Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

side by side seemless lots

i have been trying to make my hood look seemless but even when you place lots side by side as close as you can there is is still the tiniest slither of land you can't build on and it's ruining the look for me! how do i make it so there is a seemless look from one lot to another?

Comments

• DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited November 2011
    Make one long lot and place building next to each other. There is no other way I am aware of.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited November 2011
    There's a tutorial on here somewhere about how to create the appearance of connecting fences between lots, but I couldn't find a link. Nothing about houses themselves though.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited November 2011
    Hi,

Even cities have alley ways. . . I don't think you can get any closer then 1 square.

• BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited November 2011
    Yes, there absolutely has to be at least one tile between lots. You can, however, do some really creative things with those areas like create narrow park-type areas or go over them with sidewalks (sidewalks are two tiles wide). You can also do as Docsprock has suggested by making a single building on a wide lot look like several.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited November 2011
    Rainywill5,

While it would be nice to have the ability to make adjacent lots, with walls up against the edge, its still possible to do things that make your town look like a big city. You don't even have to have any tall buildings. I'm making a city now, that definitely looks like a small city with a small downtown area, and when it is finished, it will definitely look like a big city, even through none of the buildings will be more than five stories tall. You don't have to have lots place right next to each other.
  • Rainywill5Rainywill5 Posts: 663 Member
    edited November 2011
    my only trouble is edit world is so very limited, there are no sidewalks to place only trees between lots really, i have tried using CAW and i just can't grasp it and i just don't understand how the heck to get started really
  • tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited November 2011
    Well, there IS a way...

Specifically you could make a wall/roof object which has been enabled for CAW and just place it between the two lots. The CAW object simply acts as a connector between the two lots.

Depending on what you are trying to make, you could simply make a shell building, place it on a lot and build your interior on the inside -- sort of like what EA did with its pyramids. This is probably how I would do it if I had the need for such a supersized lot.

As it is, I have been making some very very large objects, like Alcatraz:

Alcatraz+Screenshot+2.jpg

Yes, it's one very very big object. I just have not had any compelling need to put any sort of interior in it.

Now, I have not experimented with this. I've have a pretty full plate making a bunch of other objects -- like supertall skyscrapers.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited November 2011
    Do you really think someone who hasn't even been able to figure out CAW yet is going to be making objects like that?
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited November 2011
    BSIRegina wrote:
    Do you really think someone who hasn't even been able to figure out CAW yet is going to be making objects like that?

There's a difference between saying it can't be done, and saying that it might take some effort. If it's important enough, one will learn how to do it. If it's not that important, they won't.

It's just that some of the posters have been spreading misinformation by saying this is a problem which cannot be solved. That is utter bovine droppings.

Actually, since we are talking about three or four textured wall/roof sections, it would not be all that difficult. Everyone has to start somewhere.
  • Marie174Marie174 Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Alcatraz: Good Job! :mrgreen: :thumbup: :idea: