Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

very very very very very sad

i got the sims today hoping it would work on my computer. it installed and i got my hopes up and then i got a message saying i need pixel shader 2. i also dont have enough RAM. so i have to wait to buy a new comp. so all you lucky people out there playing better be thankful you get to play. i have to buy a new car before i can buy a new computer. im going to go crazy. i want to play so bad!!! if only there was a way to get a free computer....
i don't know what to do :(

Comments

• nextfatalbreathnextfatalbreath Posts: 345 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm sorry.

You should have gone to canirunit.com

Ram is cheap. Go buy 1gb.

And, I think in the options you can turn off the "pixel shader" thing..

Have you tried installing, and playing anyways?

And have you looked online for a pixel shader download? If it's a program.

I have no idea what it is.
  • CathereineCathereine Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Pixel shader isseue means her video card is outdated. She need a newer video card and a stick of ram.

Both can be purchased for under $200, possibly under $150 if you find a good deal.

Im sorry to hear of your trouble!
  • KenfrmcapeKenfrmcape Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Newegg.com has VERY good deals on all kinds of computer parts. I highly reccommend them.
  • JaciFFXIJaciFFXI Posts: 189 Member
    edited June 2009
    You could even buy an outdated video card, as long as it support openGL and be fine. Also newegg.com has 2- 1gb sticks of ram for $22. So that's a quick way you could get to play.
  • sims2nightyfansims2nightyfan Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited June 2009
    You dont need a new computer to get the ram and video card.
    Goto best-buy or Frys and purchase them I got my video card for $50.00
    And everything else was fine. But ram is cheap if you loook
  • lovely21lovely21 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i need help please.Could you customize the community lots that are already there such as add new furnituor to it? For some reason i cant, the game only lets me move the house. Alsdo I tried to build a supermarke and when i went to buy mode I cant find any iteams that haft to do with a grocery store such as in the sims 2 where there were vegetable stands and clothing racks. I made sure to switch the lot to community. PLEASE HELP -Nicole =/
  • WaylonWriterWaylonWriter Posts: 70 Member
    edited June 2009
    i got the sims today hoping it would work on my computer. it installed and i got my hopes up and then i got a message saying i need pixel shader 2. i also dont have enough RAM. so i have to wait to buy a new comp. so all you lucky people out there playing better be thankful you get to play. i have to buy a new car before i can buy a new computer. im going to go crazy. i want to play so bad!!! if only there was a way to get a free computer....
    i don't know what to do :(

You could always do what I did. I'm on a pretty tight budget too, but I financed my new computer through Dell.com and I'm paying $28 a month for a new computer, the game, and an ethernet cord. It's a lot cheaper than going out to Wal-mart and buying a new one (if you don't have the money at that point in time) and if you pay it off in nine months then you won't get hit with interest charges :wink:
  • lovely21lovely21 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i need help please.Could you customize the community lots that are already there such as add new furnituor to it? For some reason i cant, the game only lets me move the house. Alsdo I tried to build a supermarke and when i went to buy mode I cant find any iteams that haft to do with a grocery store such as in the sims 2 where there were vegetable stands and clothing racks. I made sure to switch the lot to community. PLEASE HELP -Nicole =/
  • HaileyHailey Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2009
    aww, so sorry to hear that! I would be so upset, and well I was earlier. I went to town today, looked EVERYWHERE for the sims 3, but nope, not in this tiny town. We dont even have a wal-mart!!!
    So I just HAD to do the direct download. I'm installing now. Man Im excited.

Oh and I found this site before I bought it:
    systemrequirementslab dot com

Try it before you buy it!

Its awesome!!!