Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics glitches, Lion 10.7.2, the Intel 3000 HD Graphics card and patch 1.25 - GURUS

Comments

• ShelbyMitchnerShelbyMitchner Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    MacBook Specs:
    Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

I just went out and bought The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Ambitions EP yesterday and have been having problems ever since. My first problem: after installing The Sims 3, it tells me there are updates that need to be downloaded (no updates have been done whatsoever). When I accept to download them, the download gets almost to the end, and the box just disappears, without finishing the download. If I try to play the game from there, the graphics are distorted, eyes are messed up, can't see clothes, only skin color, etc. However, last night I tried the download numerous times and it did finally finish, however sims were still distorted. After that, I uninstalled everything and tried to reinstall and problems still occurred.

Also, after the very first time that I installed The Sims 3 (without any updates), I installed The Sims 3 Ambitions EP. However, when I tried to play The Sims 3 Ambitions EP, the program was opening and closing, repeatedly and there were 2 of The Sims 3 Ambitions open at all times. I could not force close or shut down my computer, so I held down the power button and uninstalled once the computer came back on.

Have there been any solutions to either of these problems? I was so excited to get the game and play, however I've spent about 8+ hours trying to get things working. I haven't had any problems with the game freezing or anything, yet I only played it for about a max of 30 minutes with the distorted graphics. The game glitched and lagged around, however never completely froze.

Thanks for your help in advance!
  • Joel1992Joel1992 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited November 2011
    hey guys i need help with the sims graphics glitches concerning lion 7.2 plz is there anyone who knows about this email me
  • Heather810Heather810 Posts: 57
    edited November 2011
    Can anyone please help me? I have the worst glitches is there a work around?
  • mcruthiemcruthie Posts: 83 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Something to try for those with the same specs(see below) as me and are experiencing the Pixellated/Choppy Sims:

2011 13” MacBook Pro
    2.7Ghz Intel Core i7
    8Gb RAM
    Intel HD 3000 512Mb

Lion 10.7.2

- Base Game (NOT PATCHED to 1.27), WA, HELS, Amb, FL, LN, OL, Gen, TL, Pets

Consider lowering your Game Options, it is not the best but at least u get to play. Sims seem to be hogging my RAM and so I had to use the lowest setting. Before the Lion update, all these were maxed out.
    3y8wo.jpg

Other stuff you may want to know:
    I have alot of CC -Downloads folder approaching 2.5 Gb. Not sure if this is a lot but I only started playing Sims 3 in Sept 2011. My packages folder has around 400 MB of files.

I am still using the launcher (still figuring out how to start the game without it) and I have to wait a while to see it.
  • Surfergirl1028Surfergirl1028 Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Model: 13" macbook pro early 2011
    Model Identifier: idk what this is
    CPU: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    RAM:4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Now onto the game:

Base Game: Yes
    Patch:1.27.5.013001
    Ambitions: Yes
    Patch:
    Late Night: Yes
    Patch:

Problem: the eyes on my sims keep messing up and it wont show the late night graphics.. oh and i cant find the patches for ambition or late night games..
  • Surfergirl1028Surfergirl1028 Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Model: 13" macbook pro early 2011
    Model Identifier: idk what this is
    CPU: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    RAM:4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Now onto the game:

Base Game: Yes
    Patch:1.27.5.013001
    Ambitions: Yes
    Patch:
    Late Night: Yes
    Patch:

Problem: the eyes on my sims keep messing up and it wont show the late night graphics.. oh and i cant find the patches for ambition or late night games..
  • sabrina00624sabrina00624 Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Does anybody know when the patch will come out to fix all of the glitches? I haven't been able to play my sims every since i installed pets onto my laptop and it's so frustrating! I just really want to play!
  • Steffanny0490Steffanny0490 Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    ^^^^ I'm in the same boat as you! When is this "patch" being released! There are wayyy to many MAC users that are having this issue. We pay our money for NO customer service. If EA isn't going to care they should refrain from put "MAC" on their games. Simple.
  • gw11789gw11789 Posts: 5
    edited November 2011
    Right so I am having the problem where my sims are all glitchy and are weird colours. I have noticed that when I try and paint a portrait of my sims, the portrait comes out in the weird colours as well.

MacBook Pro
    13-inch, Early 2011

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2

Only have the base game
    I am not sure what patch I am on, but when I refresh to see if there are any available, it says I have already downloaded the latest patch.

