Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ The Worlds of Rflong7 ♥ =D

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thank you all so much. I'm feeling better about getting the world done. Big~:hugz:

Off to try and build more messed up houses. :mrgreen:
  • bevsobevso Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    This might sound ********, but the map longview II, can i still play it even though i dont have world adventures or generations installed? i own world adventures but the game takes forever to load :O.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2011
    All good news tonight - I played over 5 hours in the Haunted world - and not any problems at all. By the way Rflong, it may come in handy knowing where those small critter spawners are if you do get Pets ep, because other than the first ones I saw when I added my sim a small pond, I have not seen any more of them materialize - but apparently my sim has as he is getting friendships with a bird, a snake, and a lizard I have never seen - what's more I have never left him to his own thing and I'll be darned if I ever saw him making friends with anything but stray kitties and puppies.

Oh and I did have to save a small white puppy from your graveyard as the stupid owner had brought him to the grave yard and up the steps, mourned over some graves and then left - leaving the pup behind - the poor thing was hungry and tired according to his thought bubbles, and apparently wanted his mom and sibbling as he pictured these things over and over. He cried at the steps but my sim could not help him down because he did not know him well enough. I was afraid he would die from starvation so I tried the reset Sim command using Tiny white Zoey (it was the name that came up when I placed my cursa over him and sure enough it disappeared. Then I went into edit town and checked the house and it showed both pups, the mom, and the owner of the 3 dogs. I sure wish we could give sims a piece of our mind. Made me furious that sim left him there. Pups should pop home like babies do if parents/owners leave them when they can't climb stairs yet.

But of course that wasn't anything you could have foreseen with that not having pets. When I go back in I am going to see if I can toss in a gate along the side of the cemetary as there is no steps there, as that joker showed back there with the pup the next day too, just as I was quitting.

On a good note i loaded my first of my saved worlds and games back in the game and played about a half hour - and it works perfectly. It's your Longview II with the populated CAW Lane Sims. It was a little hesitant as it was loading, but I went into Pete and Reggies house and played them about 20 minutes and within about 5 minutes the hesitation stopped. Also the game popped up with wanting me to add some of the Pets lots, so that might have been the cause of the hesitation as it took it a few minutes to pop up. I am tired so I did NOT put those in there yet, but I will after I get back to the game after a bit of sleep.

But if that world worked as big as it is and as much as I have played it - then I don't foresee any more repeats of those houses of mine. I have a theory about them I have not tested yet - where tangie has no problem with them in WW. As soon as I know more I will share - but it does look like what ever caused that did not bork LVII and CAW Lane sims. Yay, still my fav world and why I tried it first.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited October 2011
    Well I had some sleep and I'm back. Boy was i tired i had to edit the above post all over the place.

Just thought I would give you a heads up on my theory about my Christmas houses - I hope to test this later today - but my theory is i had not redownloaded those houses from my studio like I thought I had, but had instead went to my other harddrive where i store all my back ups when they were originally made - which were the ones I originally linked to you when I uploaded them from my studio. The ones on my other harddrive is also among all the content I had saved from yet another harddrive originally on my machine before we built this machine. So technically those saved files have never been on this pc. When i used those house in games since WW in other worlds I had never copied those files to this actual pc or C drive, I always just redownloaded them into my launcher from my studio when i was downloading all the sims I have there. But when i went to add some of my sims and houses to try out with Pets I could not get into my studio the night after Pets came out - i kept getting Liam, so instead I went to my original back up files on that harddrive from my other machine.

I suspect that some how the houses in my studio have some kind of updates as I was comparing the dates i get on the houses in my studio and the ones on that harddrive and they are vastly different. Another note is I do not know if their also may have been a conflict because when I mad them I was using Windows XP on a 32 bit system - this pc uses 64 bit Windows 7. It is highly possible all that lag and craziness from the versions i put into my game was just Windows reconfiguring those original files and trying to find matches to that content in 32 bit when on my pc the matching content would naturally be under 64 bit Windows 7, so it took it a while to trace and make the links. It may have straightened up had I left it alone on it's own, but instead I romoved that content in the houses. The rest of their content was from the eps outside of one stove from the providence set and the game had no problem with that.

Like i said this is just a theory. I am thinking of removing the fixed versions I have in my game right now and redownloading those houses from my studio and see if i get the same outcome as those have a newer date than the ones from my harddrive. They shouldn't but they do so perhaps EA does update things on the exchange occassionally.

But like I said above I Installed LVII the populated version with the CAW Lane sims and my save game which was at most a month old - i continue to play that even though everyone else moved on) and it did seem unstable to start with, but i also had a tight rein on my fps with the limiter - so I moved the limiters ability from 30 fps to 60 fps among a few other things and it came right out of the slight hang. Pets have a much higher impact on Video cards along with all the new coding and I am almost positive it was a Windows 7 thing handling the code rewriting to update this world. I plan on playing it tonight.

