Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing Tutorial Compilation ☆Updated: 09/25/2012☆ Request: Eyebrow Drawing

Comments

• DustyDreamerDustyDreamer Posts: 1,569 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Lotterygirl13: Im sorry, but there is currently no clothing drawing tutorials at the moment. I can add your request to the list, but it has been requested before but no one has done one yet.

I have seen them on some 'to do lists' but has yet to come.

But keep your eye out! And if it does come around, Ill send you a message. :}
  • lotterygirl13lotterygirl13 Posts: 831
    edited October 2011
    Lotterygirl13: Im sorry, but there is currently no clothing drawing tutorials at the moment. I can add your request to the list, but it has been requested before but no one has done one yet.

I have seen them on some 'to do lists' but has yet to come.

But keep your eye out! And if it does come around, Ill send you a message. :}
    thanks
    edited October 2011
    Welcome! ^^

Updated the title so that we can get some attention to what was requested!
  • PuggyUKPuggyUK Posts: 773 Member
    edited October 2011
    ok so this is on unbound but bliss has done a hair tut http://sims3unbound.forumotion.com/t834-hair-tutorial-gimp#46930 looks real easy
    edited October 2011
    Thanks Puggy, updated the list. :} Im over at Unbound and I have been updating the list with alot of their amazing tuts. Made sure to recognize them on the front page. ;}
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited October 2011
    what version of photoshop do you use for the hair tutorial?

oh and if anyone can help me with the pose packages that would be amazing as they are just won't pose now and only stand there not doing anything =\
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
    edited October 2011
    Kylie: The photoshops used may be CS5. BUT if you have an older version or even photoshop elements you still have the same tools used in the tutorials, might just be in a different place is all. :]

For Pose Player troubles I suggest you head on over to Mod the Sims and check out the Pose Player thread:
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=438706&c=1

Before you ask your question, its likely that it has already been answered by the creator. So go through the pages and Im sure you will find the solution.

Best of Luck!
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited October 2011
    thank you! ^_^
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
    edited October 2011
    My pleasure! ^^
  • GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    edited October 2011
    Can I request something if yes could somebody make a turtorial for how to use GIMP I just got it and have no idea because for most tutorials you need a basic knolledge of GIMP wicth I myself don't have :mrgreen:
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
    edited October 2011
    Gemma: I will certainly put your request up. But I have a few non-sim tutorials for Gimp that might be good in showing you the basics of the program and getting orientated to the program. It may help you better understand what the tutorials are talking about. As well as nothing is better than fooling around with the tools in the program by yourself!

http://www.gimptalk.com/index.php?/topic/34102-beginning-with-gimp-starting-tutorial-for-new-users/

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Lite_Quickies/

If you prefer videos, then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVy_EDDe_-0

If none of these are helpful or you find them hard to understand, search google and youtube for gimp tutorials, theres a chockful of them out there!
    edited October 2011
    :mrgreen:Thanks:mrgreen:
    nO4zXfe.png?3
    edited October 2011
    Your very welcome. :3
    I dont want you wasting time waiting for a tutorial, cause who knows how long it might take before someone actually does it. ><
    Theres alot of requests, but I think only one has ever been done. XD
    edited October 2011
    Your very welcome. :3
    I dont want you wasting time waiting for a tutorial, cause who knows how long it might take before someone actually does it. ><
    Theres alot of requests, but I think only one has ever been done. XD
    Oh!!! I'm sure someone will eventally though seeing as all people who use Gimp to edit sims photos have a basic knolage of it.
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • themelonicthemelonic Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thank you so much for keeping this up to date and well organized!
    edited October 2011
    Gemma: Im sure if I do some nudging, someone will. XD

Themelonic: My pleasure! ^^
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited October 2011
    I could help. Is there a specific question about GIMP? I do have 1 or 2 tutorials on GIMP, and I have been using the brushes.

