Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the game delete all my cc & stuff?

Apperently, a lot of people are making back ups for their cc when they install the game. Will I have to make a back up?

Comments

• sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited October 2011
    its a good idea to back up your game and your cc, actually many take the cc out especially mods before adding new games. Mods can mess it up .. cc not sure but generally doesn't, but its best to do anyways. hopefully this helps you out.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    edited October 2011
    Well maybe its different for everyone but i personally have never had an issue with my CC when installing a new expansion pack. Its advised you take them out of the Sims 3 folder. But i never have and never had a problem. But then again all my CC/Mods are just hair and clothes. i don't play with game mods
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited October 2011
    Definitely make a backup of the entire The Sims 3 folder––the one in your home folder (not the one from Programs). It only takes minutes, and could prevent you from losing your game.

The Pets expansion is changing so many things, that anything might create a problem. Please remove all CC and mods before installing, and then put back only updated mods. Add non-mod CC back slowly, a little at a time, testing between small additions.

Really, you should play the game for a while with no mods and no CC (not even store CC), just to see how it is meant to run, and to see what features are available.

The best way to do that is to rename your The Sims 3 folder (the one in your home folder) to The Sims 3 Before Pets. Then open the game and let it generate a whole new The Sims 3 folder. Play a test family in that game for a few days, while you wait for your mods to be updated. It is the safer option, and allows you to experiment with a temporary sim or sim family, maybe playing differently than you normally play, while you explore the new town.

Every expansion, someone posts an "I lost my family and I'm so upset" type post. If they had just backed up their game, that wouldn't have happened. Be safe.
  • PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited October 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend following EA's instructions for installing a new EP. I always backup my stuff and remove my CC and Mods as they instruct...and thus, have not had any problems so far. I put all of my mods back in with the exception of the few that need updating, and those are usually updated within a few days...then I download and install them again. I put my CC back in, in a few lump sums at a time, and everything is peachy. Crinrict also has a guide for what to do pre-installation as well, btw. I always go through that checklist of things to do. Happy Simming :-)
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited October 2011
    I always burn my cc to a disk and then when I get my new EP I delete all my cc, install the new EP and then put the disk in with my cc and then copy and paste it back into my package folder. I label the disk so I will have it in case I should ever lose any of my cc for any reason.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited October 2011
    I always burn my cc to a disk and then when I get my new EP I delete all my cc, install the new EP and then put the disk in with my cc and then copy and paste it back into my package folder. I label the disk so I will have it in case I should ever lose any of my cc for any reason.

That's a good method. I backup all of my CC and Store stuff on flash drives. I would die without those little things!
  • iToshibaiToshiba Posts: 59
    edited October 2011
    ive had no issues and i have store stuff installed, not when i had stuff from TSR then thats when my game ****** up.