One question - did you state that we can have BOTH LVII versions in our game or not? As I also would like to try the non populated version and see if it does not start rolling in Critters without the game having to handle the massive population my CAW lane version has. As mine has tons of kids and such. Just wondering anyway, as i would really like to have one version with all us and another i can make more Pets oriented with other sims. Thanks for reading.

ETA - sorry for writing so much, just trying to explain - i won't bother you any more on this and I say the Haunted world is perfect - so just shout out when you have anything more you want me to test on it or if you update the testing thread. I will gladly check it out. It is a wonderful world for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited October 2011
    Hey- I don't mind all the writing. It's information and it help a lot. :)

I don't plan on getting Pets until Santa brings it to me- ;) so I'm not sure if I will or won't update my game. It depends if CAW gives more stuff like Generations did. :lol:

Okay... I'm still building. I have 5.5 more lots to build... maybe 6.5 depending on my ideas. :lol:

And I haven't even put in any tombs. I really wanted a few tombs and mazes but it doesn't look like it gonna happen.

Thanks so much for all the tesing, WR.~ and everyone. I'm gonna start a new topic for this world soon... :mrgreen:
  • N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited October 2011
    *gives cookie then goes back to not studying for test*

School is crazy >.< I will check out some of your new worlds in a second :D
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited October 2011
    Rflong if you want to concentrate on building tombs, just tell me what regular lots you have yet to finish, and I'll do them for you if you want.
    Not busy today, and can't leave home, as I'm waiting for hubs' new toy ( his new 50 million gadget bbq ) to be delivered.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member
    edited October 2011
    Sure- I need a community center with a subway on the lot... Fits on the 30x25 lot here~

**Set up for a Community Halloween Party with the buffet table and decorations- some hay bales stuff...
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

I put your houses in what is now the Old Town... :)
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=325"screenshot_original.jpg"width=325"

• onbfiveonbfive Posts: 52
    edited October 2011
    Rflong, on the world side off that last house you pictured, sidewalk terrain paint missing right rear. :oops:
    Sims wanted to go swimming in the Cement Pond aka pool :lol: , let them roam freely for a while & found the rascally raccoon dumping trash cans, watched for a while got pic, wild horses must have wanted fish for dinner.
    Other than that, quite wonderful for Halloween. KEEP UP the GOOD WORK !!!!!
  • CHARLIEXVXCHARLIEXVX Posts: 49 New Member
    edited October 2011
    i loved twikki island and downloaded it, however when i went to play it putting my sims in a small cheap house, cus they dont have any cash yet, it wouldnt load and froze :( i was so upset :( i have all the games and stuff packs and pets also and have patched my game and i just dont know why it froze..i sure would like to play it. i read something you had said that if i didnt have the store stuff, which i have riverview and barnacle bay, and some furniture, the game would use the ea stuff that came with the game for that stuff, was thinking it was changing from your store stuff to regular stuff but i let it run for an hour and a half before i decided it really did freeze the game:( is there a link somewhere for the version for pets or that includes the patched pet game so i can have fun on the beach with it? thank you!
    edited October 2011
    Hi, CHARLIEXVX

I am so sorry~ I have no idea why it won't play for you. I don't have Pets or the Update for it to test it for you. . . But I did download it and play it just a few minutes ago, it worked.

I hope you get it working. :)

edited October 2011
    Morning Rflong7, CharlieXVX is correct, sorry for bad news. :cry:
    ReDl'ed Twikki 2 am Friday so this is first try, went vanilla for this w/ newly created Sim and one pet. After purchasing lot,game needed to be forced out.Restarted game and all is well now, must not like first time trial w/ pets.
    @CharlieXVX, this was first time playing? Please try one more time,you made need to bring sims in thru edit town.

Will try other worlds,didn't have a problem w/ Haunted, so that is a plus. :)

It's not just your worlds,tried Coasterboi's Los Aniegos LN and ehaught58's Fort Sim off of thumb drive,and same problem occurred. :)
    Hopefully that is helpful Rflong.

editted from bad spelling and testing other.
    edited October 2011
    Well that's depressing. :(
    edited October 2011
    I was afraid of that because of the coding changes and worlds using any store content after my experience with downloading my own darn houses with free holiday stuff. It may be just a matter of the game applying the new coding as EA "MUST" have injected the ability with so many maps and creations made before the new coding. That's one of the reasons though I tried to do a heads up with my own experience. In my case it was not the houses themselves or any of the ep/sp content, it was the free store content that was already in the houses. It also is possible it was conflicting in just my own game seeing I discovered my ingame content was updated, but of course the stuff in those houses was not. I would be curious if all the world will update though by themselves if we all start up the world, let it run a few minutes, then quit. Then restart all anew and start it up again. If it does, it may not affect the creators.

