Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Petiton: "Remove social networking in Showtime" | [8] Simmers signed

Comments

• Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited December 2011
    Well, we still don't know how the feature will actually work, and we still don't know if it actually uses Facebook (or just uses your existing page on TheSims3.com).

But hey, don't let me stop you all from freaking out over it. :?
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited December 2011
    signed!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2011
    Glic2003 wrote:
    Well, we still don't know how the feature will actually work, and we still don't know if it actually uses Facebook (or just uses your existing page on TheSims3.com).

But hey, don't let me stop you all from freaking out over it. :?

We all need a good freak-out every once in awhile.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Frank0605Frank0605 Posts: 17
    edited December 2011
    Signed!
  • Options
    Java3Java3 Posts: 122 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'll sign.

And to those saying that the feature IS a good idea, it isn't... If someone has bad custom content in their game, it will go to your game as well when they send the sim, and your game will eventually become corrupted.
  • Options
    taintedtainted Posts: 65
    edited December 2011
    Java3 wrote:
    I'll sign.

And to those saying that the feature IS a good idea, it isn't... If someone has bad custom content in their game, it will go to your game as well when they send the sim, and your game will eventually become corrupted.

How do you know this? Could it not strip the sims that are sent down to base game content to account for some people not having all the eps?
  • Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited December 2011

Im not sure if i want to sign this or not, Maybe its a good thing, maybe its not.
  • Options
    MissNukiMissNuki Posts: 8
    edited December 2011
    Sign me up.

The 'standard online socialite' has the vocab and grammar skills of a rancid bowl of oatmeal. I don't want to 'socialize' or chat with them. I certainly don't want their homely sims in my game.

I'll pass on turning Sims 3 into Second Life. Leave socializing to that fake Facebook game, EA.

Besides, what if their sims are from a wonky, slow, or infected PC? I doubt EA is going to be able to counter or prevent that with efficiently. With Sims 3 track record with patches and incompatibility issues, I might pass for PC safety concerns alone.

• Options
    fuzzymonkey123fuzzymonkey123 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Sign me up!!
  • Options
    kyra1996kyra1996 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2011
    sign for me
    i have no clue why people spend their time reading up on what their friends(who they dont know in real life) had for dinner or how they found out today that milk comes from cows.
    i have to admit internet is usefull but social networking is going to far now.
    if they dont reveal more interesting details about this 'new' game with the 'new' become famous option i will probably not buy it. (althou i wil possibly buy it anyway becouse of the creature)
  • Options
    frylock243frylock243 Posts: 281 New Member
    edited December 2011
    /signed

I mistrust the idea of random sims from random games having to come into my game and sending my sims into random games and hoping they come back without problems. EA's track record isn't exactly good when it comes to these things.

And if I can't progress in my career paths without playing sim roulette, so much worse.

I also didn't really have a deep, burning desire for Sims 3 to become a social game. I have other games that take care of that need.
  • Options
    Java3Java3 Posts: 122 Member
    edited December 2011
    tainted wrote:
    Java3 wrote:
    I'll sign.

How do you know this? Could it not strip the sims that are sent down to base game content to account for some people not having all the eps?

No, the exchange already does that, yet the bad custom content still runs in the exchange
  • Options
    FrusturatedUserFrusturatedUser Posts: 484 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm almost sure someone hit this before me but:

Fill in the blank! "This is official because ____"?
  • Options
    mrsmilesalotmrsmilesalot Posts: 3,108 Member
    edited December 2011
    yeah! SIGN ME UP!
  • Options
    GdurmaGdurma Posts: 490 Member
    edited December 2011
    Signed.
  • Options
    Kelci91Kelci91 Posts: 406 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm not going to sign because I know there are some people out there who want the social networking. But I do have to say there should be the option to turn the social networking off.

I'll sign that petition.
  • Options
    jennthyajennthya Posts: 328 Member
    edited December 2011
    Signed. Oh and could I add that I don't want the patch to contain the "social" stuff either?!! :shock:
  • Options
    TJenirose325TJenirose325 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't have much hope EA is going to care what we thing, but I suppose stranger things have happened. I will sign
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2011
    Kelci91 wrote:
    I'm not going to sign because I know there are some people out there who want the social networking. But I do have to say there should be the option to turn the social networking off.

I'll sign that petition.

This -- just because I'm not interested now doesn't mean I won't be interested in the future, especially if it turns out they did a decent job on it and I don't hear of games being glitched. I really don't know that many people around here well so don't know who I could send my Sims to (or who'd want to send their Sims to me), but stranger things have happened. :? If we can turn the option off in Game Options, then turn it back on when we change our minds, then I've got no beef with it -- leave it up to individual choice.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    amyterryamyterry Posts: 9
    edited December 2011
    AHAHAHA.....petitioning AGAINST social networking...while social networking...people make me laugh....don't sign me in...rofl
  • Options
    KILLAKIOKILLAKIO Posts: 30
    edited December 2011
    Signed.
  • Options
    EllieOllyEllieOlly Posts: 1,534
    edited December 2011
    Agreed :D if not I want it optional!
  • Options
    KalaniCoolKalaniCool Posts: 64 Member
    edited December 2011
    Agree
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited December 2011
    Signed.
    Or at the very least provide an OFF button.

@amyterry: AHAHAH! Coming on an anti-social networking thread just to troll, people make me laugh too ;)
  • Options
    WitchPhoenix32WitchPhoenix32 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited December 2011
    SIGNED! I might buy this if the reviews are good, but if you have to visit to advance/ complete stuff I am NOT buying it. I like sims to be my own world where I can create/do what I want, not have creepers coming to my town. If this is optional and isn't a big part of the game I might buy it for the creature or whatever. I don't think that this will work but at least they'll know what we want!