Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you going to chose?Your eventual mods/CC or Pets and the new patch?

Well,as you may have heard,the new Pets patch will conflict with all your mods and Custom Content :evil: (apart from Store Content)
So,to all you CC/mods addicts out there:What are you going to do?Download the new patch in order to get Pets,and lose all your mods and CC?Or will you stay away from Pets and keep your mods and CC?
Hey,maybe if enough people say they'd rather keep their CC than get Pets EA will actually do something about the problem!*hopeful*
Personnally,I'll keep my CC.I really wanted Pets,but now...

Comments

• PinkDaggerPinkDagger Posts: 912
    edited October 2011
    I've downloaded the patch and it works fine with my CC and store content, but I don't have Pets installed yet. The major mods should be updated within a week-ish (specifically in Twallan's case). If all goes to hell, I do still have a backup with all my mods and CC for pre-patch.
  • sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I finally decided to update and it's going on right now. I have 2,000+ CC files and a town made solely of houses off the exchange. I don't even know if I am getting Pets but I am eager to update. CC can always be downloaded again, I guess. :)
  • dragoncub34dragoncub34 Posts: 1,497 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I've heard only CC objects are affected and the pose player.

I deleted all CC objects and the mods I use will be updated quickly, it didn't really bother me to delete them sooo, both. I'll get pets and the patch and just wait for an update
  • sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Is this patch supposed to be 845 mb big? :shock: It's been a while but wow...
  • BriBear689BriBear689 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have downloaded and installed pets... And it is up to date. My CC is still functioning properly.
  • extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited October 2011
    I've saved all my CC in a separate file on another computer, i have only a few mods that I can upload again. I don't care if I loose it all - it will only take an hour to reinstall everything,

I am updating my computer now and will be installing pets right after that. if the CC is gone and mods are messed up, I will mess around in the game and then add all the cc again.
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited October 2011
    Beycat wrote:
    Hey,maybe if enough people say they'd rather keep their CC than get Pets EA will actually do something about the problem!*hopeful*

EA isn't obligated to fix any CC/Mods broken by the patch because they don't support CC/Mods. The only reason that Store Content isn't broken is because it's their content.

And besides, there's a good number of people who don't use CC/Mods and they're buying Pets.
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited October 2011
    Not buying Pets for a long while, but I am eager for the patch. I'm waiting until Twallan updates all of the mods that I use before I update. As for CC, I only use CC hair, so I should be fine. :)
  • BeycatBeycat Posts: 1,267 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Beycat wrote:

EA isn't obligated to fix any CC/Mods broken by the patch because they don't support CC/Mods. The only reason that Store Content isn't broken is because it's their content.

And besides, there's a good number of people who don't use CC/Mods and they're buying Pets.
    I know :cry:Still,hoping never hurts,right?
  • nycscenienycscenie Posts: 521 Member
    edited October 2011
    I've organized and merged thousands of cc this weekend and though I have the original un-merged downloads I don't want all that organizing and waiting for s3pe to merge I did to go to waste so soon. My new sim story is centered around my cc for a more realistic effect. I was gonna give my sim a cat but it's not really needed. So until I get tired of playing this story and I have as much free time as I did this weekend, I won't install the patch and pets. Sucks since I pre-ordered and it arrives tonight. But hopefully some tech savvy cc people will figure out a solution. If not then I'll have to part ways with my most of my objects, houses and all of my custom cars.
  • 4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Haven't lost all my CC. Got my skins, make up, hairs etc (CAS Things)

Lost Nraas Mods Obviously..But not forever.

I don't use CC furniture anyway, i only ever used deco, and i can live without that stuff.
  • miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Deffinitely keeping my CC! Thank God I didn't pre order pets.

Eventually we'll have to update regardless of whether we have pets or not. But for now, I'm keeping my cc. I sorted my mods folder out already though. I put all the things that will be broken in one big folder in advance.
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited October 2011
    I haven't got Pets yet, I had a feeling it would screw up somehow. I think I'll wait (need to anyway, no cash right now) until Twallan's mods are updated and maybe even a bit longer before I get the EP. All my CC & links are all saved in a separate folder anyway, so if it does still screw up my game I can reinstall my CC.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • KinztheSimKinztheSim Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited October 2011
    Im not patching my game nor am i getting pets anytime soon. Id rather keep my current CC and Mods till i know they are all updated.

I also have a legacy going right now that im quickly finishing up before i even think about updating.
    sig_zps8ece011a.gif
  • iToshibaiToshiba Posts: 59
    edited October 2011
    i'll stick with pets thanks, im not for overly modding the sims to the point there you install a shirt off the store and it messed with everything
  • Gray_OwlGray_Owl Posts: 553 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm lucky I guess, I don't use mods or CC (except store stuff). So I can patch without worrying about losing that, and since my game was down for several months due to the hard-drive on my old computer frying (bad battery) I don't have to worry about losing much if my old save crashes and burns and I have to start over. Now, if I can just get my game to start at all...
  • BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited October 2011
    There is no way I would play a brand new EP on an existing save anyway so it doesn't make any difference to me. I probably won't get to Pets until the weekend but I have started preparing the computer for it now. I have it backing up. I will delete the mods and cache and then start a new game for pets until I am sure it is safe.
  • ShanmarieShanmarie Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited October 2011
    NRAAS is updating and making most and I'm guessing building upto ALL of his mods compatible with the new patch :)
  • caseynicole_23caseynicole_23 Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited October 2011
    I just installed Pets and my game wouldn't run without
    taking my packages folder out.

I expect EA to make a patch asap for this issue..
    CC is my favorite part of the Sims... :(

I can't live without CC hair.
  • webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited October 2011
    Anyone know if it is possible to run two versions of the game on the same computer?

I use tons of CC and all my dream homes are destroyed. Basically the game is unplayable for me at this point as it's so ugly and to rebuild 3 years worth of homes is exhausting to think about. The plan is to reinstall up to the patch from Lucifer and send Pets back to Origin. :x
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm going to update in a week or so. By then we will have a clearer picture of what is going to happen to all the CC out there, and most mods should be updated.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited October 2011
    I had planned to wait until Thursday or Friday before getting it. I'm glad I didn't run out and get it anyway. Right now it looks like taking my time is the way to go. Pets isn't a huge deal for me. I actually value the collection folders more and I can get that from the patch. I see no reason not to keep enjoying my CC furniture. My game is enjoyable as it is and Pets isn't going anywhere.

Not to mention that there are other awesome games coming up. I could easily take a Sims break and play other games and only play my Pet-less game when I miss my sims. Then I can get Pet and the next EP at the same time.

I'll see what happens by the weekend first and I'll take stock of my CC and see what I can live without. I believe my CC is merged in categories, unfortunately some furniture may be merged with decor. :P
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • 2Fast2Furious2Fast2Furious Posts: 2,879 Member
    edited October 2011
    i probably wont install pets
    until twallans mods get updated ^-^