Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Springs should have been included with Generations

If you have Generations, you should know, it is terrible, it has no new skill (chemistry could have been a skill, but instead they just made the chem. set part of the logic skill), it has no new death (i know this may sound wrong, but the deaths, controllable ghosts, and ghost types are one of my favorite features of TS3), the life state isn't that great (if you want to romantically interact with it, it has to become a "normal Sim" using a chem. potion that takes a while to learn to make, and then the "normal Sim" looks ugly), and the worst of all, NO NEW TOWN! It isn't even necessarily BECAUSE there isn't a new town in the game, but more because a few months later, The Sims 3 Store added the missing new town for $22.50 (now $24.50).

I compare doing this to buying Monopoly at full price (we'll say $20, i think that is the cost of monopoly) and then opening the box to find two things:

A) Something is missing, maybe the money, the pieces, or even 1/4 of the board.

and B) That missing thing is being sold separately for $10, another 1/2 of what you already paid.

That is how I see this cheap, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 move that EA pulled, they gave us something incomplete for full price, then charged us another 1/2 of what you ALREADY paid to complete the incomplete thing.

Also, based on what I have heard, Hidden Springs isn't that good anyways, just one example that I heard is that the special "fountain of youth" isn't even placed in the neighborhood, you have to place it every time you start a new game in the neighborhood.

Comments

• NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited October 2011
    No.

Generations added stuff that is applied to families that could be for any town.

Hidden springs setting and story line has nothing to do with generations. It should not of been included.

Well, it just seems unecessary.
  • friohurfriohur Posts: 1,722 Member
    edited October 2011
    it's more insulting that the world came out about the same time as Gen
    so not only are we shelling out $40 for the xpac but another $25 for a world they -could- have thrown in for free

and then the $2 off 'sale' was just to kick us while we were down :roll:

yes someday i will buy HS but i won't be any less bitter about the tactics they pulled :?
    Robin: You’re overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed-why isn’t anyone ever just whelmed?

Robin: If dislike is the opposite of like, is disaster the opposite of aster? See, instead of things going wrong, they go right.
    edited October 2011
    ^ I agree it was about money, but still, the town is just, not the same setting as generations is.

Its about relaxation and get a way. Which does not have anything to do with family building
  • AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited October 2011
    I agree with NotSoLucky. The whole point of Generations was to add more to do for each age group.

Hidden Springs is a resort town. If they were going to put a town in Gen it should have been a very suburban, family style world.

And besides, just because you think something's terrible, doesn't mean everyone else agrees....
  • Clay4512Clay4512 Posts: 933 Member
    edited October 2011
    The IF's are designed in the game to come out very good looking. They may be considered premades and made not to everyone's liking, but at least they don't look like something from the bunch family.

And for the hidden springs thing, when I saw the title, it brought me into the thread. I'm not trying to get you or anyone mad, I'm just stating my opinion. After learning more about hidden springs, I've realized it has nothing to do with generations, except for the fact that if you have hidden springs, you can easily use the content in generations to make it suitable.
    Generations brought a lot to the game, even if it wasn't a new town or a new death. This type of EP doesn't need all of that, seeing as to what the EP was about.
    Yes, hidden springs is overpriced but there is nothing we can do about it.

Also, ranting about it like this will do nothing. Glad I could share my opinions with you.
  • DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited October 2011
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    ^ I agree it was about money, but still, the town is just, not the same setting as generations is.

Its about relaxation and get a way. Which does not have anything to do with family building

I disagree.. I mean there is that one family that has the elder who adopts children and that just goes along with generations. I dont know, I think generations just didnt provide enough. Any new world would have been better than no new world.
  • Kyleness152Kyleness152 Posts: 120 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Clay4512, I agree with you 100%.
  • ilikeskittlesilikeskittles Posts: 966
    edited October 2011
    I really like Generations, a neighbourhood would have been nice yeah, but I liked all the new interactions more than anything else :)

I think Hidden Springs is way too expensive for a neighbourhood in my opinion though, I'm just waiting till pets comes out then we'll get pets.. new interactions AND a neighbourhood :mrgreen:
  • BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited October 2011
    HS was just another town to me. Didn't necessarily fit with generations though it can be played with it. Yes a new town with generations would've been nice. And yes HS was definitely overpriced. It was loads better than Barnacle Bay but definitely not worth what they're asking for.
  • friohurfriohur Posts: 1,722 Member
    edited October 2011
    from a player's point of view: a new town can mean a new start to a family
    or an opportunity to expand their family in a new, larger town

and how many moms would turn down a trip to the spa if they could afford it? :wink:
    Robin: You’re overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed-why isn’t anyone ever just whelmed?

