Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To anyone with the game (regarding Appaloosa Plains)

Comments

• tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited October 2011
    Aw she's pregnant!? Thanks for the info Nik, I'll check out the thread in a bit.
  • sims3freakAdamsims3freakAdam Posts: 393 Member
    edited October 2011
    tori104 wrote:
    Aw thank you! But I don't think jarsie was trying to be mean, I mean she did say she wasn't trying to be snappy its just some things come off differently since we;re reading them from everyone instead of actually talking. The only downside to my game I've been having is that my computer is slow so everything takes forever to load, sorry lol

Yes I see where your coming from but this is where people need to think about what they are saying as it can come off as rude. If this was the case then the forum would be a much friendlier (spelling? lol) place. I believe, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all.

Also don't be sorry about your computer being slow, it's not your fault. :-)

I love Gracie's hairstyle, is that new with the game?
    edited October 2011
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I played the Fox family last night. Husband is Shawnee, his wife is Cheyenne. They have a toddler son name Dakota. Cheyenne is pregnant, by the way. They have an adult female horse named Bramble and a female foal named Willow. They're a lot of fun to play! I have a spearate thread showing Bramble and her daughter, Chardonnay. Here's a link:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/449381.page

Edited to add: I should also mention that the two horses, Bramble and Willow, are not related to one another. Both are female.

Great story Nik, they seem like an interesting family to play.

I'm wasn't really interested in the horse aspect of pets but all this info about them is making me want to try them out lol
  • smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I've heard someone say that there was a vampire family, but don't know if that was an immigrated family or one who was there at the start.

There is also a family (forget the name, but they live near the center of town) who are the descendants of the origional settlers, if not descendants of the founders themselves.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited October 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Thanks everyone for the info and pics, it's really appreciated. If anyone is willing to go into detail and post the families' descriptions that would be great :D

Go buy the Prima Guide. It's unreasonable for you to expect people to sit down and type out all these details for you *for free* and spend hours doing it, when all you have to do is pick up a Prima Guide for yourself...and if you can't afford it, just go to your local game retailer, pick up a copy and do a real quick scan of the families (they're in the back of the book) and then put it back on the shelf. It's really not that hard.

Sorry to be snippy folks, but this just irritates me, especially when everyone has gone out of their way and posted some pics and descriptions, and this player just wants more and more.

Excuse me there is no reason whatsoever to be rude. I have asked kindly if anyone who was feeling helpful wanted to tell me about the new families and their stories. I appreciate what you all have done but if you haven't noticed I was asking for family stories. Yes, maybe you don't want to post every detail, I wasn't forcing you so if you don't like what I'm asking for then move on instead of posting rude comments. I enjoy/play this game for storytelling and before I decide to buy this game I want to know some information about it. Oh yes, unfortunately they don't sell the sims 3 guides in my local gaming shop anymore as they weren't selling much so think before you start making assumptions.

Some people on these forums can be so rude sometimes, jumping on people for asking a simple question. :roll:

Sorry but I think Jarsie is right. Can you even imagine how much work it is you're asking for? The question is simple but the consequences are not!
    This space is for rent.
    edited October 2011
    there was no vampire family to start with. I thin because vampires are with late night, they probably didn't put a vampire family in since it might mess with people's games who only got the base game and pets.

@sim3freak, I know what you mean, and yes her hairstyle was the new female hair with the game, there's also a cowgirl hat.

Here's the Fox family: The fox family are part of the native people thy managed to reclaim a small amount of property and have built it up over the years, they are very proud of their little farm. Shawnee and Cheyenne have a little boy named Dakota (these are all native american tribes I believe in the west) and two horses as well as a dog. They seem like decent hardworking folks.
    Their nice farm
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Shawnee
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Cheyenne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    and little Dakota (who might be a lot of fun to do a story with when he gets older.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited October 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Sorry but I think Jarsie is right. Can you even imagine how much work it is you're asking for? The question is simple but the consequences are not!

I guess I just don't think its that bad, he can't get the prima guide and the sims wiki hasn't been updated with premade info. It's not that he was being ungrateful. A few snapshots and a quick read of the family backstories isn't so bad. It's not like he's asking us to upload each one, take a scrapbook of snapshots, and write a detailed family history :shock: lol
  • smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited October 2011
    @tori: Yea, although the Shawnee are more to the east while the other two are plains peoples.

Not disputing their choices though.
    edited October 2011
    and here's the last one I really feel like doing for today. Sorry but I want to go play. :mrgreen:
    The Parrot family:
    The Parrot family recently migrated from Hawaii. Kanoa routinely travels into town, supposedly for work, but his multiple romantic interests would say otherwise. Jazzlyn mostly stays at home she is rather introverted and has few friends, will she ever learn to stand up to her fiance? Their son Ethan doesn't have much to do with either of his parents, he doesn't have many friends either... Kanoa has a brother named Kale and Jazzlyn has two sisters named Haily Shepherd and Alani Shepherd. Jazzlyn is the least attractive sister in my opinion. I actually might do the Shepherd family today too If I can find them and they're not just townies, but I went into the game I think they are just townies :( like bartenders becasue I cannot find them.
    House:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Kanoa:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Jazzlyn:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    can't find my picture of Ethan, the launcher says it's uploaded but it isn't showing up, but you can kinda see hin in the background of Jazzlyn's pic. She's pregnant btw.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2011
    smjjames wrote:
    @tori: Yea, although the Shawnee are more to the east while the other two are plains peoples.