Gimp isn't my editing program of choice, but I try to learn what I can for the school.
    edited October 2011
    LadyEm: I was going to ask you! :}

I think the question is about the basic basic functions of Gimp. What tools are used for what for sim editing...kinda like that.
    edited October 2011
    ooh, lol. I haven't done much for sim editing, if you mean shading the skin and such. I have been practicing with Cashing's tutorial on Beauty Enhancement. But I'll friend request Gemma and point her in the right direction and do what I can to help with the basics. ^.^
    edited October 2011
    Thanks LadyEm, your the best. <33
    edited October 2011
    No problem, always happy to help :)
  • DanieleAllyssonDanieleAllysson Posts: 148
    edited October 2011
    Please don't flame me. I am still new at this forum and game.
    Would love to know whether what are these competitions all about?
    What do they mean by Studio Rec, and etc?

And do their Sims really have those hairstyle in game or its just some editing jobs?
    edited October 2011
    Please don't flame me. I am still new at this forum and game.
    Would love to know whether what are these competitions all about?
    What do they mean by Studio Rec, and etc?

And do their Sims really have those hairstyle in game or its just some editing jobs?

LOL, no worries, we won't flame you for wanting to learn. :mrgreen:

These competitions are a fun way to get creative with the sims game, and it has certainly expanded since I first joined the modelling scene. This thread here has a wealth of information that can help you.

The basics of modelling is you sign up with your model, and if you are interested, you could try a beginner comp or I also have my School of Editing(Modelling) located in the first post of this thread.

Anyway, each week you are given an assignment that you must follow, and judges will judge each picture and decide the winner of the round. Some comps are elimination some are non-elimination and the scores accumulate over a period of time.

Editing skills are NOT required to join a modelling competition. While I learn as much as I can about different editing skills for my school, or at least point simmers in a direction they want to take, I prefer in game pics mostly and then maybe enhancing the set with a few add ons from Gimp brushes, and then do some lighting editing.

CC also helps in giving your set a boost.

Studio Rec means that the person will rec a simmers entire studio. When we upload our creations to this site, other simmers have the option to Recommend (or Rec) creations that they really like.

The hairstyles depend, some are CC, but a lot of people have gotten into drawing hair onto their sims. Some do an amazing job, HarrywasHere (Harry) and SimmersaurusRex (Rexy) just to name a couple.

Hope that answers all of your questions and if you would like to know more, I'm sure Dusty will be happy to help, or you can always get in touch with me.
  • DanieleAllyssonDanieleAllysson Posts: 148
    edited October 2011
    LadyEmilye,

And may I know what is cc?
    And do they really have these shiny beautiful hairstyles on their Sims in game?

And what are the magazines which they mentioned?
    Thanks for offering help in clearing my doubts.

xoxo,
    Daniele
    edited October 2011
    CC is Custom Content, from Third Party (not EA) creators. I create CC myself. The best place to find CC is here My Sims 3 Blog, AKA MS3B. Most creators are listed here.

It's always important to find out the proper way to download CC into your game, and to be ware of CC that is bad. With proper knowledge, CC can be a useful, eye catching help instead of a painful headache. The shiny hairs are CC that you can download.

If you have a lot of CC building up, you can merge them into big files. (There are a lot of tips to help reduce lag when becoming a CC user.)

I will also tell you about Mods. Mods can enhance your game play, and make things not originally possible possible. Some mods offer fixes in EA's scripting. Twallan, for example, has a lot of mods that make the Story Progression better, gives you full control of the town, helps reduce lag by deleting unnecessary objects within the town, and can help with those who do modelling comps or machinimas.

Magazines are simmer created and they focus on a wide variety of topics: Fashion, CC, interior and exterior design. Each Magazine has their own schedule of when they come out, and some have open positions. It is a time consuming commitment.

Creative Corner has a sticky of many of the simmer created magazines. (I think it is still there)

And it's no problem at all ^.^

And LE or LadyEm is fine, that's what many people call me here anyway :mrgreen: