Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About graphics cards-EVERYONE please read!

Comments

• Options
    ClownishClownish Posts: 27
    edited October 2011
    nvidia geforce 8400gs

crashes in seconds of gameplay..... I want to play pets but how?
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have an Nvidia Geforce 9800+ gts 1gb and I can run the game smoothly with max settings.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    balletgirlballetgirl Posts: 477 New Member
    edited October 2011
    reserved for graphics cards without pets related issues
      Intel (R) HD Graphics (Core 13)

When you say Core 13, do you mean Core i3? Or is there actually a Core 13?
    I have an Intel (R) HD Graphics (Core i3) card, and I'm debating whether or not to purchase pets, so I want to make sure that my laptop will run it smoothly- it has with all of the past games.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    x0holly0xx0holly0x Posts: 412 New Member
    edited October 2011
    My ATI Radeon 4850 has the blocky pets/no fluff issue. Other than that, plays perfectly.
  • Options
    bellgirlvnbellgirlvn Posts: 448 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I don't see mine on either list so I'll post this if it helps at all...my pets look fine, furry as well. I'll look closely when I play again but I can't see that white outline around their fur:
    Screenshot-326.jpg
    I had some issues (couldn't edit sim names, couldn't enter lots)until I got rid of a few mods (in particular, the mod allowing non-default skintones) but now it seems to be working well. It has never crashed.

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS, 2GB ram, 64 X 2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2011
    balletgirl wrote:
    reserved for graphics cards without pets related issues
      Intel (R) HD Graphics (Core 13)

When you say Core 13, do you mean Core i3? Or is there actually a Core 13?
    I have an Intel (R) HD Graphics (Core i3) card, and I'm debating whether or not to purchase pets, so I want to make sure that my laptop will run it smoothly- it has with all of the past games.
    Thanks!

It is core I3.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    edited October 2011
    My card is an Intel 3100 and doesn't work, the only thing that can't render properly is the horses, dogs and cats. Everything else is completely fine! I'd most definitely LOVE to have the no fur issue instead of the distorted pets problem :/
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
  • Options
    chama123chama123 Posts: 1,761 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I dont have the game yet but I should be getting it tonight. I have the NVIDIA GeForce GT 520. Ima get back to you tonight after I get the EP. :)

It better work D: xD :P

• Options
    Save_rulesSave_rules Posts: 5
    edited October 2011
    Hey everyone I have ATI Radeon® X1200 and I have really distored animals. I've read tht some people updated there grafics card how do you do this? How much does it cost? and will it work?
    Any answers will be much appreciated.
    Many thanks :oops:
  • Options
    purefoysgirlpurefoysgirl Posts: 131 Member
    edited October 2011
    I didn't see this on the list, but I have Nvidia GeoForce GT220, with the vsync forced on, and I have no problems at all with it.
  • Options
    HanliHanli Posts: 307
    edited October 2011
    I have the Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family and my pets are deformed
  • Options
    therealverntherealvern Posts: 7
    edited October 2011
    Hanli wrote:
    I have the Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family and my pets are deformed

You could try updating your drivers? I have the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family and was also seeing deformed pets. Someone suggested updating the drivers and it worked for me.
    To update drivers on vista:

Start menu>control panel>device manager>display adaptor>double click mobile intel (r) 965 express chipset family

Then click driver tab at top. Click update drivers. Have computer find them automatically. Restart computer. Try the game.
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    edited October 2011
    What about Nvidia Geforce 8400?
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Hanli wrote:

You could try updating your drivers? I have the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family and was also seeing deformed pets. Someone suggested updating the drivers and it worked for me.
    To update drivers on vista:

Start menu>control panel>device manager>display adaptor>double click mobile intel (r) 965 express chipset family

Then click driver tab at top. Click update drivers. Have computer find them automatically. Restart computer. Try the game.

I have Microsoft Windows XP Professional. Not Vista?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Bump ^
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited October 2011
    NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS

Pets would crash almost immediately after I load a lot. DEP wasn't the problem, I had to disable advanced rendering. Which makes all the terrain paint look like a big blurry blob. :( But the game no longer crashes. Also if I redo the terrain paint on the lots, it looks fine, but within the world there is not much I can do about that...

All settings are maxed out to the highest, the game runs smooth as silk, and everything except for the terrain paint looks perfect. I guess its time for a new graphic card. Not liking the blurry, blobby terrain paint. o.O

graphicissue.jpg

EDIT
    I updated my graphic drivers and can now play with advanced rendering turned on. The game is choppy now though, not as smooth running as it was. So for me it is a compromise/choice of what I am willing to live with for now.