I honestly did not do that with my houses, I just added them to my game from my back up drive folders and installed them in a town. Naturally it was conflict heaven - so my first inkling was to remove that store content as I was aware EA had updated the whole store this go - round. Removing the content fixed the houses, and then I resaved them to my library, deleting the decorated versions. They have been fine since. Sure it is nothing compared to a whole world, but still it does tell me the ep and sp stuff has to be self updating, as I had no problems with 8 rooms of furniture from the eps and sps so far.

The only thing though that puts a question in my head is the fact Tangie said she started up and played Winter Wonderland which has the same version of those houses in it that I tried and had problems with. Tangie posted here some where she had no problem at all. Which totally blew my mind and has been making me crazy trying to figure this out.

This is maddening for me - I cannot imagine what it must be doing to you Rflong. I just know I have not tried a single one of my pre-pets games or saves - in fact they are still on my desktop. I do have some of the worlds back in the game, but none of my saves - but i honestly have not tried any of them yet.

This is definitely a head scratching moment, but perhaps we can all try our worlds, quit and retry to make sure. If EA did it right where I am fully updated and the update is self applying, then technically that should fix all the worlds themselves. I highly doubt though it will fix saves as saves are seen by the game engine a lot more different than worlds are as far as I can see. But then who knows - right?

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited October 2011
    WR- you updated (redownloaded) all the free Store stuff? Can you try Twikkii Island and see what it does- a new download?
    I had no problems because I'm not updated. And I rather not- all my stuff is fine and I don't want Pets yet.
    It's up to you, no big deal really. I can update, redownload all the store stuff and then try to update the world in CAW... if it works or doesn't work.

I don't know... it's almost not worth it. :lol:
    edited October 2011
    :shock: Rflong7, don't think you need to go to that extreme. :?:
    They just needed a kick start,all worlds fine now.Tried other worlds w/ mods in and still had problem.
    Dads laptop all fresh from Friday.When nothing would launch,I un/re installed everything thinking I borked it again.When playing turned off wireless,so I couldn't see how origin having problems was effecting game,don't use to launch.
    edited October 2011
    Sure. I'll go redownload it right now and try.

Yep, I redownloaded every last bit of my store stuff from the store so I know it's all updated.

Okay going to go redownload now. I do have it in my desktop folder so I can try it from there as well, after i try a new one if you like.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited October 2011
    If it's happening in other worlds and not just this one then it more than likely isn't an issue that you can fix Rflong, so I wouldn't fret about it.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited October 2011
    Hey, A brand new download with a new sim and new house I just built for testingyour haunted world worked fine. I sent the sim to have a cooking class and it was fine. Then I sent him over to the island side to the hotel and still fine.

The only thing I noticed when I first added him amd his lot to the town side, is his plants and trees were missing from his lot which are from the new Pets stuff. When he was learning cooking I switch back to the house and it had loaded the new trees and plants. So all fresh downloads with all updated store content work with no problem. I do have 2 updated mods - the Overwatch and the errortrap - that is all and both are updated. I do not have any CC in here at all, not even my default skins or recolored roofs (which is the only CC I had anyway) - which I have not tried them since installing Pets so that works fine. You need not do anything if people are freshly downloading and their games, store content, and mods are all updated - it is definitely them, not your world.

So if you want I can try my former copy after I uninstall this one. But this is fine. Don't guarantee if people use old houses and sims though or their store stuff hasn't been updated. Honestly it looks even more beautiful too - I definitely believe EA did something to enhance the lighting as it blows your socks off.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited October 2011
    I wish I knew if the other poster has town life as it is not listed on her page and Twiki has a lot of townlife rabbitholes. That could be why she had problems with it.

ETA _Rest of my report is in your comments as i could not get on the forums when I tried to report on the other copy I had. Hope that helps.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• CHARLIEXVXCHARLIEXVX Posts: 49 New Member
    edited October 2011
    im going to try and redownload it it is a must have world :) will keep you informed! thanks for the beautiful worlds
    edited October 2011
    Charlie - Do you have the Town Life Stuff pack as I notice it's not on your simspage. This island has Town life rabbitholes, so if it still does not work and you do not have that stuff pack that is why I'll pretty much guarantee.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks, everyone. I do hope it works. It shouldn't need TL~I did check that by uninstalling it to see if it will load okay. Which it did. Not as pretty and more world for the player. :)

And I think finishing Haunted Valley was the better choice then any of the Pumpkin worlds I was thinking about building. :lol:

• ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited October 2011
    All I can say is

ROFL

You come out with the craziest ideas, but you execute them so well. :lol::lol:
    edited October 2011
    Well that made my day!! LOL all over the place and scaring the bejesus out of my kitties.

Pumpkin Mountain - Yay

Belongs in the same ocean with the cake worlds. Too bad we can't combine them. hehehe

In dreams - I LIVE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top