Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics glitches, Lion 10.7.2, the Intel 3000 HD Graphics card and patch 1.25 - GURUS

Comments

• whtrbtwhtrbt Posts: 1,927 Member
    edited November 2011
    I have chronic freezing with my MacBook which requires me to shut down the computer using the power button.

Here are my computer's stats:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
    Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0C
    SMC Version (system): 1.57f17

Intel HD Graphics:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics
    Type: GPU
    Bus: Built-In
    VRAM (Total): 288 MB
    Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
    Device ID: 0x0046
    Revision ID: 0x0018
    gMux Version: 1.9.22
    Displays:
    Display Connector:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 512 MB
    Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
    Device ID: 0x0a29
    Revision ID: 0x00a2
    ROM Revision: 3560
    gMux Version: 1.9.22
    Displays:
    Display Connector:
    LED Cinema Display:
    Resolution: 1920 x 1200
    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
    Display Serial Number: 2A0270550K0
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Rotation: Supported
    Connection Type: DisplayPort

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited November 2011
    Here's an idea for those of you having the graphics problem. Why don't you post pictures on a gaming company's social networking page?
    apple-signature.png
  • kaosgirl00kaosgirl00 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited November 2011
    good idea!
  • GameKyuGameKyu Posts: 23
    edited November 2011
    took a risk and bought ts3 two days ago. have pixellated/choppy Sims:
    my specs

2011 13” MacBook Pro (bought in august)
    2.3Ghz Intel Core i5
    4Gb RAM
    Intel HD 3000 384Mb
    Lion 10.7.2
    - Base Game
    - Patch 1.27.5.013001
  • PumpkinPeazyPumpkinPeazy Posts: 13 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Here's an idea for those of you having the graphics problem. Why don't you post pictures on a gaming company's social networking page?
    What do you mean? Like on EA's Facebook page?
    edited November 2011
    *double post*
    Sorry about that, can't figure out how to delete it.
  • silenttoastsilenttoast Posts: 6
    edited November 2011
    i'm really over the sims 3, constant problems with the game and mac. And like they may or may not make a patch to fix the problem, but then it's like what problem will be next?
  • joeysbbygirljoeysbbygirl Posts: 100 New Member
    edited November 2011
    i'm really over the sims 3, constant problems with the game and mac. And like they may or may not make a patch to fix the problem, but then it's like what problem will be next?

I am really beginning to get the feeling that a patch for the graphics issue of weird looking sims.. isn't going to come.

There will be a patch, I'm sure. And it has been documented and stated by EA employees that they are working on a patch for macs "with the horses shutting down the game" issue. There has been no official mention of fixing the errors caused by Lion 10.7.2.

Sadly, I don't think it's coming. I hope I'm wrong.
  • beth_64beth_64 Posts: 2
    edited November 2011

I am really beginning to get the feeling that a patch for the graphics issue of weird looking sims.. isn't going to come.

There will be a patch, I'm sure. And it has been documented and stated by EA employees that they are working on a patch for macs "with the horses shutting down the game" issue. There has been no official mention of fixing the errors caused by Lion 10.7.2.

Sadly, I don't think it's coming. I hope I'm wrong.

I wouldn't lose hope totally - sooner or later EA will realise that ALL new MacBooks sold have Intel HD graphics cards and Lion 10.7.2 plus. They'll have to do something, or lose a chunk of customers - Macs are way more popular than they used to be (6 or 7 years ago we wouldn't have a hope in hell) and so I think they must make up a significant proportion of Sims 3 users.

It might take months, but they will eventually fix it. Unless they decide to totally give up on us.
  • RawrKiddoRawrKiddo Posts: 2,555 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M

The Sims 3: Yes
    Patch : 1.27.5.013001

World Adventures: Yes
    Patch: 2.0.86.002001

High End Loft: Yes
    Patch 3.0.38.004001

Ambitions: Yes
    Patch: 4.2.32.007001

Fast Lane: Yes
    Patch: 5.0.44.008001

Late Night: Yes
    Patch: 6.4.5.010031

Outdoor Living: Yes
    Patch: 7.2.7.010031

Generations: Yes
    Patch: 8.0.152.011001

Town Life: Yes
    Patch: 9.0.73.012001

Pets: Yes
    Patch: 10.0.96.013001

I think I'm a little late on this... But my game used to freeze when my adopted pet came home, but it seemed that the spell book download was corrupting my game so I removed it. Now my game freezes when I save or go into edit town mode
  • BABYSHEVY13BABYSHEVY13 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited November 2011

