer support for Mac OS?...and Apple shouldn't have put such crappy graphics cards in their machines...I get it, they try not to make the whole product more expensive, but Intel integrated graphics always sucked! Apple computers are already worth an arm and a leg, so might as well put in a decent graphics card...and no, Intel graphics cards are far from decent... I remember I had a Toshiba laptop back in 2005 and it had Intel graphics too...couldn't do anything graphics intensive...absolute rubbish *frustrated*

That's why my old 2009 MacBook Pro runs The Sims 3 flawlessly...because it has an nVidia card on it...

I have the 2009 Macbook Pro and it has an nVidia card on it. Until Sims 3: Pets my computer ran Sims 3 flawlessly as well. Now that I have Snow Leopard my computer can run Sims 3: Pets too..unfortunate that it took having to spend another 40 bucks to make a game I already bought work. Been so busy with finals I don't even play the game that much anymore, but yeah...sucks
  • Options
    mermaid15mermaid15 Posts: 5
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone confirmed that by adding Windows 7 on Bootcamp works against the graphics issues?
  • Options
    TeganMcSimmenTeganMcSimmen Posts: 577
    edited December 2011
    At the start if this tread I think it was mentioned that the cause of the Sims that are very pixellated and choppy is having Generations installed. Does this mean that all other Eps (including Pets) will run smoothly if I uninstall generations?
  • Options
    GabrielGameGabrielGame Posts: 5
    edited December 2011
    At the start if this tread I think it was mentioned that the cause of the Sims that are very pixellated and choppy is having Generations installed. Does this mean that all other Eps (including Pets) will run smoothly if I uninstall generations?
    I almost died laughing when I first saw your post, there were a lot of speculations about the problem at first, and a lot of 'fixes'.
    The answer to your question is: NO. The problem is NOT Sims Generations, it appears to be incompatibility between The Sims 3 software and the mac hardware. Uninstalling Generations does NOTHING. Reinstalling Sims 3 does NOTHING. Reinstalling without Pets or Generations does NOTHING. Uninstalling and reinstalling DOES NOT WORK.
    All the Sims games are having this problem, I have Sims 3 (waiting for update) and Sims Medieval (also waiting) installed on my mac, and both are experiencing the same problem where there wasn't one a few months ago.
    The problems started happening around the time of Pets, but that probably has something to do with hardware updates for the Macs which went out at around the same time.
    EA is supposedly working on an update (according to a Guru), but I really think they're justing ******* with us. They really couldn't give a **** about the consumer: they want our money, not our happiness. That's what I've learned from this ****** *** experience.
  • Options
    gothiKittygothiKitty Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    No I don't think it will. Because there are people who just have the base game and they are having issues with it. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this sucks :(
  • Options
    TeganMcSimmenTeganMcSimmen Posts: 577
    edited December 2011
    I almost died laughing when I first saw your post, there were a lot of speculations about the problem at first, and a lot of 'fixes'.
    The answer to your question is: NO. The problem is NOT Sims Generations, it appears to be incompatibility between The Sims 3 software and the mac hardware. Uninstalling Generations does NOTHING. Reinstalling Sims 3 does NOTHING. Reinstalling without Pets or Generations does NOTHING. Uninstalling and reinstalling DOES NOT WORK.
    All the Sims games are having this problem, I have Sims 3 (waiting for update) and Sims Medieval (also waiting) installed on my mac, and both are experiencing the same problem where there wasn't one a few months ago.
    The problems started happening around the time of Pets, but that probably has something to do with hardware updates for the Macs which went out at around the same time.
    EA is supposedly working on an update (according to a Guru), but I really think they're justing ******* with us. They really couldn't give a **** about the consumer: they want our money, not our happiness. That's what I've learned from this ****** *** experience.

:cry: I new this was probably going to be the answer, but still it breaks my heart.
  • Options
    yakevinyakevin Posts: 39 Member
    edited December 2011
    I WANT A PATCH!!! AN UPDATE!!! NOW!!! I was thinking, they sure are going to make an update before we can play with the new stuff pack ( the one with the bedroom stuff and that) or before we can play Showtime... but it`s a long time!!! We can't keep playing like this even if the guru said that "they are working on it" it`s been a very long time!! :evil:
  • Options
    mcruthiemcruthie Posts: 83 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Hi connex,

About your post:
    I don't know if it has been mentioned in here but I've tried installing and playing The Sims 3 with all of it's expansions and stuff packs installed on Windows 7 and it works without the graphics glitches on an Intel HD 3000 video card on my friend's MacBook Pro 13" early 2011...

This is interesting. I maybe wrong but I think this is the 1st time I saw someone report trying Sims 3 with the 13" MacBook Pro (with the Intel Graphics card). I hope you don't mind me asking, did you play for an hour (or longer) and did not see any issue? Is there any lag?