Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relationships

Is anyone else annoyed by the "romantic interest" love heart? Am I the only one who wants to see more to romantic relationships, in the way of Sims 2.

I miss the days of the pink crush heart and the red "in love" heart. I think relationships, especially romantic ones need to be more diverse. It's getting annoying to find Sims have romantic interests in others and have to go and ask to be just friends or risk being labled a cheater. I would much prefer it if there were two or three stages/statuses in romantic relationships.

Also, I miss "turn on's/turn off's" it would add another level to the game now we are able to see so much of the town and community. It could be funny to see a Sim husband told off for allowing his head to turn as a pretty young sim walks by. It would also be nice if there was an option to walk around holding hands or arm in arm. Not just with significant others, but with close friends/relatives, children and elders too.

Comments

• SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm fine with the heart. I do miss the ons and offs but I like the fact that you can really only have one romantic interest or else face negative consequences. In real life when you're in a "thing" with someone you're half exclusive half free. When you find out the other person has many other "things" you're going to get up in arms about it and feel cheated on. If you don't then you don't but most everyone I know and myself have never ever appreciated finding ourselves to be one of many "things".
  • karmatrashkarmatrash Posts: 48 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I really miss the slower romantic progression as well. Sure, people have "things" but those are usually much more serious. With crushes, they are more innocent, or mostly unspoken, so no one feels any jealousy if others are in the picture, such as having a crush on a close friend and not yet being able to disclose your feelings for whatever reason.

It's only after you've been spending time together and hanging out together more that more feelings develop. At that point, even if you aren't in a spoken relationship, it's implied, so others being introduced into the picture can bring about jealousy or other negative feelings.

I loved that Sims could go through this crush phase. It'd be nice to experience that again, where a Sim has a chance to have many potential crushes, and then get a chance to pick one for true, exclusive relationship romance. It's totally possible to go on a date with someone and hang out in an attempt to gauge whether or not you have any chemistry before taking it to the next level. It gets annoying that once a Sim does something as simple as flirting with another while in an outing, it immediately becomes a date!

And that's so true - Sims get labeled as cheaters so easily, even if someone else has some other "romantic interest" (but isn't in a relationship! What!?), or if you've been on various dates to find "the one" and finally find him/her. Why can't Sims date more casually before settling down, without it being such a big fuss in the neighbourhood?

On that note, the severity of a "romantic interest" holds the same weight as a marriage in the game. Usually, you can bounce back pretty fast from breaking it off with someone if you have a higher relationship, but it's pretty difficult to ask to just be friends with a romantic relationship without temporarily losing their friendship. It just seems a little extreme, especially if you've been on only one or two dates with the Sim, never woohoo'ed, etc. vs. divorcing a Sim you've been with for ages. I'd love to see some more diversity there.

And I totally agree about the turn-on/offs. Really helped Sims find potential mates, and made less work for us in matching them up :P
  • SUGACANE75SUGACANE75 Posts: 226 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I kinda miss how the Sims from Sims2 were when they were in love and how they got jealous and slapped each other around if one was flirting. I miss the simple interaction of the Sims actually falling in love with each other and how they couldn't get enough of each other if they had very good chemistry. I miss the lighting bolts to show how attractive each sim was to each other and if they didn't like the other Sim how they would walk by and make this ugh face with red Xs on her/him. That was so funny. I do miss the romance that Sims2 had there was enough romance that you really didn't have to do much except watch them interact with each other.

Sims3 romance is a joke lol. I mean really, its to much work to get them to like each other and when they do finally like each other its to much work to keep them inlove. LOL.

EA I really want my game back and I want my romance back to. I miss the classic dance and all the really sweet romantic interactions that Sims2 had when they fell in love. I really wish you go back and revisit Sims2 and create those interactions for Sims3 or make new ones that flow naturally (like Sims2 had). Either way try to find a way to make the gameplay with Sims3 more interesting again please......
  • VermatrixVermatrix Posts: 946 New Member
    edited October 2011
    SUGACANE75 wrote:
    I kinda miss how the Sims from Sims2 were when they were in love and how they got jealous and slapped each other around if one was flirting. I miss the simple interaction of the Sims actually falling in love with each other and how they couldn't get enough of each other if they had very good chemistry. I miss the lighting bolts to show how attractive each sim was to each other and if they didn't like the other Sim how they would walk by and make this ugh face with red Xs on her/him. That was so funny. I do miss the romance that Sims2 had there was enough romance that you really didn't have to do much except watch them interact with each other.

Sims3 romance is a joke lol. I mean really, its to much work to get them to like each other and when they do finally like each other its to much work to keep them inlove. LOL.

