Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Refund for all of my Sims 3 games and expansion packs!

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO FIX MY SIMS GAMES AND NOTHEING WORKS! IT WON'T EVEN LET ME UNINSTALL THE SIMS 3. i HAVE PURCHASED EVERY SIMS 3 GAMES AND EXPANSION PACKS AND NNOW THEY ARE USELESS. I'M EVEN AFRAID THAT THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN IF I INSTALL THEM ON A NEW COMPUTER. I FEEL THAT EA GAMES, ORIGIN AND WHOMEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS HAPPENING TO SO MANY DEDEICATED SIM PLAYERS THAT WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO A FULL REFUND FOR ALL OF THE GAMES WE PURCHASED AND ALSO REPLACEMENT PCS OR LAPTOPS. THIS IS CLEARLY A WIDESPREAD PROBLEM AND THE NEW TOWN "HIDDEN SPRINGS" DOWNLOAD AND THE "PETS DEMO" SEEM TO BE THE CULPRITS BEHIND THIS. I WOULD BE ESATATIC IF THIS COULD BE FIXED BUT IT CAN'T SO ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WHO FEELS THE SAME PLEASE SUPPORT ME IN DEMANDING A FULL REFUND!

Comments

• DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2011
    Stop screaming at us, it will not help. Read the fixes, calm down an carefully post why you cannot uninstall the game and re install it as well as your dxdiag.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited October 2011
    I know exactly what your talking about.. I haven't been able to play my game since Pets demo.. and I have tried everything.. all the fixes that were posted here plus some others.. I first uninstalled the pets demo.. I have uninstalled ep's and sp's many times..I took my pc back to factory settings 2 or 3 times...I have now lost count.. I got rid of every thing from the registry, temp files, uninstalled orgin.. I uninstalled and deleted every thing I could find for the sims 3 and orgin also pets demo.. I can't find why this game won't play now when I have played it for 2yrs. and 8 month on this same pc and didn't have problems with it till mow.. and my problem started on sept 27 when the demo came out..I have bought a new hd and os in hopes that I can play this game again.. I'm very nervous that it won't work and I'll have gone to the expense of getting things I could have done with out.. :thumbdown: :(:(:(:(:(
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited October 2011
    Well u didn't have to do NONE of that...

If you were truly wanting to start over with a clean slate...all you had to do was delete every single file and folder
    found in your Sims 3 folder under My Documents...

that would start your game from scratch...no CC..no mods...no saves no nothing...

sorry u wasted your time...
    edited October 2011
    Jenieusa wrote:
    Well u didn't have to do NONE of that...

If you were truly wanting to start over with a clean slate...all you had to do was delete every single file and folder
    found in your Sims 3 folder under My Documents...

that would start your game from scratch...no CC..no mods...no saves no nothing...

sorry u wasted your time...

if you were talking to me then.. yes it was a waste of time...even after all of that.. fresh install never before played game and still won't work.. can't play a saved game. :(

edit: I just saw your post and I have done that many times... but I am using a fresh install and nothing should be stopping my game from running.. I get the serious error message no matter what I do. :(
    edited October 2011
    ok but could u start a new game?
    edited October 2011
    Jenieusa wrote:
    ok but could u start a new game?

no, I can't :(
    edited October 2011
    ok as i am unsure of what you tryed...

if you have deleted all Sims 3 things off your PC....and were going to reinstall...heres what i would do....

1...THIS IS IMPORTANT...never ever start game/launcher until EVERYTHING is loaded...

Now go here and get latest manual patch...(that is until pets comes out)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page
    --keep in safe place--

Now...install all Sims 3 componants that you have...remember to NEVER start game or launcher...until u r done...don't even "check on it"

Now install patch....
    --according to EA's own post...u should only need that 1 patch, I never use the launcher for patches--

Now u may try and start game.....
  • divalady963divalady963 Posts: 28 Member
    edited October 2011
    AND ALSO REPLACEMENT PCS OR LAPTOPS

I am really sorry for your issues (and I know how you feel), but this request is just ridiculous.
    edited October 2011
    Jenieusa wrote:

if you have deleted all Sims 3 things off your PC....and were going to reinstall...heres what i would do....

