Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easter Eggs and Secrets

Comments

• AdlynAdlyn Posts: 493 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Toria69 wrote:
    Adlyn wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    How to you plant eggs/cheese? I tried twice to do it and it doesn't work. The only book by Alexander Goth is Murder in Pleasntview.
    that is funny, well u cant plant eggs and cheese do u plant them in real life? :shock:

To be able to plant eggs - for an eggplant and cheese - for a cheese plant, you need to have a gardening trait and also have at least 9 gardening skill. Once you have attained these you will be asked by the restaurant to delivery excellent or better produce, once you have delivered these the guy gives you a 'special' piece of cheese and a 'special' egg (they're not actually special, as any cheese & egg will grow) which you can go and plant. Once you have planted these you can plant any old cheese or eggs.

Also, once you find the Omni plant behind the lab you can feed it anything, sausages, steak, fish - I like to feed it Death Fish and continuously make Ambrosia without any effort at all!

no way!!! really? i never did that.
    i mean i had the skill to gardening 10 and i always had great produce :D
    how coool i can plant cheese? :Dyeeee
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited July 2009
    Adlyn wrote:
    Toria69 wrote:
    Adlyn wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    How to you plant eggs/cheese? I tried twice to do it and it doesn't work. The only book by Alexander Goth is Murder in Pleasntview.
    that is funny, well u cant plant eggs and cheese do u plant them in real life? :shock:

To be able to plant eggs - for an eggplant and cheese - for a cheese plant, you need to have a gardening trait and also have at least 9 gardening skill. Once you have attained these you will be asked by the restaurant to delivery excellent or better produce, once you have delivered these the guy gives you a 'special' piece of cheese and a 'special' egg (they're not actually special, as any cheese & egg will grow) which you can go and plant. Once you have planted these you can plant any old cheese or eggs.

Also, once you find the Omni plant behind the lab you can feed it anything, sausages, steak, fish - I like to feed it Death Fish and continuously make Ambrosia without any effort at all!

no way!!! really? i never did that.
    i mean i had the skill to gardening 10 and i always had great produce :D
    how coool i can plant cheese? :Dyeeee

you have to wait for the opp from either Hogan's diner or the Bistro for it. Same goes for the beef/stake opp.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • DevCreatorDevCreator Posts: 185 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The non-castaway ACTION WORLD show reminded me of Sonic X
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited July 2009
    If you plant a garden on your lot and move out you can still harvest from it. The plants live much longer and don't require maintenance at all.

Not sure what happens if a family moves in though.

Everyday one of my Sims teleports to the old house to harvest. I then click on the phone and cue the teleport home option so they come right home after the job is done.
  • Aserian4560Aserian4560 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Wait! The Broke family is in this game?! Seriously..where? I've never seen them!
    :shock: :shock:
  • shukkipuushukkipuu Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    There is a painting of a lighthouse. The description of it indicates that no one is sure what it is meant to be but it is painted by a D.Dreamer

I loved that Family in TS2 got him married to Bella =P
  • New_RoostermanNew_Roosterman Posts: 402 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If you have your sims "clean up" a plate which contains food which can still be eaten they will get a negative moodlet regardless of their individual traits. I confirmed this with 3 different sims in my household.

If you take a job at the bistro you get a random event where you stand too close to the oven and someone lights a match and FWOOSH your sim gets burned. They come home all frazzled and fried. Only way to fix it is for them to shower or bathe cause their work uniform will be ruined.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited July 2009
    If you have your sims "clean up" a plate which contains food which can still be eaten they will get a negative moodlet regardless of their individual traits. I confirmed this with 3 different sims in my household.

If you take a job at the bistro you get a random event where you stand too close to the oven and someone lights a match and FWOOSH your sim gets burned. They come home all frazzled and fried. Only way to fix it is for them to shower or bathe cause their work uniform will be ruined.

that's incorrect they get distracted by an argument by other chefs,
    6adMCGP.gif
  • shukkipuushukkipuu Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Although it isn'tan easter egg, as your sims can wish to catch them you can catch 'alley catfish' and 'siamese catfish'.. I thought it was kinda cute =P
  • EmuKateEmuKate Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for this post, now I've found out even more interesting stuff! :D
  • 7Deadly5ins7Deadly5ins Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2009
    MadameLee wrote:

that's incorrect they get distracted by an argument by other chefs,

No, there are a few that result in it.
  • hot7stuff67hot7stuff67 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    This probly is'nt an eggs, but my sim was going home from a friends house when i zoomed in on him and he had his awm around the passenger seat like he was relaxing in his car. I thought it was kinda cool nifty little detail.
  • jteditjtedit Posts: 70 Member
    edited July 2009
    My evil sims's wife died from fire an he got the buff of 'other sim suffering' and 'heart-brocken' de-buff at the same time

