Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited October 2011
    Glad to see I'm not the only one, well not GLAD, but yeah. I got the Atomic pets stuff, but I was looking to have the Pet Store in my game before I started playing :?
  • happytime00happytime00 Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    When will the sims pet store venue be in the store content? :roll:
  • corvusdeicorvusdei Posts: 345 New Member
    edited October 2011
    See my reply on page 58 of this thread... Customer Support confirms there is an issue, but they haven't given an idea yet how long it will take for them to fix it. I'm with Lendyyen, I suspect they activated it incorrectly. Perhaps they otherwise screwed up the fancy DRM they're doing to make sure it's inactive on non-LE editions. No idea. Just rather ticked there's been no update from EA to stop the confusion people are experiencing and/or give us an idea as to how long it's going to take them to fix it.
  • JuChankQueenJuChankQueen Posts: 13 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Thank you so much Corvusdei, you have given us more information than EA has. At least we know that its not us messing this up.
  • SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited October 2011
    This might help some folks out. Please make sure you have INSTALLED The Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack before downloading the venue. You will get errors if you try to download the venue prior to installing the EP.

SimGuruHydra has posted info about this: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/447970.page

edited October 2011
    This might help some folks out. Please make sure you have INSTALLED The Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack before downloading the venue. You will get errors if you try to download the venue prior to installing the EP.

SimGuruHydra has posted info about this: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/447970.page

It was patched, installed, codes validated, purchase history updated, and all ready to go-- everything else worked fine. The pet beds, the costumes, the equine, feline, and canine venues-- it is only the download file for the pet shop venue which is not working, and it's not working for ANYONE who pre-ordered from Origin as far as I can find out. Already contacted customer support on this one, and they confirmed there seems to be an issue with the download. Are they not letting you folks know anything about it either?

Frustrating. Wish they would release SOMETHING letting us know they're actually working on it.
  • spoiled1980spoiled1980 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have installed and signed in for the limited edition content and it will not install!!! I get a message saying to check log for details. Please help me!!!
  • LiWildtimbers64LiWildtimbers64 Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    i have a quick question... i preordered Pets for my Sims 3. Was able to start downloading it from the site once i got the email saying it was ready. Can i put the Pets on my laptop as well as my desktop or do i need to buy it again (which i really hope i dont)?
  • LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited October 2011
    OK I pre ordered the pets limited edition.

I have followed all steps and can not dowmload the pet store all I get is there was an error during download.

Also where can I find the register for building my own pet shop that is suppose to come with the limited edition? I filitered the content for pets only object in every catagory including the community objects and there is no register that came with pets anywhere.
  • selena2376selena2376 Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    Repost

LE Sims3 Pets Preordered via Gamestop Store

As of 12:42pm EST

Game registered via sims3.com - both codes
    Game installed
    Game Updated
    Atomic-Aged themed items - Downloaded ok
    LE Petshop Venue - "Error Downloading"
    Origin registration - "Code cannot be redeemed for either"
  • EricaRoysEricaRoys Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I bought the sims3 pets limited edition and it downloaded fine but when i tried to download the limited edition pet shop it says that an error occurs and then says check the Log for more details. I dont know what the Log is and i dont know why an error is occurring because i have followed all the instructions. Please help.
  • catbookcrazycatbookcrazy Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    Hi there. I have a question about the limit edition content AFTER you put it into your game.
    I have the game, but as i was reading the fine print on the slip with the redemption Key, i noticed that it said that this key would expire a year from now. So I ask this: what happens if, after the code expires, something happens to the game, like the computer it was on dies and you have to get a new one and reinstall all your Sim games and expansions? Would you still be able to redeem the limited edition content again? or is there another way to get it back? Or do you just not get the content any more?
  • soulofadragon1soulofadragon1 Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2011
    Im having the same problem everyone else is having with downloading the pet store. my game is in my account but i keep getting an error saying cant be downloaded or something like that.
    meme-7.jpg?w=512&h=512
  • NoshmekNoshmek Posts: 24
    edited October 2011

I made sure the EP was installed prior to entering the code onto my account. I did everything as stated it should be done, and have quintuple checked to verify that everything is exactly as it is stated it should be. I am still receiving the:

2011/10/18|17:10:08|OFB-SIM3:41103|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.||||

So, please forgive me when I say it's not me... it's you :)
    (Is it weird that the timestamp is not my local computer time?)
  • littlemisscielittlemisscie Posts: 126
    edited October 2011
    Glad I'm not the only one with this problem.
  • EllaMentalEllaMental Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I pre ordered limited edition, I got a red card that says the code will expire TODAY (Oct 18)

It told me to register the game first, I used the code on the back of the manual, but I can not find a place to put the code from the red card, was I supposed to use the red card? Will I get a new code if I messed up? What do I do to get the limited edition exclusive venue and items?

The Red card itself says go to www.TheSims3.com/incentive/PetsRedeem enter the code below and follow instructions.

There is no place to enter the code, it just says I need to register my game... should I have used the red card code?

GAUUUUUUH
  • LendyyenLendyyen Posts: 119 New Member
    edited October 2011
    These items are so exclusive even the people who bought them can't download them.
  • 1BlessedWmn1BlessedWmn Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Zeula wrote:
    I havent gotten an option to download my limited edition content even though that's what I purchased. I registered my game, have it installed, but can't find where to download the pet shop or other content. Someone please help!

How do you register an online game? I usually buy the hard copy & don't know.
  • lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    edited October 2011
    I too have installed, registered and patched my game and am unable to download from my purchase history. I continue to get an error pop up. Unfathomable.
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
    edited October 2011
    EllaMental wrote:
    I pre ordered limited edition, I got a red card that says the code will expire TODAY (Oct 18)

It told me to register the game first, I used the code on the back of the manual, but I can not find a place to put the code from the red card, was I supposed to use the red card? Will I get a new code if I messed up? What do I do to get the limited edition exclusive venue and items?

The Red card itself says go to www.TheSims3.com/incentive/PetsRedeem enter the code below and follow instructions.

There is no place to enter the code, it just says I need to register my game... should I have used the red card code?

GAUUUUUUH

Many people have reported that the red card code is switched with the other code. Try switching them, it seems to work.
    Lendyyen wrote:
    These items are so exclusive even the people who bought them can't download them.

*lol* Too true.
    Noshmek wrote:
    So, please forgive me when I say it's not me... it's you :D

You're right, and they're working on it. SimsVIP got a reply from Shannon Copur that they're doing what they can about the pet shop venue issue.

SimsVIP post

(edited for confusing word choice and to update the link for most recent information :D)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2011
    EllaMental wrote:
    I pre ordered limited edition, I got a red card that says the code will expire TODAY (Oct 18 )

GAUUUUUUH

Also, check the year on that, I believe the code expires Oct. 18 of next year? I got the digital download, so I am just trusting what others have said here.
  • NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited October 2011
    Lendyyen wrote:

:lol:

• Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited October 2011
    EllaMental wrote:

GAUUUUUUH

That is my problem too, there is no where to put the code. I've downloaded the atomic age pets just fine, but can not find the pet shop at all.
  • albertabrncalbertabrnc Posts: 61 Member
    edited October 2011
    It's quite frustrating!! That's the whole reason we pre-ordered the game was to get the limited edition content.. but it won't even download!
  • LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited October 2011
    I put both the code on the red card and the game code in the register a game code and it registered the game to get the game to register.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top