1...THIS IS IMPORTANT...never ever start game/launcher until EVERYTHING is loaded...

--keep in safe place--

Now...install all Sims 3 componants that you have...remember to NEVER start game or launcher...until u r done...don't even "check on it"

Now install patch....
    --according to EA's own post...u should only need that 1 patch, I never use the launcher for patches--

well I don't have any of them installed now.. but I have tried everything so its worth a shot.. I'll let you know if it works :)

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DarkShadow74DarkShadow74 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited October 2011
    When you uninstalled your games, did you remove the registry entries?
    Did you move and rename your "Saves" folder?
    Did you do any required updates for your Video Card?
    Are you running the game on a laptop or a desktop?
    When you reinstalled the games, did you add them to the DEP for Win Vista / 7 ?
    Did you configure the Firewall to allow Origin to pass through?
    Did you configure your anti virus to disable the scanning of your game files?

If you have done these things, then there should be no issues to run the game. Please post you DXdiag information, as this will assist in ascertaining any possible issues with your computer.

A lot of players are very upset with the issues that they have with the game/s, however there must be some onus taken by those said players to properly maintain their computers. The CPU unit of a desktop should have the dust buildup removed at least 4 times a year, this will allow proper ventilation for the power supply, video card coolers and the main processor cooling fans. with out proper maintenance or your computer you will have issues.

If you are having issues with the game, just ask and I am sure that some one will be able to assist you.
    edited October 2011
    Jenieusa wrote:

--keep in safe place--

Now install patch....

well I don't have any of them installed now.. but I have tried everything so its worth a shot.. I'll let you know if it works :)

thank you so much.. my game works again.. :D :P
    edited October 2011
    your welcome
    edited October 2011
    to sugarpink, try what JeanieUsa posted here..it worked for me and I have been trying for about three weeks to get my game back after the pets demo..

I had just about given up.
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited October 2011
    sugarpink - it seems the Pets demo has caused problems on some computers. I don't do demos except on a test computer and if the demo gives me problems I just re image the computer. Today many people have forgotten the three most important words in computing:

1 backup!
    2 backup!
    3 backup!

Today's computers have become so reliable many feel there is no need (I'm guilty) to backup your data. Computers fail, hard drives fail, power supplies fail. Believe me it happens (I know from personal experience) at the worst possible moment.

I don't know what the problem you had with Hidden Springs was but it worked for me. It is a nice town but not worth getting angry over.

I have seen several posts about how to recover from the Pets demo and I'm sure the problem with Hidden Springs can be fixed if the computer can handle it. Software licenses are frequently once you open it you own it. You may (I stress may) be able to get store credit depending on the store.

Perhaps if you detail your problem and what you've tried there could be a solution.

good luck - take care
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I had a few issues with the pet demo myself but nothing that stopped my Sims from working. My issue was after I started the demo it uninstalled all my store content as well as mods and 3rd party downloads installed to my sims 3. I had to go threw and reinstall everything which really turned me off to the demo and really made it hard to enjoy the demo to it's fullest. Hard to enjoy it when it messes up your base game every time you run it.
    edited October 2011
    Although pets is coming out and the demo will be made useless...let me explain what you should have done...meaning what they didn't tell you

1...download demo...right to the desktop

make 2 new folders on desktop...labeled...game and demo

now go into sims 3 folder found under my docs...and cut and paste all files and folders into your GAME folder on desktop...making it EMPTY...

now load demo...play...play play...
    all done?

now go into Sims 3 folder found under my docs...and cut and paste all files and folders into the DEMO folder on your desktop...making it empty...

now wanna play game...simply put all your GAME files back into the Sims 3 folder found in my docs....

and just play switch a roo like i did until my game gets here....