Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finally Pets has arrived - and even more good news!!

The postman has finally delivered my copy of Pets today. I think he must have bicycled all the way from England, lol, but hey, it's here now, so all is forgiven, Mr Postie!! :mrgreen:

And, as some of you know I have been worried about whether my pc will actually play the game, as I only have 2gb ram and it already struggles. :(

Well, today I am sat in waiting for a delivery - one which I knew nothing about until this morning! Hubby has ordered a new gaming PC - just so I can keep playing the Sims!!!! 6 core, 12gb ram!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

He ordered it last week and wasn't expecting it for a few weeks as it's a custom build, so didn't tell me. Only he got an email last night that it was on its way!! So he had to tell me to make sure I stay home for delivery!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I don't even mind that I spent lots of time earlier this week, transferring my game over to hubby's gaming laptop (he's a MMORPG-er, hence he has good specs!!) just so I could see the Pets game in action when he wasn't playing, because it means all my files are backed up and ready to go!!!

Yaaaaay!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Just waiting for Mr UPS man now to deliver it, and then hubby to set it all up tonight!!

*taps foot impatiently...*

Comments

• Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited October 2011
    That's great sweetie! :mrgreen: Best husband ever! Lol if it wasn't for my boyfriend I wouldn't even have Pets! *hugs* :mrgreen:
  • gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited October 2011
    Good for you
    Have fun with the new computer and Pets. :)

Nails foot to the floor. :shock:
    Hates tapping noises. 8) :lol::mrgreen: :evil: :twisted:
  • MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited October 2011
    I know, I'm a very lucky girl! He's a gamer too, so had total sympathy for my struggles with lag, freezing etc.

I was going to wait until the pc arrived before saying anything, in case I jinxed it, but with Pets arriving too today, I'm just too excited! It's like Christmas come early! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • DocusatDocusat Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited October 2011
    Oh wow! Sweetie that hubby of yours is a keeper :lol:. Hope you love pets and get many happy simming hours out of the new pc.
    12gb ram :shock: that thing's a beast. I am so jealous but very happy for you.
    edited October 2011
    I know, I'm a very lucky girl!

I was going to wait until the pc arrived before saying anything, in case I jinxed it, but with Pets arriving too today, I'm just too excited! It's like Christmas come early! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

:lol::lol::lol: I bet it is! Think I'm gonna have to build you something extra special for your new town :mrgreen:
    edited October 2011
    Rawr2019 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: I bet it is! Think I'm gonna have to build you something extra special for your new town :mrgreen:

Yay!!! *bounces up and down excitedly - had to stop tapping - it was waking gramps!!*
    edited October 2011
    Rawr2019 wrote:

Yay!!! *bounces up and down excitedly - had to stop tapping - it was waking gramps!!*

:lol::lol: you're so cute! Make you guys check out little brother's Wedding contest! He found himself a woman! *sniffle* they grow up so fast!
  • typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited October 2011
    That is so amazing :mrgreen: My game lags but i just scream at my computer to get it out ma system :mrgreen:
  • imogerimoger Posts: 5,787 Member
    edited October 2011
    Congratz on your Pets-copy and for the new PC! :)
    I wish a better PC for myself too :D
  • JanChirSimsJanChirSims Posts: 2,144 New Member
    edited October 2011
    :D Yayy such good news!
    My bf bought me a new pc as well (Will be here in another 3 days or so) and I will be getting my game today :D Yayy for you and me :D
    edited October 2011
    My bf bought me a new pc as well (Will be here in another 3 days or so) and I will be getting my game today :D Yayy for you and me :D

:shock: Where can I sign up for the awesome boyfriend/husbands at LOL jk my bf is awesome too. if he ever got me a computer I'd die LOL
  • JanChirSimsJanChirSims Posts: 2,144 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Rawr2019 wrote:

:shock: Where can I sign up for the awesome boyfriend/husbands at LOL jk my bf is awesome too. if he ever got me a computer I'd die LOL

*Hides bf* Noess I will not share him!

:P jk

Edit: :D haha I would love to see your reaction on your face if that happened! I knew I wasn't a pretty sight when he told me about it...
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2011
    congrats dear....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited October 2011
    Thanks everyone!! Yep, you should have seen my face when he told me - I think it was frozen in shock for several minutes!!

Once everything's up and running, and I've given Pets a quick playtest, I think I'll have to have a small celebratory lottery!! :D:D
  • ItzmeeItzmee Posts: 2,729 Member
    edited October 2011
    Woohoo! (Non-sim way) :mrgreen: Hope you enjoy Pets! It is probably the best EP yet. And congratulations on the new computer! It sounds really good! :mrgreen::mrgreen: Hehe :)
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited October 2011
    WOW! That's great!!! I bet you'll have a bunch of fun!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited October 2011
    :D Have fun!!!

I'm just glad that my launcher problem got fixed...
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited October 2011
    That is so great!! You have a wonderful hubby, that's so sweet of him to do for you :o) HAPPY SIMMING and enjoy your game and pc!!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited October 2011
    Congrats hon on getting pets. As far as the other, that LOVE I tell ya. :mrgreen: **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • piffloverpifflover Posts: 615 Member
    edited October 2011
    Congrats on your new pc and pets! That was so awesome of your husband ( does he have a brother ... LOL) JK! I myself got a new computer a few months back and I was shocked at how great the graphics were on my new computer! It changed my whole Simming experience for the better! :D
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yay! So happy for you!

I am trying to talk my hubby into a new PC. If they make a weather EP I may need one. lol
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• SharonjSharonj Posts: 5,246 Member
    edited October 2011
    Congratulations on getting pets and a new computer. You have a great hubby! :D
  • BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yay! Congrats hun! How sweet of him! What's this about a list...? Sign me up! lol :lol:

Have lots of fun with it! My comp is a little laggy as I have 3gb, but I <3 it :D
    edited October 2011
    Thanks again everyone. He does have two brothers, both very sweet, but both also very taken!! It's nearly 13 years since I snagged him, and nearly 11 years since we got married - I think he's for keeps!! :mrgreen:

Not going to tell him that you all think he's lovely though - it'll only go to his head!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

UPS man has been. :D Just waiting for hubby to get home from work. Will keep the little one entertained while he does all the computer magic, and hopefully I'll be trying it out later!
  • Mom2EliasMom2Elias Posts: 2,021
    edited October 2011
    Oh WOW! I wish my husband would do something like that for me! Sigh. Sadly, he thinks I play too much as it is...he isn't a gamer at all though...doesn't understand...sigh.

Congrats again!!!!