Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Swimming in the Ocean

danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
When will they add this? I'd love to see beaches will people swimming (or scared of it), lifeguards, and people even diving and scuba diving? I've been waiting and I don't know why they just won't let sims swim in the Oceans, lakes, etc.

What other watery activities do you wish that your Sims could do?

Comments

• Options
    Streetdival01Streetdival01 Posts: 717 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I wish they would open up the water to swimming. It makes so much sense to because it's the beach. And , I wish they could sunbath on beach too.
  • Options
    imahippyyoimahippyyo Posts: 1,146 New Member
    edited October 2011
    danivixen wrote:
    When will they add this? I'd love to see beaches will people swimming (or scared of it), lifeguards, and people even diving and scuba diving? I've been waiting and I don't know why they just won't let sims swim in the Oceans, lakes, etc.?
    YESSS!!!! YES YES YES!! DEFINATELY! I WANT IT!
  • Options
    mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I want to swim with dolphins and scuba dive. I want to water ski and paraglide and ride a ski-doo. I want to fish from a boat and go sailing.

I also want an Oceanography career to go along with it all.

Been wanting this ever since Sims 2 :)

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    Twilightsim10Twilightsim10 Posts: 3,322 New Member
    edited October 2011
    All that and surfing! :D
  • Options
    JeramooJeramoo Posts: 229 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Sand castles, shell collecting, and just splashing around at the edge of the water would be nice beach activities. It would actually give me a reason to send my families to those lots. :)
  • Options
    KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited October 2011
    My hope is that the'll add it with seasons. If they don't, then its never going to be added.
  • Options
    NeeLashaunNeeLashaun Posts: 133
    edited October 2011
    I Totally agree.
  • Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited October 2011
    I would love swimming again, I'd also like the beach activities we had in TS2 like sitting around the campfire, combing the beach for shells, just the simple things we have in TS2.

I make beaches on my worlds but they're useless really, except for fishing
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ugh, site was broken and it double posted :roll:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited October 2011
    mikitta47 wrote:
    I want to swim with dolphins and scuba dive. I want to water ski and paraglide and ride a ski-doo. I want to fish from a boat and go sailing.

God Bless,
    mik
    Ya know, with how much EA's held back on all of these interactions, I'm almost convinced that they very carefully saved all of those features for a future EP that would blow our minds with its wateriness.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    simgreen wrote:
    mikitta47 wrote:

God Bless,
    mik
    Ya know, with how much EA's held back on all of these interactions, I'm almost convinced that they very carefully saved all of those features for a future EP that would blow our minds with its wateriness.

:lol::lol:
    Maybe they're scared to let us have beach swimming because they know people will want all of this stuff too, don't forget mermaids, whales, yachting, row boats, etc
  • Options
    VermatrixVermatrix Posts: 946 New Member
    edited October 2011
    What anoys me is that from what i've read swimming in the ocean and surfing will be on the console version of Sims 3 and it has weather on it.
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited October 2011
    danivixen wrote:
    When will they add this? I'd love to see beaches will people swimming (or scared of it), lifeguards, and people even diving and scuba diving? I've been waiting and I don't know why they just won't let sims swim in the Oceans, lakes, etc.

What other watery activities do you wish that your Sims could do?

i really wish they would add this! boating/jetskis/paddleboats/water sports/sports fishing/fireworks on the beach for 4th of july, etc.

even in the pools - they could take scuba lessons, etc. they would have to become certified/volleyball/kiddie pools, etc.

i always have wanted actual stairs IN the pools, also.

edit: shark cages/swimming with the dolphins/underwater photography

• Options
    DlparsonDlparson Posts: 38
    edited November 2011
    I have sims 3 for xbox 360 and for wii...i haven't seen anything like this for the xbox 360 but now for the wii you can windsurf that's the only good thing about the wii version.....but i don't play wii very much cause the sims die off quick and there are NO CHEATS FOR WII SUCKS

Vermatrix wrote:
    What anoys me is that from what i've read swimming in the ocean and surfing will be on the console version of Sims 3 and it has weather on it.
  • Options
    DlparsonDlparson Posts: 38
    edited November 2011
    Vermatrix wrote:
    [/quote]

Dlparson wrote:
    I have sims 3 for xbox 360 and for wii...i haven't seen anything like this for the xbox 360 but now for the wii you can windsurf that's the only good thing about the wii version.....but i don't play wii very much cause the sims die off quick and there are NO CHEATS FOR WII SUCKS ALL IN ALL THE PC VERSION IS THE BEST!!!
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited November 2011
    Vermatrix wrote:
    The consoles had seesaws before it came out in generations. I don't know if this mean you will all get the ability in the future EPs or not. In sims 2 consoles we could pick our own shoes, but we had to wait for 3 to do this on PC. So hm...
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited November 2011
    perhaps it was too hard to program it on the pc. But yeah I agree I would love to see it.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    LaReineDuBoisLaReineDuBois Posts: 15 New Member
    Check out these LAKE lots, that I made

Your Sims CAN swim in these Lakes in real NATURE here !

*Hideaway Island National Park

*Desert Lake National Park with Swimming Lake

*Modern Home with Moat ...in Mountains

*LilyPad Lake..... a Swimmable Lake

*Oasis Lake National Park

Download at TSR for free !

Search for my name LaReineDubois at TSR

I made them for YOU ! !
  • Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    They should most definitely do this! Great idea!!
  • Options
    rbubblesrbubbles Posts: 158 Member
    I'm in love with the idea of sims paddle boarding, probably because I love it irl. It's be nice to have jet skis, row boats and paddle boats, and tubes and floaties. I really just want beach-related interactions, and a beach to go with it (thank plum GT is coming soon)