Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flea Bath?

Is there something specific you have to buy to give your pet a flea bath? Cause I've been trying to give my sim dog a flea bath and it just.. doesn't do anything.

I've tried moving the bath tub into an open area to make sure nothing was blocking the way and then tried using different bath tubs.. I've also tried googling it but couldn't find anything :( am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm so glad you posted this question. This just happened to me and I couldn't figure out a way to do it. I clicked on the tub and the pet and selected "give flea bath" but nothing happened. I wonder if this is a bug and we should report it? If someone out there knows what we need to do please let us know! :)
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• SimulatedNissaSimulatedNissa Posts: 18 New Member
    edited October 2011
    You need to be friends with your pet and then click the pet & "give flea bath" if they aren't friends, they're more likely to reject

When my Sims' cats got fleas, they could only bathe one of them. I had the guy make friends with the other cat and the cat finally let him bathe her.
  • HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    edited October 2011
    Aaah okay! Thank you so much for helping. I guess that makes sense and for some reason it never occurred to me they had to have "friend" status first. I'll give it a go! :D
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• RayenRayen Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2011
    My sim and her pet are BFF's and it still wouldn't let me.. although after my sim herself caught the fleas it then let my give my dog a flea bath.. -_-
  • SimsGrl84SimsGrl84 Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    OK I really don't get it, my sim is friends with the cat and dog that has fleas, and I believe even best friends with the dog. I can click the dog and click on "Give XX a flea bath", but then he does NOTHING at all. Whats going on?
  • savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited October 2011
    I don't have Pets (yet!), however, for a flea bath, maybe you have to buy something from the store? Just a guess, though.
  • SimulatedNissaSimulatedNissa Posts: 18 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Is he piggy or something? Maybe he doesn't like baths & just keeps rejecting them?

I know you don't have to buy anything though, because I never did when my sims' house got infected x.x
  • Brooklynn731Brooklynn731 Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    I reallyy need help with this too! It won't work. So can someone please help us out? D:
  • littlelinfordlittlelinford Posts: 673 New Member
    edited October 2011
    i was going to say ask EA in a email but their CS is rubbish and you wont get a reply.
    try going on live chat and asking
  • StroganoffOfBeefStroganoffOfBeef Posts: 743 Member
    edited October 2011
    i was going to say ask EA in a email but their CS is rubbish and you wont get a reply.
    try going on live chat and asking

Live Chat is even worse than the email option. One of my experiences was that I was trying to figure out what to do when my EP wasn't working and they linked me to a page on how to download CC. Calling is your best bet with Cust. Service, and each time I've called ( minus two ) have worked out perfectly. Very nice and stay on task.
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited October 2011
    make sure you HAVE a bathtub in your home!!
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I've got the same thing. Best friends, bought a whole new tub and stuck it in the middle of the lawn so it's not obstructed, and nothing.
    I finally just turned on cheats and clicked off the moodlet.
  • sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited October 2011
    My sim just gave both her dogs a flea bath this morning.. nothing special was needed. I clicked on the tub and click bath XX and she picked her up and bathed her and the same with the other dog.
    edited October 2011
    Hmm, I had a cat with fleas, not a dog. Maybe that's it.
    He's had fleas twice though, and I was unable to give a bath either time.
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited October 2011
    Ok my sim cat brought in fleas and gave it to everyone (dog, my sim, and sims husband) I got them friends (wouldn't work otherwise so friends status does seem to be needed) and gave the dog a flea bath, gave the hubby a flea bath, gave the cat 2 (TWO) flea baths and it goes through the whole interaction and at the end she STILL has the fleas! I can't get them off the cat! Going to try the other sim now. I might just have to use master controller to get the moodlet/fleas off... :?
  • lucy_mercurylucy_mercury Posts: 10 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have the exact same problem. I'm able to bath my flea-infested dog (the first few times it just dropped the queue and wouldn't bathe him) but no matter how many baths I give him, he still has fleas. What is going on Maxis?!
  • Mariiiiie4Mariiiiie4 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I hate this, I can't give my dog a flea bath, I've been trying hundreds of time and the queue just goes away and nothing happens. I can bathe the cats or, almost cos they scratch the sim and runs away but at least they are taken to the bathtub, the dog isn't even going to the tub... annoying since I can't get rid of the fleas...
  • hanyohanyo Posts: 1,013 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I am having this problem also with my cat.

Edit: I got the friendship up some and then it worked for me.

Screenshot-109.jpg
    edited October 2011
    Mariiiiie4 wrote:
    I hate this, I can't give my dog a flea bath, I've been trying hundreds of time and the queue just goes away and nothing happens. I can bathe the cats or, almost cos they scratch the sim and runs away but at least they are taken to the bathtub, the dog isn't even going to the tub... annoying since I can't get rid of the fleas...

If all else fails, you can turn on cheats, and then click on any moodlet to remove it.

• FacetiousMsFacetiousMs Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I had the same issue, but then I noticed it was a store tub that I was trying to use. I swapped to a regular tub from the game and the interaction worked.
  • BeeBop_KairiBeeBop_Kairi Posts: 7
    edited October 2011
    I had the same problem, but once I became best friends with the cat, she let me bathe her. Until then, the queue would disappear.
  • DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm having the same problem. My sim is best friends with the dog (relationship bar all the way green) & still can't give him the bath. The task shows up in the queue, but immediately gets canceled out and they get a boost in relationship from the non-existent interaction. I have purchased two different tubs, but still nothing works. Finally just cheated away the flea moodlet so everyone in the family would stop getting them :evil:
  • snguyen318snguyen318 Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I purchased a new bath tub and bought a bottle of bubble bath from the grocery store, and SUCCESS. No more fleas for my dog :D
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited November 2011
    If clicking on the pet doesn't work trying clicking on the bathtub(Yes, you must have a bathtub, not a shower.the shower&bathtub combined works)
  • phepiaphepia Posts: 18 Member
    edited November 2011
    I found that all the action bars had to be cleared for it to work- I also had to have both the pet and my sim standing by the bath- then it would work. When my dog was asleep the action kept cancelling.
    It seems very glitchy to me personally