I would like to know a good graphic card to get that can run with all settings on high, advanced rendering on, and runs smoothly with no lag.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited October 2011
    I would like to amend my post. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB card with updated drivers, and I originally posted that I had no issues. Well, I didn't know how good dogs and cats were supposed to look, since I didn't try the CAP download. I thought they were just horribly ugly, with no furry look. Other posts and pictures showed me that I have the "no fluff" issue, so please change my status to YES I'M HAVING PROBLEMS! Thanks.
  • Options
    ultimatesimalexultimatesimalex Posts: 6
    edited October 2011
    I have Windows Vista with a
    Intel(R)965 Express Chipset Family and my pets are deformed.
  • Options
    Horse614Horse614 Posts: 20
    edited October 2011
    I have Windows Vista with a
    Intel(R)965 Express Chipset Family and my pets are deformed.

Have you tried updating your drivers? Also, there are a couple different Intel 965 chipsets. Do you specifically have the "Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset"? Updating drivers seems to work for this one.

Hanli: Sorry i have no idea how to do it in XP. You could try to do a search for the graphics card though and see if the option comes up. Otherwise you should be able to download the newest drivers from Intel's website. However, the 945 is really old, I'm not sure that would help you but it's worth a try I suppose. (even older than the 965, which isn't new or recent either)

Good Luck!
  • Options
    LizzysLizzys Posts: 79 Member
    edited October 2011
    I see NVIDIA GeForce 9600M on the list - I have an NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT with no issues, as well.
  • Options
    SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    edited October 2011
    Horse614 wrote:
    Have you tried updating your drivers? Also, there are a couple different Intel 965 chipsets. Do you specifically have the "Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset"? Updating drivers seems to work for this one.

I have Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset, and it does't work. Ive tried updating the driver but it always says its up to date. :p
  • Options
    Horse614Horse614 Posts: 20
    edited October 2011
    Sarahkay wrote:
    Horse614 wrote:

I have Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset, and it does't work. Ive tried updating the driver but it always says its up to date. :p

What's the date on your drivers? You could try manually uninstalling and reinstalling as well.

Did you happen to have the demo by chance? Did that work? Reason I'm asking is that I have the demo only and updating my drivers helped with that...no more distorted pets, and I'd like to know how it'll run in game.

Edit: I bought the game. No distorted pets but not great graphics either (not complaining, it's to be expected I guess). Got the no fluff thing (adv. rendering has no effect in my case) and horses have blocky manes when zoomed out. That's all though. I think the mobile intel 965 can be fixed. Try checking intel's website for new drivers as well. I actually found another after reading this that my computer hadn't found automatically.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited October 2011
    Currently I have a Nvidia GeForce 210.

It has no graphical problems with Pets, so please add that to your list. :)
  • Options
    Isis1975Isis1975 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited October 2011
    So I had posted a few pages back that my pets were 'deformed' - they had buggy eyes and they weren't showing up correctly in game or in CAP. My horses were fine, just not the dogs and cats. I found out that I have a graphics card that isn't compatible (NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430) with the game. *headdesk*

I'm reading around the forums about the pets with no fluff, and someone had posted a quick fix: Turning all your settings to low, and turning on the advanced rendering. I also left the 'smooth animation' box ticked as well. Now my pets are (semi) normal, in game and in CAP. I played with these setting for a while, enjoying the non-lag and no pause, but having no details and such was driving me nuts. What's a graphics-heavy game without the pretty graphics?! So I saved my game, and exited, then entered and turned up the options, keeping the advanced rendering box ticked. I restarted my game again and went into the family that I had made with the low settings, and the pets stayed normal, no weirdness, and I could see a bit of fluff. However, the animations were slow and laggy, etc. I saved my game and made a new family and everything was still good.

I guess my question is, if I have a graphics card that is unsupported, why, after turning on the advanced rendering, do my pets look normal now? I'm not complaining, I'm just a tad confused.

I do plan on getting a new graphics card; I'm sure that running on some medium and high settings is going to stretch the limits of an "unsupported" graphics card.

I also hope this helps any fellow simmers. I'm sorry if it's long-winded. :oops:
  • Options
    Leah_of_FarAwayLeah_of_FarAway Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi

I have the Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset. Initially I experienced issues with distorted pets, BUT I went and updated my drivers. I had to download the update and not just let my laptop search for it.
    Check out this link and download the latest update for this type of graphic card. My pets look fine now :)

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics