Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

At least ONE SKILL PER PET is broken? Is EA aware?

2...Next

Comments

• mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I had the same bug, like a few of the above posters stated I installed Overwatch and it fixed this bug for me. Now my pets skills work as they should.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yep, it is the spell book, and as I just discovered, The fountain of youth from Hidden Springs is the cause of much of the lag, freezing and, freeze-crash problem. Uninstall them and, if it fixes your game, contact support and let them know as well as posting here about the problems.

NOTE: You can remove the fountain of youth and keep Hidden Springs.
    I never got the fountain of youth to even work. Teens can use it right and it suppose to let them live an extra day in that age group?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited October 2011
    The game's only been out for a week in the US and some people are already like "ZOMG WHERE IS THE PATCH!!??"
    The price also dropped by 20% according to Amazon's listing of the digital version, too.

I guess it costs EA $8 to make a DVD, package, insert, etc. :mrgreen:
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited October 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    My cats and dogs can hunt just fine.

Of course both Overwatch and Awesomemod fix these skill-based issues, so EA needs to get around to patching it for those with mod-free games. I don't understand how stuff like this that's blatantly obvious gets through their testing. Bleh.

Overwatch does not fix it.

Well at least it doesn't for me. I have to give my pets the skills with master controller because otherwise they dont learn them. the skill bar shows up but wont advance.
  • heb2008heb2008 Posts: 178 Member
    edited October 2011
    Wow, Aileri, I didn't mean for you to be offended! I wasn't talking to anybody in specific; not even the people who are posting in this thread! I said that "SOME" people are whining, etc (I'm sorry if it wasn't clear enough that I meant not in this specific thread). Have you seen the posts where people are like "I'm not playing Sims anymore" and then they explain because of one glitch, the game is 'awful' and they're going to stop playing? Sure, there are some people (maybe like you, for instance) who state their problem once, without complaining, under a glitch topic that's already been posted and don't whine, scream, complain, cry, etc. until EA fixes it. All I was saying was that people could be a little less demanding and rude when trying to solve their problems.

I'm not being selfish in anyway, whatsoever. I'm sure others would agree that it gets quite annoying to see posts everyday (new topics, NOT NECESSARILY IN THIS THREAD) saying "I HATE THIS GAME. STUPID GLITCH. EA IS AWFUL." because really, it happens everyday.

I'm truly sorry for everybody's problems, really I am! I have lagging and fur problems myself! But I know that EA will eventually fix it and I don't blame the actual game for it (I'm not saying that it's you or any other simmer on this thread who are those people). I'm sorry you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited October 2011
    I use AwesomeMod and Overwatch and Master Controller.. Without these I have the skill issues too. Eagerly awaiting the next patch...and by eagerly I mean hopeful that it won't break anything further.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • AileriAileri Posts: 9 New Member
    edited October 2011
    @heb2008 I'm glad that you didn't mean to offend us - but I have to point out, that even though you started with saying "some people", you continue while saying "you", thus I assumed you actually meant us. Add to that that you aren't the only one (with a working game) in this thread who has told us to stop whining about our games not working properly, I guess I got a little annoyed. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • heb2008heb2008 Posts: 178 Member
    edited October 2011
    @Aileri

Yes, I'm sorry; reading it again, I can see how it would be taken in the wrong way. I understand about you getting annoyed with people constantly telling you to stop complaining, I know I would too. I'm glad everything's worked out now :)
  • KellerGarosonKellerGaroson Posts: 7
    edited May 2012
    Right, ive read all through this post and im not really understanding what the hell you guys are talking about. And no one has really come up with the solution.

I havent got cats but my dogs hunt fine, the problem i have is the progression bar is coming up on my horse for Racing but not advancing past lvl 5.5.

Now i dont know what CC stands for or where to find them. As for Mods im pretty sure i havent gone and downloaded anything or where to get them from (so i dont know if i might have downloaded any without my knowledge) I wasnt even aware three were mods to download.

All i have is Sims 3 Pets, no other EP's.

So my question is, how do you fix it? is it a case of waiting for EA to do a patch or is it a case i have to download something from somewhere, and where the hell i put it?

This isnt the first problem ive had, ive already reinstalled this game due to a fault where a dog got stuck in a mountain somewhere and i couldnt reset the sim. When i tried to change active household etc, it no longer would load up the screen for putting the original active household in play.