I wouldn't lose hope totally - sooner or later EA will realise that ALL new MacBooks sold have Intel HD graphics cards and Lion 10.7.2 plus. They'll have to do something, or lose a chunk of customers - Macs are way more popular than they used to be (6 or 7 years ago we wouldn't have a hope in hell) and so I think they must make up a significant proportion of Sims 3 users.

It might take months, but they will eventually fix it. Unless they decide to totally give up on us.

Unfortunately,

EA has far more PC customers than Mac. I really do not think that the care at all how many Mac customers they loose. I don't think they realize that Mac is really moving up in the world and more and more people are switching over. If they do they don't care. If they cared about Mac customers at all Aspyr would still be making the Mac based games and this message board wouldn't even exist.
  • mariemillsmariemills Posts: 35
    edited November 2011

Unfortunately,

EA has far more PC customers than Mac. I really do not think that the care at all how many Mac customers they loose. I don't think they realize that Mac is really moving up in the world and more and more people are switching over. If they do they don't care. If they cared about Mac customers at all Aspyr would still be making the Mac based games and this message board wouldn't even exist.

Naturally, they're going to focus more on their PC-based customers, however, you have to remember that they have, in the past, released Mac-only updates for this game and as such I reckon they'll probably be working on it. They'll probably take their time over it and we won't be getting a straight answer from anyone about when we're going to get it (probably around the time of Master Suite), but we will get it.

There's no point asking anyone at the Origin chat about it anyway - all they do is tell us to stop all processes (which would destroy our Macs) or lie about how there's going to be an update in two weeks (which I believe was 3-4 weeks ago now?). It's a joke, but at least we don't have to deal with Origin, which is a blessing - I've heard a LOT of bad things.
  • pink_ali101pink_ali101 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Is everyone still having issues with the pets/sims glitching yes? I downloaded the patch yesterday but it's the same! Has anyone found a fix yet?

Thanks
  • mariemillsmariemills Posts: 35
    edited November 2011
    Is everyone still having issues with the pets/sims glitching yes? I downloaded the patch yesterday but it's the same! Has anyone found a fix yet?

Thanks

Yes - there hasn't been a new patch that deals with this issue. We're still waiting on it.

(That said, I haven't actually played the game for nearly a week now because of these issues, but I doubt anything's magically changed in the last few days).
  • s_m_poole89s_m_poole89 Posts: 3
    edited November 2011
    I'm a new Mac user, but a long time Sim player. Thank you for all the information in this thread! I'm hoping EA will release a patch, but apparently I've been spoiled on a PC all these years.

• yakevinyakevin Posts: 39 Member
    edited November 2011
    I've posted some photos on EA and Sims 3 Facebook page... And what do they do?
    "Oh look someone is having problems and regretting about Mac graphic problems!! Let's erase his posts and photos"
    And yes... They erased my posts :evil:
  • haikudasaihaikudasai Posts: 24 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Very slow and laggy gameplay:

DeadX_XSim
    2010 13" MacBook Pro
    2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4Gb RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256Mb
    Snow Leopard 10.6.8
    - Base Game

Hello!

I basically have this same laptop. I did purchase it in early 2011 though but it reads the same.

I purchased The Sims 3 Deluxe (came with Ambitions) and it runs pretty darn good. Although there are some issues with a lag here and there. I mostly notice it if I was doing something on my computer prior to turning the game on. I just restart to play.

I downloaded that River.. something town that is free and noticed that now when the cities load its a bit slower. There are green/grey boxes where the lots are and eventually the lot is fine.

I have also noticed that sometimes the animation for my sim gets lagged. Like if they're going up the stairs they'll stand at the foot of the stair for a second and then start moving.

I'm ok with that, at least its a minor issue... I just wonder if anyone knows if Generations or Late Nite will run ok?

• caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited November 2011
    yakevin wrote:
    I've posted some photos on EA and Sims 3 Facebook page... And what do they do?
    "Oh look someone is having problems and regretting about Mac graphic problems!! Let's erase his posts and photos"
    And yes... They erased my posts :evil:

They have no shame. Having deleted/moved threads here, to the point where BluebellFlora gave up on Sims, they are also going to delete documentation of the problems from their facebook pages. Fortunately these issues are also documented elsewhere on the web, where EA do not have the ability to censor.
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
    edited November 2011
    I don't know if it's been mentioned earlier or if it works for all, but I've figured out a temporary work-around. If you put all your graphics to the lowest quality your Sims will look fairly normal until you zoom in too close. So as long as you keep your distance, it works okay.

This is not a permanent solution, but it makes the game playable until the patch if you can deal with bad graphics. But everyone, keep posting pictures on Ea's Facebook page!
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited November 2011
    iv been playing the sims for a very long time, and this whole thing has completely put me off buying any ea products, :|
    not just the graphics issue but also the fact that they dont give a crap about mac customers, and clearly show no support in this area of the forums.

if they can afford to work on a new expansion pack then they should be able to spare some time to work on the countless issues in the game, they should be obligated to work on these issues.

:| if they dont fix this, then im done with ea
  • ghallghall Posts: 22 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I posted a screenshot on the Sims 3 Facebook page and I got this response:
    Oh no! Unfortunately, many Mac users are having serious issues like this right now. Until EA and Apple can work together to solve the problem, there isn't really much anyone can do. Just hold tight and hope that Mac will cooperate quickly!

*sigh*
  • PeaceLoveSims2PeaceLoveSims2 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited November 2011
    ghall wrote:
    Oh no! Unfortunately, many Mac users are having serious issues like this right now. Until EA and Apple can work together to solve the problem, there isn't really much anyone can do. Just hold tight and hope that Mac will cooperate quickly!

*sigh*

Well, at least they finally replied to the issue.. maybe something will be out soon? Hopefully by the end of the month there'll be an official announcement?
  • SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    edited November 2011
    I noticed my game started to get weird around the time I installed the Create a Pet Demo.
    Would uninstalling that do anything?

Right now, I have no access to any of my Store Content ($$$$)
    I do not have any mods (that I'm aware of)

Model:
    27-inch, Mid 2010
    Model Identifier:
    ?
    CPU:
    2.8 GHz Intel Core i5
    RAM:
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR
    Graphics:
    ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB graphics
    Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

Now onto the game:

Base Game:
    Yes
    Patch: 1.27.5.013001
    World Adventures:
    Yes
    Patch: 2.0.86.002001
    High End Loft:
    Yes
    Patch: 3.0.38.004001
    Ambitions:
    Yes
    Patch: 4.0.87.006001
    Fast Lane:
    Yes
    Patch: 5.0.44.008001
    Late Night:
    Yes
    Patch: 6.4.5.010031
    Outdoor Living:
    No
    Patch:
    Generations:
    Yes
    Patch: 8.0.152.011001
    Town Life:
    Yes
    Patch: 9.0.73.012001

Problem
    The problems listed below existed BEFORE and AFTER I installed Lion:

Downloaded Store Content does not show up in game
    Hidden Springs is downloaded and playable, but not available to choose for a "New Game"
    World I created in CAW works on my PC, but not on my Mac
  • GoodGollyGoodGolly Posts: 20
    edited November 2011
    ghall wrote:

*sigh*

Well, at least they finally replied to the issue.. maybe something will be out soon? Hopefully by the end of the month there'll be an official announcement?

I read the comment, and it didn't seem like it was from some official Sims group (at least I think maybe it is), it was from a Facebook page named "Let's Make The Sims 3 Page A Positive Place to Be."
  • NaoCookieNaoCookie Posts: 10
    edited November 2011
    Well after exchanging a few emails with Leigh from transgaming, she told me something i guess is quite useful
    here it is:
    "Well I can tell you that the specific issue sounds like a known graphic card bug which EA is looking into.

I heard that a patch was to be released addressing a couple of bugs sometime December. Can't promise, but that sounds like that may solve your issue with the upcoming patches.

Hope that eases you somewhat!"

Well i hope laugh is right, i hope that this will be fixed in December :/