Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing Tutorial Compilation ☆Updated: 09/25/2012☆ Request: Eyebrow Drawing

Comments

• DanieleAllyssonDanieleAllysson Posts: 148
    edited October 2011
    OMG!
    There are so much to learn. I feel that I am so dumb right now. LOL!

How am I supposed to know which CC is bad and which is not?

Any mods help to prevent error code 12? Because I have been getting it a lot. And it really annoys me; imagine playing less than 5mins, and when you wanted to save your game, that message pops out.
    What are the mods that helps in reducing lagginess?

I have just changed my graphic card, and os because of this game. Sigh... Still trying to reinstall everything right now.
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited October 2011
    Don't feel dumb. This is a lot to take in, but don't worry, you will catch on.

I'll give you a few useful links that can get you started.

Bad CC - Instructions on how to find it and how to get rid of it (including list) <-- This is crinrict's thread found in Tech Discussions. It is laid out nicely in the first post so that information is quick and easy to find. A list was also included of all known bad CC or how to find bad CC in your game. This guide also includes how to properly install CC and Mods into your game.

For Error 12 Look Here! Simmers have offered a few ideas of how to get rid of the Error 12 and on the second page there is a link to a guide crinrict did that may help you.

Be sure to visit Twallan! You don't need to be a member to download any of his mods, but he is an awesome Modder. More simmers than not use his Mods. For Lagging, I would go with The Overwatch Mod. There are a lot of useful Mods, so if you download any, be sure to follow what Twallan has written. And Twallan is the best person to ask about his Mods.

Also be careful of Core-Mods until you fully understand non-core Mods.

And when updating your game, remove the Mods folder temporarily, before you update. The CC (and Mods especially) can cause your game to crash and mess with previous saved game files. Twallan is fast at updating his mods right away.
    edited October 2011
    Dear Dusty and fellow pro, experienced Sims3 players,

May I request for a tutorial on differentiating good and bad CC?
    And installation process for CC.
    Mods that helps to reduce lagginess, and game crash situations, if any of you has encountered one?

xo,
    Daniele
    edited October 2011
    Already answered for you. Had to go searching for the links :wink:
    edited October 2011
    LE,
    Thanks for the links. I just realized you've replied me. Hehe.
    Well, regarding the LAA, I have tried; but I ain't a computer wizz.
    I somewhat messed things up by using that, no clue what and how it works, though. :(
    edited October 2011
    @ Daniele - The LAA? I dunno if I have ever heard of that before.

@ Dusty - I gave my School a much needed makeover. The new classes are now grouped together under the following headings:
      Editing
      Storytelling
      Ingame pics/Sets
      Set Enhancement
    altho this may just go down to Enhancement in general to include Beauty Enhancement and hair drawing, though I haven't decided yet.

I am now also offering a Practice Mini Comp for those who want to model, but are overwhelmed or unsure of the ropes and for those who want to judge or start their own comp, I shall be teaching them the art of judging/hosting.
    edited October 2011
    @ Daniele - The LAA? I dunno if I have ever heard of that before.

@ Dusty - I gave my School a much needed makeover. The new classes are now grouped together under the following headings:
      Editing
      Storytelling
      Ingame pics/Sets
      Set Enhancement
    altho this may just go down to Enhancement in general to include Beauty Enhancement and hair drawing, though I haven't decided yet.

I am now also offering a Practice Mini Comp for those who want to model, but are overwhelmed or unsure of the ropes and for those who want to judge or start their own comp, I shall be teaching them the art of judging/hosting.

Yeah. The Large Address Aware.

Oh by the way, you teach people how to do the modeling stuffs?
    edited October 2011
    Definitely never heard of it.

And yes I do. Everything from in game to editing to set enhancing. I also read up on a lot of the tutorials offered by other simmers to familiarize myself with them in case it comes up. This thread is very useful to me for links in my school.

You can find my school here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/454319.page if you want to check it out and maybe sign up for a few classes or the Practice Mini Comp.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2011
    Definitely never heard of it.

And yes I do. Everything from in game to editing to set enhancing. I also read up on a lot of the tutorials offered by other simmers to familiarize myself with them in case it comes up. This thread is very useful to me for links in my school.

You can find my school here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/317903.page if you want to check it out and maybe sign up for a few classes or the Practice Mini Comp.