Robin: If dislike is the opposite of like, is disaster the opposite of aster? See, instead of things going wrong, they go right.
    edited October 2011
    They put more work in hidden springs than they do for an average stuff pack.

since the prices are about the same, I say that it was worth it.
  • eduardog3000eduardog3000 Posts: 18
    edited October 2011
    My point wasn't how much Hidden Springs did or did not have to do with Generations, my point was that we have been ripped off. A town and an expansion for $60, when together they are barely worth $40.
  • kwizardkwizard Posts: 816 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I don't think hidden springs belongs in Generations(which I don't think was terrible either).

Besides, with your example, you need to buy the other part to play. Hidden Springs is really just an option. You don't need it to play, you just want it.
    edited October 2011
    NotSoLucky wrote:

They did not put as much work into Hidden Springs, plus, they put hardly any work into Generations. With EA, it is all about making deadlines (which, if it means leaving things out, they will) and getting as much money as they can (by ripping people off).
    edited October 2011
    kwizard wrote:
    I don't think hidden springs belongs in Generations(which I don't think was terrible either).

Besides, with your example, you need to buy the other part to play. Hidden Springs is really just an option. You don't need it to play, you just want it.

That isn't necessarily what my expression was about, it was about paying for something and not getting the full experience, but instead, having to pay more to get the rest of the experience.
    edited October 2011
    kwizard wrote:

That isn't necessarily what my expression was about, it was about paying for something and not getting the full experience, but instead, having to pay more to get the rest of the experience.

But you don't need to pay more to get the complete experience. Hidden springs is completely optional. I don't have it, and Generations is perfectly fine without it.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited October 2011

friohur wrote:
    from a player's point of view: a new town can mean a new start to a family
    or an opportunity to expand their family in a new, larger town

and how many moms would turn down a trip to the spa if they could afford it? :wink:
    This mom sure wouldn't :wink:
    Clay4512 wrote:
    I disagree, we vote with our wallet's. If we, the gamers, feel something is overpriced we don't have to buy it. I, myself have only paid full price for a few items from the store. The rest I watch the dd, if it is 50% off or very darn near close and something I really want I'll shell out the $$. 8)

As to new worlds/towns, I'd rather have a good version of caw that will work for me and build my own hoods than be stuck with someone else's idea of a nice town. Or at least completely blank templates to play with like we had in TS2. Currently if I want a blank template I have to strip down the town, very time consuming, and I can't always get blank lots to place where I want them. (I do keep a blank SV on perma file.)

could go on, but have a class to get to ...... 8)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • tommiegirl_catommiegirl_ca Posts: 1,692 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I agree.

Instead, it will cost another 2450 sp.
    edited October 2011
    Clay4512 wrote:

Also, ranting about it like this will do nothing. Glad I could share my opinions with you.

There are two ways to sway a company, the big one is a boycott, which is hard to start on the internet (a internet boycott only consists of THREATS to boycott), and the smaller way is make sure the company sees we are unhappy by posting our complaints onto things like the companies official forum(s).
    edited October 2011
    kwizard wrote:
    kwizard wrote:

But you don't need to pay more to get the complete experience. Hidden springs is completely optional. I don't have it, and Generations is perfectly fine without it.

Generations is very incomplete if you ask me.
    edited October 2011
    kwizard wrote:
    kwizard wrote:

Generations is very incomplete if you ask me.

That's your opinion.

And you know, I doubt getting Hidden Springs would make generations better.
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited October 2011
    I rarely reply to threads like this but I want to add my 2 cents. No matter what EA does or doesn't do they will never make everyone happy. I honestly didn't care that generations didn't come with a town but if I had then I probably wouldn't have purchased it. I believe people only get ripped off when they allow themselves to be. Simply don't purchase these extras. I purchased HS and to me it isn't anything spectacular, yes it is a change of scenery but you can download a player created world off the exchange for free. IMO an expansion pack should introduce new game play...doesn't always have to include a new town.
    edited October 2011
    NotSoLucky wrote:

They did not put as much work into Hidden Springs, plus, they put hardly any work into Generations. With EA, it is all about making deadlines (which, if it means leaving things out, they will) and getting as much money as they can (by ripping people off).

Yes they DID put as much work into hidden springs. No, they put MORE effort into hidden springs.

Compare it with the latest stuff pack. They made what? acouple buildings that weren't rabbit holes?

Guess how many homes, aka BUILDINGS they made for hidden springs?

Not only that, they had to make a whole new world, that came with new objects and even new animations.

for you to say they put more work into a stuff pack then they do into a world is hilarious.

I dont think you understand what it takes to build a world. :lol:
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2011
    Honestly, I have to say I want Hidden Springs and Generations as far apart as humanly possible. Especially considering Hidden Springs happens to include content which breaks other content in the store.
  • StenshusStenshus Posts: 43
    edited October 2011
    I think Generations is the best EP so far. You know, new world or not, it's an EP that we have to deal with. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

And WA did not have a world. A and LN had. Gen did not. Pets will have one. maybe the next one, and so on.