Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims bedrooms

i have been searching for the answer on the fourms with no luck.
Q:Is there a way to select a bedroom for the sims in your household? like mommy and daddy will have a room that is only theirs, the teen will have their very own, and maybe a room for a future baby? :oops: btw i have 8 bedrooms, and my sim will randomly pick a room to sleep in when i am away :(.

Comments

• BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Deyalord wrote:
    Q:Is there a way to select a bedroom for the sims in your household? like mommy and daddy will have a room that is only theirs, the teen will have their very own, and maybe a room for a future baby? :oops: btw i have 8 bedrooms, and my sim will randomly pick a room to sleep in when i am away :(.

From what I can tell once you tell a sim to sleep in a certain bed they will do so themselves afterwards.
  • iToshibaiToshiba Posts: 59
    edited October 2011
    if i remember correctly theres an option when you click a bed that sets the bed to that specific sim. like when you hire a butler you have to pick a bed for them.
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    edited October 2011
    The only way to do this is to lock the doors. The biggest issue with this is Mom needs a door and Dad needs a door. Also it locks out anyone but the door owner from cleaning the room or collecting laundry. If you have a room for future use you could lock it and not allow anyone into it.

Good luck!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited October 2011
    I don't believe you can select rooms but as BoltzY2k mentions...after a sim sleeps in a bed a few times, they will claim it as their own and will automatically go to that bed. Any other sim who tries to sleep in it will get the option to "Sleep in "Sim's" bed".
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    edited October 2011
    BoltzY2k wrote:
    Deyalord wrote:

From what I can tell once you tell a sim to sleep in a certain bed they will do so themselves afterwards.

This doesn't always work if you have extra beds. Also I have had my sims use the butler's bed (and of course she left) after it was assigned. There is no option as yet to assign beds to each sim.

There may be a mod for it. Check out mod the sims if you are interested in a mod.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • computertech82computertech82 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited October 2011
    whatever bed a sim sleeps in, they will typically always sleep in that same bed.
    tron_zps9rppf9ua.jpg
  • BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited October 2011
    BoltzY2k wrote:
    Deyalord wrote:

This doesn't always work if you have extra beds. Also I have had my sims use the butler's bed (and of course she left) after it was assigned. There is no option as yet to assign beds to each sim.

There may be a mod for it. Check out mod the sims if you are interested in a mod.

For the purposes of sleeping so far in my game, my sims will always go sleep in their own beds even though I have guest rooms with beds in there. They will go to another or nap somewhere or drink espresso if someone is sleeping in their bed. For other purposes ie woohoo or bedtime story sometimes sims hop onto another bed.