Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wont install Limited Edition Bonus Store

Comments

• Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited October 2011
    This may have been mentioned but have you registered pets ep here on this website on your profile page? SimGuruGraham mentioned that you have to register your game AND install the game before downloadling the limited content from your purchase history.
    found here:
    http://twitter.com/#!/SimGuruGraham

further instructions just posted by simguruhyrda:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/447970.page
  • inky4inky4 Posts: 96 Member
    edited October 2011
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    This may have been mentioned but have you registered pets ep here on this website on your profile page? SimGuruGraham mentioned that you have to register your game AND install the game before downloadling the limited content from your purchase history.
    found here:

Yes already said that has already been done HOURS ago.

I got my game, updated it, installed it, put the code in on the website, waited till everything was done with that before trying to locate the code on the paper inside the box. I went to the website it said to redeem the pet shop and that website had no where to put the code from the paper. It had a note saying to go to purchase history. I went there and saw the pet shop. I have been trying to download it since 12am and it keeps saying there is an error in download.
  • Sims3fan1986Sims3fan1986 Posts: 443 Member
    edited October 2011
    I am getting it too i try to download the store three times and it came up saiding the same thing too. It say there was a error while downloading content please see the log for more details. What is wrong? :(
  • LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited October 2011
    I am having same issue installed pets, installed the patch, registered the game, registered the special code, go to purchase history..

downloaded and installed the atomic free items no problem

petstore will not download all I get is there was an error during download.
    edited October 2011
    inky4 wrote:
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    found here:

Yes already said that has already been done HOURS ago.

I got my game, updated it, installed it, put the code in on the website, waited till everything was done with that before trying to locate the code on the paper inside the box. I went to the website it said to redeem the pet shop and that website had no where to put the code from the paper. It had a note saying to go to purchase history. I went there and saw the pet shop. I have been trying to download it since 12am and it keeps saying there is an error in download.

Im sorry its not working for you..just trying to help..:?
  • Emilym3Emilym3 Posts: 539 Member
    edited October 2011
    I am having same issue installed pets, installed the patch, registered the game, registered the special code, go to purchase history..

downloaded and installed the atomic free items no problem

petstore will not download all I get is there was an error during download.

ditto
    edited October 2011
    I am getting it too i try to download the store three times and it came up saiding the same thing too. It say there was a error while downloading content please see the log for more details. What is wrong? :(

your pets game is not registered on your profile page. You need to register your game and install the game on your computer before you try to download the special content.
  • Dalenina042475Dalenina042475 Posts: 131 Member
    edited October 2011
    Everything except the Pet Shop download is working for me too.
  • SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited October 2011
    For people that have installed the EP and are still getting an error message when downloading the Pet Store Venue, do you remember what the error message said?
  • divalady963divalady963 Posts: 28 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have installed Pets, registered on the website, and patched the game and am getting the same error. I must say it's a little irritating, but all we can do is wait it out I suppose.
    edited October 2011
    For people that have installed the EP and are still getting an error message when downloading the Pet Store Venue, do you remember what the error message said?

" There was an error in downloading content. Please see the log for more details "

That msg is sitting on my screen after just now trying again to download my pet shop.
  • divalady963divalady963 Posts: 28 Member
    edited October 2011
    This is the message:

"There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details."
    edited October 2011
    I have tried to download it using google chrome, IE and firefox. They all give the same error note.

I can download other things just fine from my purchase history including the new dog bed and bowl. The only thing that will not download is the pet shop.

Also to add I do not have any extra content from non-sims 3 website. Only original content.
  • janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited October 2011
    Same. This sucks. I guess I'll have to see what the store looks like in game tomorrow. :cry:

jD001
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

• baileyabb88baileyabb88 Posts: 21
    edited October 2011
    :cry: Also having this issue...
  • edwinlcyedwinlcy Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    i also have below msg:

"There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details."
  • selena2376selena2376 Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    Bumping

LE Sims3 Pets Preordered via Gamestop Store

As of 12:42pm EST

Game registered via sims3.com - both codes
    Game installed
    Game Updated
    Atomic-Aged themed items - Downloaded ok
    LE Petshop Venue - "Error Downloading"
    Origin registration - "Code cannot be redeemed for either"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yes something else that needs fixing. The IAMS Store won't download either.
  • corvusdeicorvusdei Posts: 345 New Member
    edited October 2011
    See my reply on page 58 of the 'questions answered' thread if you want the long and boring version, but basically, I contacted customer support about this and after a long, LONG wait while they checked into the issue, he confirmed there is an issue with the download and asked me to allow more time for them to deal with it. For what that's worth, given the general level of service you get from customer support.

No one who pre-ordered from Origin seems to be able to get past this error, and I would hold off of any drastic attempts to solve it (such as re-installing the game, crazy!) until there are actually reports of anybody successfully getting the venue from an Origins pre-order. I've been asking since early this morning and so far nobody's reported that happening (or I missed it, I've been trying to check in on all the threads about it though)

• SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited October 2011
    thanks everyone. Passing the information along.
  • TheHappySimmerTheHappySimmer Posts: 154 Member
    edited October 2011
    The IAMS content installed perfectly for me, but the Pet Store isn't. :/

Hopefully they will fix the error soon!
  • AquaticaAquatica Posts: 110 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Noon here in Florida. Just picked up my copy. I made sure to put in the code on my account to show that I bought Pets. It showed up in my downloads. I clicked on the link to have it download, and it brings up the Sims 3 Pets installer. It does nothing for approximately 2 minutes then a window appears and says "There was an error downloading content {0}. And nothing appears in my download history. This happens every time I attempt to install it. I did the most recent patch before installing Pets. No more patches appear when clicking check for updates. Atomic Age & Iams sets install. I am a Mac user, running OSX 10.6.8.

EDIT:
    Also, does anyone know what we are supposed to do with this code printed on the slip that talks about redeeming the pet store? I didn't see a place where I was supposed to enter this code in anywhere. I went to the website listed on the slip, and it automatically said to set up my account showing I have pets, and then go to purchase history to download it. What is it for if we aren't supposed to enter it before downloading it?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited October 2011

IAMS says I own it but it won't show up in my purchase history or in my launcher.
  • TheHappySimmerTheHappySimmer Posts: 154 Member
    edited October 2011

IAMS says I own it but it won't show up in my purchase history or in my launcher.

That's odd! Errors abound today, it seems. :(
  • stfurachelstfurachel Posts: 55
    edited October 2011
    how do i get the atomic-age theme pet stuff? I registered my game with the site and I'm unsure how to get it.