Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

USB Plumbob

jlmoth91jlmoth91 Posts: 5 New Member
Hey,
Im not entirely sure which category this should go in, but i think this one will do!
I brought the collectors edition of sims 3, which as we all know, came with the 2gb USB Plumbob.
Im having issues with the usb, as it does not stay in the plumbob,
As soon as i lift it up, the plumbob falls straight off.

I was just wondering:
A. if anyone else is having the same difficulty?
B. if anyone has suggestions on how to make it stay
C. if anyone knows if there is some way that i can get the item refunded.

Ps. I purchased my game in Australia, at EB Games.

Comments

• Options
    TheSilverKnightTheSilverKnight Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine stays tight can swing it around and all. Don't know about down there but here in the US or in Jersey at least EB/Gamestop has a 7-day return policy regardless of opened product however since the game requires a product key it may not apply.

IF anything were to be done it will probably have to be through EA them selves and won't be for some time I can wager since they are dealing with so many dumb tech issues, which I guarantee a ton of them are cause people have computers that are no where near powerful enough for this game.
  • Options
    Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited June 2009
    If the Plumbob is broken, you should contact EA about it. I don't think EB Games will exchange you another, as they wouldn't be able to resell that since it's been opened. I would send EA an email through the support site (click the Help button on this website), and give it some time. They're a little backed up what with this new game release.
  • Options
    LinkGirlLinkGirl Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't seem to be having that problem with mine, the plumbob is nice and tight for me.
    I know its kind of stupid to say, but make sure you have the USB pushed in all the way. Other than that, it's most likely defective.
    You can always try and go back to EB Games if it isn't any trouble for you; there's no harm in asking them if you can return it. If not, then yeah, EA would probably be the way to go.
  • Options
    CrycketCrycket Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine is tight enough....but I wouldn't say it was tight enough to put on my keys...like I was hoping to....

So unfortunatly, mine will just be a hanging around the keyboard USB
  • Options
    SympleSymSympleSym Posts: 124 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm having the opposite issue... I can't get mine out of the plumbob. :(