I can't seem to be able to post a reply on that thread link you've given to me.
    edited October 2011
    That's odd. Well, sometimes the forums can get a little glitchy. You can try again later if you wish.
    edited October 2011
    Dusty - I created an Effects & Filters Tutorial for Gimp found here: forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/453881.page
    edited October 2011
    Dusty, can you please change the link of the old school to the new one: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/454319.page

The old thread became unusable, so I had to make a new one :?
  • DustyDreamerDustyDreamer Posts: 1,569 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Lady Em!! Thanks so much for answering all DanieleAllysson's questions!
    I will certainly update your links and the front page.

DanieleAllysson: I hope you wont hesitate to ask anymore questions. Your receiving advice and information from one of the most helpful and best on here, Lady Em. :}
    I really do urge you to join her school of editing, its for beginners like yourself and she is a thoughtful instructor, giving help and advice where needed. Youll be surprised how much you will learn and how much you will begin experimenting on your own. :}
    edited October 2011
    Aww, Dusty, you're making me blush :oops:

Thank you though for the sentiment and the update hehe.

And no worries, happy to help ^.^
    edited October 2011
    I have been getting this message, which prevented me to post on your thread, LE. :( I have even tried posting at the new thread of yours, it just didn't seem to work.

"404 - error.404.pagenotfound
    error.404.text"

@Dusty,
    Of course! I will certainly join her school of editing and learn some new tricks!
    But I got to make sure that my Sims3 is stable first. Need a few days to test it out.
    Have been downloading some CCs from trustworthy websites.

@Em,
    Don't blush...
    Dusty is just stating the facts. Hehe.
    edited October 2011
    Hey Daniele, I just tested. Quick Reply should work, since Post Reply seems to be broken. I have no idea why, but I'll find out.
    edited October 2011
    Daniele & Lady Em: That sometimes happens to me...actually alot. I found a work around, quote someone in the thread and just delete the quote after it opens up the text box, enter your reply and send and it should work. :}
    edited October 2011
    Thanks Dusty ^.^

The post reply is working again. Prolly just a glitch :)
    edited October 2011
    Okey Dokey!

It tends to happen alot to me, so thats what I usually do. :}
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited November 2011
    are there any tutorials that use paint shop pro as I can't afford photoshop (takes too long to download too just for a trial =s) and I am not use to GIMP like I am paint shop pro :)
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
    edited November 2011
    Kylie: The only PaintShop Pro tutorials are from Smash:

Smash's Hotshot Lesson Plan
    This was originally for the competition HotShots Next Top Model created by Smash. But she was nice enough to share it with everyone!
    Programs Addressed:
    Adobe Photoshop
    Gimp
    Paintshop Pro
    Adobe Photoshop Elements
    ☆ Consists of many tutorials, ranging from the basics to the complex, and theres even more to come: Picking perfect backgrounds, getting rid of the pesky green lines, using the burn & dodge tool effectively, manipulating shadows, photoskinning
  • Angeleyes30Angeleyes30 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited November 2011
    :oops: :?: :x :?

Hello,I read your post(I skim through a lot of posts looking for help.)I believe maybe you can help me if you would?I'm having some issues with my game..I have Sims3,with Exspandsion Pack -Ambitions...When you get a chance let me know if you will and we hopefully can find a way to chat and resolve all my game problems...Thank you !!
    edited November 2011
    Hi there Angeleyes30!

What types of problems are you having with your game? Im a great resource for information on where to find solutions, so even if I cant provide the answer, I will direct you to where you can. :}

• lotterygirl13lotterygirl13 Posts: 831
    edited December 2011
    are there any tuts on making cc?
    edited December 2011
    Lotterygirl13: I can link you over to several:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop
    "Welcome to TSR Workshop - the standard Custom Content Tool for Sims 3. On this site you will find the latest news, latest releases and downloads and other useful information to get you started with custom content in Sims 3."

http://www.thesimsresource.com/tutorials/browse/category/sims3/view/detailed
    --> TSR index for Sims 3 tutorials.

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=593
    --> Mod The Sims dedicated forum to creating custom content; tutorials, meshing, etc.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Modding
    -->MTS tutorial wiki.

It really depends though on what you would like to create. Hair? Furniture? Objects? Clothes? Shoes?
    When you know, you can really narrow it down and focus on that one thing instead of trying to absorb all the info out there. As you get into one, itll be easier to get into creating other things.

Hope this was helpful!