I LOL!!!!!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D:D :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :):):):) 8) 8) 8) :wink::wink::wink::wink:

Happy about your wife suffering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    EVIL
  • coraannoncoraannon Posts: 45 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ive found out that
    If you give both the parents fertility treatment and then get the woman pregnant go to the store the first day and if you want 3 girls eat 3 apples and if you want 3 boys eat 3 watermelon! Try it; it worked for me!! :roll:
  • DayzeeDayzee Posts: 85 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I noticed something funny while playing, I had a pregnant sim in my household and her father-in-law was working in the medical career. There was an option for him to "determine gender of baby". When you do that you get a pop-up telling you if it's a boy or a girl. I'm not sure if it requires a certain career level though.
  • monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited July 2009
    bennsyd wrote:
    Maybe it's just me but anyways! You know when you pay like 400$ to earn a skill (for example a logic skill) well I was at level 9 in cooking and I got tiered of reading books and cooking and stuff so I paid the 400$, came out and checked my skills. IT WAS STILL AT LEVEL 9! So, ''it can only be used for the first skill'' :evil: I WAS SO MAD MAD MAD MAD!! :thumbdown: :XD: :lol::mrgreen: 8)

Actually I think going to learn a skill just increases the speed at with you learn that particular skill. So, the first skill is usually learned automatically as a result but later skills won't, if you know what I'm saying. So, it doesn't actually give you a skill point, it just increases the speed that you can learn them.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2009
    Wait! The Broke family is in this game?! Seriously..where? I've never seen them!
    :shock: :shock:
    Well, not exactly true, but they could be. In Riverview, Bob Newbie is a teenager and so is his bride-to-be, Betty Simovitch. It's up to you to get these two hitched so that they can have a daughter, Brandi (think watermelon for a girl). Skip Broke is a child in the game. Once again, it's up to you to get these two paired off. I've managed to do all of that in my game so far. And their first child is a son named Dustin (of course :mrgreen: ) I'm planning on them having another son (Beau) and a third child. I probably won't bother to kill off Skip, though. I just don't have the heart to do that. I usually resurrected him in Sims 2 anyway with the help of SimPE.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • dajghoti25dajghoti25 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Adlyn wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    Actually!! In the game "The Sims 3" You can plant eggs and cheese. You have to reach a specific level of gardening and do the gardening opportunities. I think the level is 8 and the opportunity involves the grocery store.
  • 93natalie93natalie Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I just found a really cool Secret! I've checked several pages of posts and not seen that anyone else has discovered it. If a ghost on your lot eats ambrosia, it will come back to life. The person will have the skills they had when they died! Is that not awesome? :mrgreen: Also, ghost children born to your sims will come to real life after eating ambrosia. My main sim has all the mad skills and she fixed the ambrosia. Before she could put it away, her dead mom came in and ate the ambrosia. Then the game crashed before I could save it. I then gave some ambrosia to my daughter that was born from my ghost husband. She came to life, beautiful girl. LOL. :)
  • MangoyMangoy Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Does anyone have the Moving Gnome? I found 3 of them! one in the catacombs and 2 from my klepto trait
  • SporkorSporkor Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It's not quite an easter egg but if you creat a house where a sim can only enter it by teleporting into it, the house becomes inacessable to burgalurs and they just run around it. Make a room where you have to swim across a pool to get to the teleporter and put no lights in it or they can steal them and leave.
  • MISSANGIEKAYMISSANGIEKAY Posts: 345 Member
    edited July 2009
    shukkipuu wrote:
    There is a painting of a lighthouse. The description of it indicates that no one is sure what it is meant to be but it is painted by a D.Dreamer

I loved that Family in TS2 got him married to Bella =P

I got him married to Cassandra Goth. Im not sure how you were able to dot that in ts2 unless you moved him to strangetown.Cause i never saw bella in Pleasentview.
  • thaimor216thaimor216 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Kyletacular wrote:
    There is also a magic gnome that appears somewhere, he's like the normal ones but he moves at night. lol

That reminds me of the old cheat gnome that appeared when u entered cheat mode. Except the cheat gnome didn't move or anything. Still the gnome's kinda creepy
  • GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited July 2009

So many interesting things to try in the game! I didn't know Bob Newbie & Betty Simovitch were Brandis' parents. I like the idea of trying to get Skip & Brandi together. One of my Sims fished up a gnome but it's still in his invetory. Now I know to get it out. Think maybe I'm playing too many families but I can't stop! :lol:
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2009
    When fishing you sometimes reel in boxes with everything from candles to books, to cakes to lights - anything form buy mode in them.

Evil snob klptos will love stealing and keeping all of the best things from other homes, and it fills the buy this wish if you can steal it :)
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.