Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well... This Isn't Good...

So, since I'm waiting on an adapter for my graphics card, I've save many animals so when I play, I can take them from pre-made sims. BUT, when I delete the pet from the menu and it takes me back to the sim, look at what happens:

zanesaaomgfan-3071713_591_646.jpg

or even this when I create offspring from 2 parents:

zanesaaomgfan-3071716_456_537.jpg
BTW, the above picture is a toddler, not a child or a teen.

Will my graphics card fix this?

Comments

• zanesaaomgfanzanesaaomgfan Posts: 1,469 Member
    edited October 2011
    bump.
    edited October 2011
    Hello? :(
    edited October 2011
    BUMP!
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited October 2011
    i know the feeling, im getting nowhere either, i have sim/create a sim issue . do you have any mods/cc or anything like that?
    i blame the latest update *sigh*
    edited October 2011
    I do have mods but most of them have been updated recently.
  • AldermanTomAldermanTom Posts: 499 Member
    edited October 2011
    The second one looks like bad CC (Custom content). Like maybe someone created an outfit for a teen, but enabled it for a toddler, so the machine is trying to stretch the toddler into the teens outfit.

I think there is a thread in this area of the forum that deals with removing bad CC.

If you dont have any CC, then I don' know what could be causing this. And I have no clue about the upside down guy.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2011
    First one acts like an animation or CAS mod that has not been rig fixed. The second looks to be an outfit classed for the wrong age. Now if that's EA clothes, then I'd look into cc items such as accessories or makeup that might have slots that should be rig fixed.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
    edited October 2011
    Okay, let me just put this out there, I didn't use CC when making these sims. I just took them from pre-made sims. The child's socks and overalls are EA Content and the hair, it is too. Just a recolored bow.
    -Gabby
    edited October 2011
    bump.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2011
    Remove ALL Mods, if they are updated or not and try again, especially if you say only 'most' of them are updated.

Also delete your cache files.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• pretty1pretty1 Posts: 279
    edited October 2011
    Okay, let me just put this out there, I didn't use CC when making these sims. I just took them from pre-made sims. The child's socks and overalls are EA Content and the hair, it is too. Just a recolored bow.
    -Gabby

sometimes that dosen't matter some mods replace the originals without you knowing. it looks like a bad CC problem you should TRY removing the mods first 8)
  • billisrulzbillisrulz Posts: 415 Member
    edited October 2011
    The first pic made me lol!
    edited October 2011
    Removing the mods... Are you serious? Like 89% of my Sims have Mods on them... *sigh* If this doesn't work...
    edited October 2011
    Removing mods nearly damaged my Sims. I put them back. I don't care anymore...
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited October 2011
    The latest patch 1.26 changed the way the game handles cc. I don't think a new graphics card will help with the problem your having. Cc needs to be updated or redownloaded from the source.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited October 2011
    -Gabby

It doesn't matter, just having non-EA CC in the game when you update will screw up your game.

EA thinks that if they make the game as hostile as possible to 3rd-party CC then everyone will buy from The Store. I think that it is 3rd-party CC that gave the game it's popularity.

Anyway, remove all your CC, but don't start your game. Then uninstall pets (if you have it) and update the game a gain. Don't play it until you put your favorite CC back in with one warning - the Pets EP/ update deliberately breaks all CC that support slots. That is any object you can put another object on. Do NOT reinstall any objects that you can put other objects on - like counters, tables, desks, etc. Clothes and decor should be fine.

Before reinstalling your Mods, make sure that they have all been updated to the current update. Frawnkly, because my favorite Mods haven't been updated I have delayed updating my game (I didn't buy Pets).

See what I mean about the game being hostile to CC?
    edited November 2011
    Oh, I got a solution already.
    edited November 2011
    If you are experiencing this problem, it is an outdated mod.

:thumbdown: The mod Replaced CAS animations - three flavours does NOT work with Pets. :thumbdown:

Remove the mod.