Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speed it up!

Is it me, or does everyone else find that the third speed setting is REALLY slow. I love this game, but it takes forever for them to sleep and work, because it seems that the third setting is like the second setting from sims2. I noticed they've slowed the normal speed down, probably because you can do so much more and need a little longer, but the sleep setting still needs to be fast.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• TexasLonghornsTexasLonghorns Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I know tell me about it. It wastes so much time of you sitting there watching them sleep and work.
  • sylviaclauwsylviaclauw Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It is the same with me, everything is new, but the game is slow, when they sleep and work, with the game Sims2 and all the extra versions (nightlive , students etc.) than goes it faster than the sims 3. Can someone tells me if it is normal. :roll:
  • TysaelixTysaelix Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah! It's ridiculously S-L-O-W!!! They should really fix it soon.. Pretty boring watching them sleep and wait for the time to pass.......
  • IokthemonkeyIokthemonkey Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The problem may be with your machine.

If you advance time in busier areas, the clock runs slower, as it tries to draw/process everything that's going on and - if it's a lot - it struggles sometimes. For example, if it has to draw 10 Sims at once, it takes it longer to do. Not only that but because you're advancing time, it has to "speed up" what's going on with all 10 and, as a result, it actually slows it down.

I've noticed in some lots, time can be accelerated MUCH faster, due to being more remote. Try turning down your graphics options or even moving your camera to focus on an unpopulated area.
  • emababe7emababe7 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There is also a speed 4 on sims3 but as everyone else said it runs slow still when outside the house as its trying to process everything x