Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Names

Comments

• Options
    Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited July 2009
    Well my last one was a female named Stormy Weather my avatar! I actually knew a girl with this name and thought it was just awesome. My next one was Vito because well he is in the Mafia.

I just create names as I go.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    crazybean17gcrazybean17g Posts: 75 Member
    edited July 2009
    When I'm surfing the web, if I find a name I like, I'll write it down on a post-it and stick it to my computer. So I have quite a few sticky-notes on my computer. :lol: But that way, I'll remember the name.
  • Options
    julieexannjulieexann Posts: 704 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I usually look at random objects around me and sometimes name my Sims after those. :lol:
  • Options
    hlouisehlouise Posts: 409 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i am pretty good at remembering semi-unique names lol
  • Options
    JadenThornJadenThorn Posts: 753 New Member
    edited July 2009
    usually something random, like first name grilled last name chease :)
  • Options
    PandaFaust21PandaFaust21 Posts: 337 New Member
    edited July 2009
    http://www.catholicity.com/names/girls/k/

babynames.com is a good one.

"Baka" is a funny one because it means swan
  • Options
    Starr5505Starr5505 Posts: 414 New Member
    edited July 2009
    julieexann wrote:
    I usually look at random objects around me and sometimes name my Sims after those. :lol:

lol there must be some really weird sims around ur tow. 0.o
    Thanks you guys for the ideas! ur awesome!
  • Options
    Rockangel48Rockangel48 Posts: 459 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Normally I use my friend's names hahaha :P
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I have named like 5 of my sims Bella. 0.o
  • Options
    JerziJerzi Posts: 1,047 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have verry creative.. >_>
    I came up with Canada and Jersey as names.

Hehe! That's (almost) my name, and where I live. I'm your sim-naming muse, and you didn't even know it. :twisted:

On the topic: I have triplets named "Spoon, Knife, and Fork", and they have two siblings named "Llama" and "Spork". My sims are unfortunate when it comes to names, sometimes. But they like it. Bwahaha.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    llama is a good name..... hmmm..... lol
  • Options
    JerziJerzi Posts: 1,047 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I also recommend Alpaca.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    oh of course. Yay I also found some names from other countries!I like the aboriginal names ^-^
  • Options
    GingerRaeSGingerRaeS Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I pick names of things around me. I have a last name of Veranda, Rose, and Zig (Zig after some markers I like)

I do that too, or pick names from novels
  • Options
    innocentsorrowinnocentsorrow Posts: 1,089 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I just look at things around me, cds, dvds, books, and whatever names on there, I just took it. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    On the bright side, you can always tell them to go to the town hall and get a new name later. Don't forget the painkillers. Tylenol and Advil sound good to me. ha ha
  • Options
    RawrKiddoRawrKiddo Posts: 2,555 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I might aswell put my two cents in it:

I think of a random name

but after the first 25 sims.. It's hard to name them.. because I hate recylcing names
  • Options
    speckypeckspeckypeck Posts: 220 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I think of of a word that has a meaning (like strong, light, hidden, secret etc) then go to a names website and search through names that have that meaning.
  • Options
    BlueEyedBlueEyed Posts: 230 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well, I usually already have quite a few names I want to use, from novels and suchlike. The next on my list are Felicity, Gemma, Pippa and Kartik, from Libba Bray's trilogy, and Francie(Francisca), which is one of my brother's friends. I just like the name..

Right now, in my Alphabetacy, I pick a country that starts with the letter, and pick a name from that country, that starts with the letter.
    Right now I have Amira, Baruti, Cali and Ditte. I think my E name will be English, because..I like the English! And F will be Francisca, which means 'from France', so it fits. ^=^

Last names though, they are tougher. Probably because I have less practice with them. ^=^ One I want to use though, is Doyle, so I'm covered for a little while!

And also, Panda, 'Baka' also means 'stupid' in Japanese ^-^ And Paka means 'goodbye' in Russian..but that's irrelevant.
  • Options
    peaceloveharmonypeaceloveharmony Posts: 6,824 Member
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    BlazeIvesBlazeIves Posts: 1,135 New Member
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    SplashSplash Posts: 68 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I like using a theme for the names of everyone in the house, whether it's a type of food or a horribly nerdy game reference.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    BlueEyed wrote:

And also, Panda, 'Baka' also means 'stupid' in Japanese ^-^ And Paka means 'goodbye' in Russian..but that's irrelevant.

That is why I specifically mentioned it. http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Baka.html

According to my Japanese dictionary Ali Baba would be something like old ant lady. It's a tale of picking a name that works with different languages I guess. :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    lol using names from other languages is fun
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited July 2009
    you could also think of a celebrity, some of them have some intersting names. i also love puns. i love making sims with silly pun names.

like hugh jass
    or anita bath
    or hu fahted
    or delta phart