Not disputing their choices though.
    Oh ok thanks. I just thought I'd heard the names used as tribe names in a history class or something, thought it was interesting and not so subtle that the creators named the native people after native tribes lol. I live in the south so the only native americans I ever really learned about were the Cherokee.
    edited October 2011
    would one of you mind going to my page real quick and telling me if things are missing? For me it looks like I've not added anything to any module... and my avi isn't showing up.
  • SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member
    edited October 2011
    When I read what the original poster requested, I thought, that sounds like a lot of work for me, don't think so...

But I'm not going to instruct other people not to answer a question, or tell someone not to post and request something that I don't feel like answering. Not my business.

I do want to know though, how is reading a description of the pre-mades an influence over whether one would purchase this expansion?

IMO, with the occasional exception, the pre-mades are pretty much the same in every town/expansion.

The lonely young Dr., new to town.

The nice couple with the bad seed kid.

The grumpy poor person in the fishing shack.

The wealthy family of 4 in the huge house.

And fairly new to the scene- the eco-friendly family. Who live in a town where everything is made of wood. Objects, flooring, walls, buildings....wood, wood, and more wood.

It must be difficult for the eco-friendlies to ride their bikes on the roads with all of the logging trucks.

edited October 2011
    SmithMarsh wrote:

And fairly new to the scene- the eco-friendly family. Who live in a town where everything is made of wood. Objects, flooring, walls, buildings....wood, wood, and more wood.

It must be difficult for the eco-friendlies to ride their bikes on the roads with all of the logging trucks.

:lol: these two made me laugh, yeah I see your point I guess. Now I want to go make a grumpy poor person in a fishing shack lol
    edited October 2011
    @Cyron

As I said, if my thread is not to your taste then don't read it and move on.
  • iToshibaiToshiba Posts: 59
    edited October 2011
    country cowpokes sounds like brokeback mountian XD
    oh i know my plans for them :3
    edited October 2011
    SmithMarsh wrote:
    When I read what the original poster requested, I thought, that sounds like a lot of work for me, don't think so...

But I'm not going to instruct other people not to answer a question, or tell someone not to post and request something that I don't feel like answering. Not my business.

I do want to know though, how is reading a description of the pre-mades an influence over whether one would purchase this expansion?

IMO, with the occasional exception, the pre-mades are pretty much the same in every town/expansion.

The lonely young Dr., new to town.

The nice couple with the bad seed kid.

The wealthy family of 4 in the huge house.

Reading pre-mades descriptions does not influence my decision on buying the game. You must have understood incorrectly. What I meant was, I enjoy the story aspect of the game so new neighborhoods and sims interest me the most. Obviously that alone isn't the only thing I like about the game, there are other things that affect my decision. Just as builders like building, I enjoy pre-mades and stories to tell and sculpt. There is no harm in that, is there?

Also thank you tori, I'm glad someone understands (great pics too, I like the one with the dog and the toddler)
    edited October 2011
    @Cyron

This is a public place and I can read whatever I want and I have the right to state my opinion.
    This space is for rent.
    edited October 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    @Cyron

This is a public place and I can read whatever I want and I have the right to state my opinion.

Of course you do but not when it upsets others you shouldn't. Respect others and receive respect back.
    edited October 2011
    @sims3freakAdam: You got me distracted from my initial point. Jarsie wasn't rude but just reasonable. Your comment towards her appears to me as blindfolded by selfishness. That's why I tried to open your mind to make you see what you are really begging for.
    How stupid of me, thinking I could be successful with this.
    This space is for rent.
    edited October 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    @sims3freakAdam: You got me distracted from my initial point. Jarsie wasn't rude but just reasonable. Your comment towards her appears to me as blindfolded by selfishness. That's why I tried to open your mind to make you see what you are really begging for.
    How stupid of me, thinking I could be successful with this.

How is, practically being referred to as a greedy gamer who wants more and more pictures and info, when I was clearly being pleasant and thankful towards what was being shown to me, reasonable? Her comment was unecessary.
  • NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited October 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    @Cyron

Of course you do but not when it upsets others you shouldn't. Respect others and receive respect back.

I agree, I also understand what Cyron43 means. It does take time from your own gaming to do what you've asked for Adam. But if you Cyron or Jarsie or anyonelse, don't want to/ don't feel like contributing to this then don't. You do not need to comment like that.

I too, do appreciate when other simmers take time from their gaming to post pictures and backround stories. If I could get the gamelauncher to behave properly, I'd do the same for them. Good evning and simming to both of you. Now I will go and wait for my copy of Pets to arrive in the mailbox :)
  • tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2011
    I agree, I also understand what Cyron43 means. It does take time from your own gaming to do what you've asked for Adam. But if you Cyron or Jarsie or anyonelse, don't want to/ don't feel like contributing to this then don't. You do not need to comment like that.

This.
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for clearing this up Nofravell.

Let's get back on topic:

Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far with your lovely pics and info. If anyone else would like to share you are more than welcome. :-)
  • NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited October 2011
    I would love to, but my game has still not arrived in my mailbox... :(
  • CMIrvng68CMIrvng68 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I love how Appaloosa Plains is so diverse...I'm loving the Miller, Riffin and Lionheart families. :mrgreen:

Right now I'm playing the Riffins...the house has a basement and one locked room that no one can enter (unless I unlock the door). It use to be the bedroom of the parents. Both urns are in there...haven't seen their ghost yet. Someone reported that the oldest Riffin son (left to take care of his two younger siblings) is a teen...he is not...he's a young adult.

This family is going to be fun/interesting for me to play...they only have 800-Simoleons. However the little girl and the oldest both have LAPTOPS in their inventory! Kept one and sold the other. Also the youngest girl is a technophobe so I don't know why she had a laptop. lol

Also the oldest Riffin (can't remember his name) is maxed out on his writing skills...think I'll make his profession to be a writer (right now he's working at the Morgue...yuck).