Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics issues (in create a sim) after update, *includes pics* HELP ?

2...Next

Comments

• drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited October 2011
    im not the only one with this weird problem then :o!

theres no problem with my graphics card what so ever, as i have proved with my other screen shots, this has ONLY happened since the update, zooming out doesn't help at all, but i have noticed occasionally when they run and im on fast forward for a couple of seconds they appear normal.

i dont have pets installed, only base game, i really hope this gets fixed soon. iv been playing sims for years. ever since sims 1. and this completely puts me off the game, how am i supposed to play it like this ?!

yey 2000 messages!
  • Chellee18Chellee18 Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    I am having the EXACT same issue. I actually came to this forum just now hoping to find answers. I find it incredibly aggravating to play my game with these craptastic graphics, and I don't appreciate spending the amount of money I have on all these games for all these years only to see that the much anticipated Pets expansion can't even be viewed properly. I have a Macbook Pro, the latest version as I just got it a few months ago, and there is definitely nothing wrong with my graphics or computer. At all. Obviously that's not the issue. An update to fix this would be nice.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2011
    drowssap wrote:
    im not the only one with this weird problem then :o!

theres no problem with my graphics card what so ever, as i have proved with my other screen shots, this has ONLY happened since the update, zooming out doesn't help at all, but i have noticed occasionally when they run and im on fast forward for a couple of seconds they appear normal.

i dont have pets installed, only base game, i really hope this gets fixed soon. iv been playing sims for years. ever since sims 1. and this completely puts me off the game, how am i supposed to play it like this ?!

yey 2000 messages!

As posted already your card is not even supported and a game may work on a product that is not supported but after awhile you may see more glitches, artifacts and problems. You were just lucky that it worked but it is no guaranteed to will work always. If EA can fix it than you might be lucky and more than likely EA will come back and tell you that your card is not supported being intergrated cards are worthless when it comes to playing graphic intensive games.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2011
    Chellee18 wrote:
    I am having the EXACT same issue. I actually came to this forum just now hoping to find answers. I find it incredibly aggravating to play my game with these craptastic graphics, and I don't appreciate spending the amount of money I have on all these games for all these years only to see that the much anticipated Pets expansion can't even be viewed properly. I have a Macbook Pro, the latest version as I just got it a few months ago, and there is definitely nothing wrong with my graphics or computer. At all. Obviously that's not the issue. An update to fix this would be nice.

Chellee18, in your Macpro what card are you using? The Macpro is much better than a Macbook and should have a discreet card.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ibshaunibshaun Posts: 46 Member
    edited October 2011
    Fairly new to game - just got it a few months ago when I bought a new laptop. Game was working fine until update. Now all of my sims disappear in the middle of play. I don't have the crazy graphic sims, they just go invisible. Was working absolutely fine before update. I have no pics 'cause you can't see 'em. Anyone else?
  • Tilandra1_Tilandra1_ Posts: 38 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Let me try to explain this...

Every video card has different features. Some are compatible with DirectX 10 or 11, others are not. There is Direct3D and OpenGL drivers to consider. All of which can affect certain parts of your game's graphics, but not necessarily all of them.

If they've updated the game in such a way that your card is too old to support, you *can* have this kind of problem. Even if you don't see it in other parts of the game, or any other game for that matter.

It depends on how they worded the coding, but if they've modified it to utilize the latest features on the newest cards, old cards are going to be left behind, and what EA writes in its code about texture mapping sim meshes may give you this kind of glitchy response.

Trees in the sims are not color-mapped in the same way as your sims are. They typically use single, flat images repeatedly, whereas the sims are "dynamic" mapped images, taking into account what you set for freckles, skin tone, etc. in many, many layers. I have a feeling this glitch is somehow a part of that customizable layering process.
    edited October 2011
    Tilandra1_ wrote:
    Let me try to explain this...

Every video card has different features. Some are compatible with DirectX 10 or 11, others are not. There is Direct3D and OpenGL drivers to consider. All of which can affect certain parts of your game's graphics, but not necessarily all of them.

If they've updated the game in such a way that your card is too old to support, you *can* have this kind of problem. Even if you don't see it in other parts of the game, or any other game for that matter.

It depends on how they worded the coding, but if they've modified it to utilize the latest features on the newest cards, old cards are going to be left behind, and what EA writes in its code about texture mapping sim meshes may give you this kind of glitchy response.

Trees in the sims are not color-mapped in the same way as your sims are. They typically use single, flat images repeatedly, whereas the sims are "dynamic" mapped images, taking into account what you set for freckles, skin tone, etc. in many, many layers. I have a feeling this glitch is somehow a part of that customizable layering process.

thankyou very much for the concise response! :oops:
    that actually makes a lot of sense to me compared to just being told to "buy a new graphics card" because its not as though im running some prehistoric graphics card. my laptop is very new.. its only just come out and the card is relatively new anyway (i would of much prefered if apple stuck with the nvidia cards though :roll: )
    if they decide not to update or do anything to resolve these graphics issues im done with sims. i wont be buying a new laptop just to play the game. before this update i could play the game no problem, and judging from the vast amount of forum posts complaining about graphics issues, i imagine some people would feel the same way. thank you for actually explaining to me why this is happening.

if this is the direction they are going. then i think they should be including a warning message about the update and how it may suddenly affect the games grahpics :?

i hope it gets fixed though, otherwise i will have to find the time to uninstall...reinstall and manually update it to the last working update :roll: i shouldn't have to do that though
  • Ashcroft31Ashcroft31 Posts: 1,154 New Member
    edited October 2011
    you know i don't have a mac myself, and right now at this moment i'm glad i don't especially Lion which you guy's have, because i'm going through apples forums and i've come across this

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3204350?start=0&tstart=0

now if thats anything to go by and add sims 3 to it, i'd say IT'S NOT EA's fault,

so if anything you should be BUMPING Apple and not the sims 3 forums for ANSWERS

but thats just my opinion as i'm a happily playing and satisfied windows users myself with a system thats alot higher in specifications than your macbook there

edited October 2011
    Ashcroft31 wrote:
    you know i don't have a mac myself, and right now at this moment i'm glad i don't especially Lion which you guy's have, because i'm going through apples forums and i've come across this

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3204350?start=0&tstart=0

now if thats anything to go by and add sims 3 to it, i'd say IT'S NOT EA's fault,

so if anything you should be BUMPING Apple and not the sims 3 forums for ANSWERS

but thats just my opinion as i'm a happily playing and satisfied windows users myself with a system thats alot higher in specifications than your macbook there

I have NO problems with lion :lol: its an amazing operating system.

is its only the sims 3 which has graphics issues. i dont have any problem with apple. im very happy with my macbook air.
    edited October 2011
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2e0n4w6.png "width=600"[/IMG]
  • shimu13684shimu13684 Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    -__-' still waiting for a fix
  • NatWrightNatWright Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    Am I utterly useless with computer gargon,:oops:
    I have a HP Direct X 11 card on my laptop. I do have issues at time with over heating, I only have the Sims, nothing else.
    Since my latest update, the graphics on my game have gone off on Buildings with floors, it goes mad!
    It it because my card doesn't support that certain update????
    If so, what do I do?
  • JHBrownJHBrown Posts: 566 Member
    edited October 2011
    @Cody,

The posters i5 is sufficient enough! It's not about clock speed anymore. When the Sims 3 was created, AMD and Intel were making power hungry, high clock speed processors. The new second generation Intel processors, even clocked at 1.7, is more efficient and powerful than a 3 year 2.5ghz processor.

edited October 2011
    NatWright wrote:
    I have a HP Direct X 11 card on my laptop. I do have issues at time with over heating, I only have the Sims, nothing else.
    Since my latest update, the graphics on my game have gone off on Buildings with floors, it goes mad!
    If so, what do I do?
    We wouldn't know until you post your exact systems specifications!
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited October 2011
    JHBrown wrote:
    NatWright wrote:
    If so, what do I do?

i have to say it annoys me royal when people throw tantrums on here and beg for help but expect us more tech savy people to be mind readers!!!!! they dont guve any info whatsoever :roll:
    edited October 2011
    MiyuEmi wrote:
    Apparently after the installation of Pets if your graphics card is not supported, you have to buy one that is. There is apparently known issues with G31 and G33 graphics cards. Check the Pets Forum and the Bugs thread therein. Hopefully this will help. Pets is more graphics demanding than the other expansion packs so make sure you have a supported graphics card in addition to meeting all other system requirements.
    My game works fine and my GTX 580 isn't "officially" supported! We can't go off requirements that were made a few yeas ago.
    edited October 2011
    JHBrown wrote:
    NatWright wrote:
    If so, what do I do?

i have to say it annoys me royal when people throw tantrums on here and beg for help but expect us more tech savy people to be mind readers!!!!! they dont guve any info whatsoever :roll:
    :D
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited October 2011
    JHBrown wrote:
    JHBrown wrote:
    NatWright wrote:
    If so, what do I do?

:D
    :) do you get my point? lol
  • Sims3OnlySims3Only Posts: 507 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have somewhat of a simmilar sim problem in CAS

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/457097.page