EA I really want my game back and I want my romance back to. I miss the classic dance and all the really sweet romantic interactions that Sims2 had when they fell in love. I really wish you go back and revisit Sims2 and create those interactions for Sims3 or make new ones that flow naturally (like Sims2 had). Either way try to find a way to make the gameplay with Sims3 more interesting again please......

lol this is gonna sound dumb but I miss the lil purple googly eyes heart in the sims memory list and the one on the lil stage with spot lights for doing a public woohoo
    edited October 2011
    SUGACANE75 wrote:

Yes! Agree with everything you wrote. Sims in 2 really seemed to love each other, especially when they had 3 lightening bolts of chemistry. They were disgustingly in love - I couldn't keep them away from one another! These couples always had full houses of kids, lol.

It seems like work to hook Sims up in 3. (On very rare occasions I'll get two that really like each other, but they're usually both hopeless romantics or family-oriented, so that's what's really driving their attraction, not one another.) And it's really depressing when one wants the other so badly, but the other NEVER has any wants even remotely related to the other, especially if they're married. It just makes it impossible to help the Sims find any "true" love or romance, and it comes down to just hooking them up for the sake of populating the neighborhood, really.

Slow dancing! An open restaurant where they can dine together, and propose marriage at the table, and snuggle in the booth! Other open hang-outs to take dates, like bowling or a shopping mall. Some chemistry so they can actually be attracted to one another, not just settling for the sake of procreation.
    Vermatrix wrote:
    lol this is gonna sound dumb but I miss the lil purple googly eyes heart in the sims memory list and the one on the lil stage with spot lights for doing a public woohoo

I miss Sims 2 style memories! Sims 3 memories are like a big virus spamming your game :[
  • SUGACANE75SUGACANE75 Posts: 226 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I really don't even like woohooing in Sims3 unless they have kids and even then its to much work lol. I really don't even woohoo other then that but the Sims in Sims2 was just so sweet and adorable to watch. AAAAWWWWWWEEEE how I miss those days. And the way they were with their kids was so sweet to. The whole relationship with family and marriage was fun to create and watch and it was effortless.

Sims3 is so frustrating and boring at times that its really not even worth it unless you want to explore the whole town all day or produces the town.

And the rabnitholes are pointless because if you really wanted to create a true love story you can't because the rabbitholes takes the enjoyment away of watching them propose and even fall in love with each other.

I miss all the romantic interactions from Sims2 and what lead up to them falling in love it was exciting and fun to watch your favorite Sims go goofy for each other. lol!!!

O.o and remember when the Sims from Sims2 woke up in the morning before they start their day how they would hold each other in the bed that was soooo sweet.
  • TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited October 2011
    There was a topic a few months back that was pretty popular and asking for signatures for more romantic interactions and stuff like this. Your best bet is to sign their petition and get talking there too :mrgreen:
  • Poodlestyle33Poodlestyle33 Posts: 726 New Member
    edited October 2011
    ^ Yeah? I need to find that!

I miss all these things too! Especially crushes and turn ons/offs. *sigh* :cry:

@Vermatrix I miss the purple heart too! :lol:
    edited October 2011
    SUGACANE75 wrote:
    I really don't even like woohooing in Sims3 unless they have kids and even then its to much work lol. I really don't even woohoo other then that but the Sims in Sims2 was just so sweet and adorable to watch. AAAAWWWWWWEEEE how I miss those days. And the way they were with their kids was so sweet to. The whole relationship with family and marriage was fun to create and watch and it was effortless.

Sims3 is so frustrating and boring at times that its really not even worth it unless you want to explore the whole town all day or produces the town.

And the rabnitholes are pointless because if you really wanted to create a true love story you can't because the rabbitholes takes the enjoyment away of watching them propose and even fall in love with each other.

I miss all the romantic interactions from Sims2 and what lead up to them falling in love it was exciting and fun to watch your favorite Sims go goofy for each other. lol!!!

O.o and remember when the Sims from Sims2 woke up in the morning before they start their day how they would hold each other in the bed that was soooo sweet.

You're so making me want to play Sims 2, now! My PC is down while I wait on a new power supply to arrive in the mail, so I only have Sims 3 base game on my Mac. Grrr :[

Oh, seriously! Sims in 2 were just more personable and life-like, weren't they? They spent time with their children (I guess you had to, considering there wasn't an open neighborhood!) but it seems like work to get Sims to interact with their families in 3. It's so bad that they had to introduce a frickin' expansion pack to encourage family time - kind of sad.

Aw! I forgot about cuddling in bed before waking up. That was really cute! :3 I really wish they'd bring some of this back to our game! I mean, I realize Sims lives are much more complicated now that they have an open neighborhood. They have to get up and get to work, they have opportunities to complete, skills and relationships and tasks to complete for their full-time jobs, and have to raise a family on top of that. The thrill goes so easily now. But there has to be a way to bring back more intense romance and relationships and more fluid interactions so everyone doesn't seem so mechanical... :?
    Vermatrix wrote:

Haha, yeah, that little hubba-hubba looking heart was hilarious. And why can't Sims woohoo in cars anymore? We can woohoo in showers, public buildings, the kids' tree house for crying out loud, but not cars???