Please please please does someone have any tips that can at least make playing slightly better? I have noticed that some people are only getting the weird eyes, and at this point, I would be happy even with that!!
  • SimGuruWebSimGuruWeb Posts: 18 SimGuru (retired)
    edited November 2011
    We are aware of the graphical issue that our MAC players have been running across in their game. We are working on a fix and will update you once it’s available. Thank you for your patience.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited November 2011
    This has just been pointed out to me over on my blog (thanks ;) ):

screen-shot-2011-11-29-at-22-09-39.png

Did a guru post on here nearly 3 hours ago (I'm in the UK) then scrub their post? Because I can see no post on here from SimGuruWeb.

Why would they do that?

I see nothing has changed, sorry you're all still suffering such poor support and there is still no patch :(

Edit - WOAH, as soon as I posted the guru's post showed up. Very strange. :roll:
    apple-signature.png
  • AnnsleyAnnsley Posts: 50
    edited November 2011
    OMG HOUSTON WE HAVE CONTACT

:D:D MY HAPPINESS OVER A MODERATOR FINALLY ACKNOWLEDGING MAC USERS' PROBLEMS 1.5 MONTHS LATER IS EXTREMELY DEPRESSING BUT THAT'S OKAY :D:D

GO US
  • papayamei7papayamei7 Posts: 13
    edited November 2011
    SimGuruWeb wrote:
    We are aware of the graphical issue that our MAC players have been running across in their game. We are working on a fix and will update you once it’s available. Thank you for your patience.

Wow...it sincerely bothers me that it has taken this long for someone official to respond to the problem us Mac users are experiencing when we have been asking them about it for over a month. Also, can it REALLY take that long for them to create a patch for the game that will fix the issues we're experiencing? Because I've been hearing since October that they have been "working on a patch" and it just seems inconceivable that it would really take that long to create when the exact problems we're experiencing have been reported over and over again...so they should know exactly what it is they need to change. Come on, EA! The only game I own is Sims 3 and I had been wanting to buy some of the expansion packs but at this point I am a lot less inclined to purchase something from them when who knows if it will actually work on my computer.
  • Zarah888Zarah888 Posts: 329
    edited November 2011
    I completely agree with Papayamei7, it shouldn't take this long. A few months ago there was an even BIGGER problem affecting MORE people, and we had absolutely no correspondence with the Gurus. This is ridiculous. Any "help" (a term that I use loosely in this context) we managed to get on live chat in customer support would give instructions that would effectively destroy our computers. And every patch comes with more problems, requiring another patch, which in turn needs ANOTHER patch to fix the OTHER patch's issues...

You know where your response really would've been appreciated (probably, anyway), SimGuruWeb? A few months ago, here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/413974.page

Your welcome. You know, for the patience and everything.

• AmazingMeganAmazingMegan Posts: 72 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I completely agree with the frustration regarding this first SimGuru reply.
    Especially due to the fact that the Guru literally did not say anything we didn't already know. If you're going to post on this thread, where us Mac users have been complaining, solving, and crying for more then a month now, at least give a sincere apology, give more info, and acknowledge the fact that no one has even attempted an actual solution to help any of us in this thread, or any mac user, period.
    I think we deserve an explanation, but I also know we won't get one.

I know this has been said several times, but I personally know several people who are completely done with EA's insincerity and carelessness that is displayed to its loyal customers. Translated = tons of fans lost, tons of money lost, serious issues going on.
  • mariemillsmariemills Posts: 35
    edited November 2011
    I'm as frustrated as the rest of you guys, but there's not a lot that complaining about poor service on a forum like this is going to do. Companies will routinely ignore stuff like this because, at the end of the day, they still have lots of loyal customers who haven't experienced the amount of problems we have (read: PC users).

What we have now is confirmation by someone who can actually tell us definitely that there is a fix on the way for this issue. Yes, it's really late in the day and yes, it's irritating that no other information is given, but we FINALLY got a guru acknowledging that we exist and telling us that something is actually happening about it. Small victories.
  • MAMuniqueMAMunique Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    I'm glad to finally see proof of the claim that EA is working on fixing the problem, but what I, and many others I presume, want to know is WHEN? The holidays are coming up, and my guess is that many people will have a more than plentiful amount of spare time, in which they may want to play, but I find this impossible to do with a sim being choppy and pixelated.
  • AnnsleyAnnsley Posts: 50
    edited November 2011
    mariemills wrote:
    I'm as frustrated as the rest of you guys, but there's not a lot that complaining about poor service on a forum like this is going to do. Companies will routinely ignore stuff like this because, at the end of the day, they still have lots of loyal customers who haven't experienced the amount of problems we have (read: PC users).

What we have now is confirmation by someone who can actually tell us definitely that there is a fix on the way for this issue. Yes, it's really late in the day and yes, it's irritating that no other information is given, but we FINALLY got a guru acknowledging that we exist and telling us that something is actually happening about it. Small victories.

100% agree with this. Not saying I am thrilled by the fact that it took so long to get any updates, but considering we all whined for a solid 6 weeks about how all we wanted was some - hell, we'd have taken ANY - acknowledgement, I think we can consider this a resoundingly positive sign. If you had told me a month ago we'd get any response I'd have rolled my eyes, and hey - we did.

Most of the reason I was worried about the patch is because I wasn't sure if they'd even patch this problem since the Intel chip isn't technically on their "supported" list. The fact that they have outright come here to say that they will fix it is a huge relief- and honestly they can take all the time they want as long as I know (a) we have been heard, and (b) the problem WILL be solved with the next patch.

I'm not telling people to be complacent. I'm saying: consider the reality of the situation. If you thought you were going to get an EA Guru posting a 1000-word apology, explanation of the problem, and timeline for the patch, then you are living in a dream land. They don't even do this for their PC users, aka the privileged class. (I would go so far as to say even if in the freak circumstance someone DID do this, people would still be unhappy & demand more retribution.) As far as I'm concerned, ANY acknowledgement of our existence from EA is leaps and bounds above the standard treatment. Is it right? No. Is it reality? Yes. Sometimes, you gotta take what you can get, and move on.
  • y878hy878h Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Annsley wrote:
    mariemills wrote:

100% agree with this. Not saying I am thrilled by the fact that it took so long to get any updates, but considering we all whined for a solid 6 weeks about how all we wanted was some - hell, we'd have taken ANY - acknowledgement, I think we can consider this a resoundingly positive sign. If you had told me a month ago we'd get any response I'd have rolled my eyes, and hey - we did.

Most of the reason I was worried about the patch is because I wasn't sure if they'd even patch this problem since the Intel chip isn't technically on their "supported" list. The fact that they have outright come here to say that they will fix it is a huge relief- and honestly they can take all the time they want as long as I know (a) we have been heard, and (b) the problem WILL be solved with the next patch.

I'm not telling people to be complacent. I'm saying: consider the reality of the situation. If you thought you were going to get an EA Guru posting a 1000-word apology, explanation of the problem, and timeline for the patch, then you are living in a dream land. They don't even do this for their PC users, aka the privileged class. (I would go so far as to say even if in the freak circumstance someone DID do this, people would still be unhappy & demand more retribution.) As far as I'm concerned, ANY acknowledgement of our existence from EA is leaps and bounds above the standard treatment. Is it right? No. Is it reality? Yes. Sometimes, you gotta take what you can get, and move on.

🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited December 2011
    *sigh* im glad to hear theres some confirmation of an update
  • Ladybug_COBLadybug_COB Posts: 19 Member
    edited December 2011
    I agree. Guess we'll just have to sit tight and continue waiting.

Hopefully it is sooner than later though. I do miss actually seeing my Sims.
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    edited December 2011
    387510_10150992077880043_701485042_21855666_225564306_n.jpg

I am having the same problem, I saw pics above that were similar to this. Everything else is working fine. But, it's like the color around the sims blinks and covers them. All others sims display fine.

Macbook Air 13"
    Lion
    Intel HD 3000
    The Sims 3 Ambitions
  • xMathyxMathy Posts: 555 New Member
    edited December 2011
    SimGuruWeb wrote:
    Finally!
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you guys are having problems.

Ive already told Poptart, hydra and Grant that you guys were having problems. Grant said that they have an internet team who is working to 'help people'.

I found that funny since you guys never got a response before.

would of been nice if you guru's would of said something awhile ago...
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited December 2011
    I currently dont use a mac, but I grew up using them and my whole sims 2 experience was on my mac laptop. I couldn't imagine playing sims with them looking all deformed like that. Im very sorry you guys are having issues. Like I said, I tried to notify 3 of the guru's, but they didn't give any help really. I know that EA has internet connection. I don't know why one of their team workers couldn't take 2 seconds to post that they acknowledge that you guys are having issues. It sure would of kept alot of people in the community.