Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Town Will You Be Playing In?

Comments

• Options
    cornpuffscornpuffs Posts: 785 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm gonna play in Appaloosa Plains but make it over with a wealthy downtown with luxury mansions and high-rises and then a middle class side and then the farming country side which will take a long time....
  • Options
    Ali_renAli_ren Posts: 160
    edited October 2011
    I'm definitely gonna give the new town a try. However, since I haven't played much in Hidden Springs, I might move over to there if I don't like the new town. :D
  • Options
    chris1858chris1858 Posts: 531
    edited October 2011
    AP looks amazing, so I'll probably try it out. But right now I downloaded the Sunset Valley second edition with more lots and everything that someone posted on here and I'm customizing it a little more, like adding some highrises and some new families.
  • Options
    AlaruneRoseAlaruneRose Posts: 196
    edited October 2011
    I'm unsure as to whether or not this has been mentioned, but what are the world dimensions for Appaloosa Plains? If not dimensions, then just a rough estimate of size (ie: Large, Medium, etc.) or a comparison would suffice.

Obviously the game is yet to be released, but I mention "comparison" because I vaguely remember a statement from the team before LN's release. Something along the lines of Bridgeport being larger than Twinbrook. So I simply wondered if a similar statement has been made in reference to Appaloosa Plains.
  • Options
    LogicalPlayerLogicalPlayer Posts: 108 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hidden springs for me and maybe Appaloosa Plains
  • Options
    smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm unsure as to whether or not this has been mentioned, but what are the world dimensions for Appaloosa Plains? If not dimensions, then just a rough estimate of size (ie: Large, Medium, etc.) or a comparison would suffice.

Obviously the game is yet to be released, but I mention "comparison" because I vaguely remember a statement from the team before LN's release. Something along the lines of Bridgeport being larger than Twinbrook. So I simply wondered if a similar statement has been made in reference to Appaloosa Plains.

From the screenshots we have seen, it's far more open than Bridgeport for one.
  • Options
    CupcakeCornerCupcakeCorner Posts: 38 New Member
    edited October 2011
    susielou22 wrote:
    Before pets my favourite world was Bridgeport, it was the biggest and it catered to all my needs. i played hidden springs for a bit but it was too small with not enough people. my main problem with bridgeport is if you play for a couple of generations you end up with like 90% of your neighborhood sims being homeless. which gets pretty old.

if Generations had come out with a world that probably would have been my fave, i like the themes that came with generations.

Did i hear somewhere that those who had late night Appaloosa Plains would come with some clubs? or do i have to make them myself?

Anyone know how big Appaloosa plains is compared to other towns?

I play Bridgeport for the exact reasons you said. :D From what I've heard, Appaloosa Plains does come with some pre-made clubs in the bin specifically for AP if you have Late Night installed, which makes me happy. From the looks of it, Appaloosa Plains appears pretty big too, with a concentrated central town, at least 3 "neighborhoods" (with 5 or so houses all right next to each other), and a wide rural area... along with some random houses on the outskirts of town. Not sure about exact dimensions though.
    smjjames wrote:
    For those guys that like to play Bridgeport, how do you deal with the error 12s?

For me, they tend to happen if I play for long periods of time, so I just save often, and when the error 12's happen, exit the game and try again. Hopefully I'll like Appaloosa Plains enough to stay there and avoid error 12's altogether. Hopefully.
    cornpuffs wrote:
    I'm gonna play in Appaloosa Plains but make it over with a wealthy downtown with luxury mansions and high-rises and then a middle class side and then the farming country side which will take a long time...

I sorta kinda plan to do the same thing, and I love your username, by the way. :)
  • Options
    iToshibaiToshiba Posts: 59
    edited October 2011
    the new one. i have a "story" type thing all planned out. :D
  • Options
    PasitheaPasithea Posts: 179 Member
    edited October 2011
    I've been messin' around in Riverview lately, but I think I will try out AP for a change. I also want to buy Hidden Springs at some point in the future.
    I love to build homes and venues. It helps me relieve stress after long days at work.
    You can view my Gallery HERE
  • Options
    ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    edited October 2011
    I started a fresh game in Bridgeport only a couple of days ago, so I'm probably going to stick to that. I will check out Appaloosa Plains though, and assuming it looks great & is big enough, I might give birth to a second neighborhood. :D
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited October 2011
    FYI: SimGuruGraham mentioned wild horses and deer will not spawn in cities like Bridgeport.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/440128.page
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited October 2011
    smjjames wrote:
    For those guys that like to play Bridgeport, how do you deal with the error 12s?
    I get more RAM. Error 12, anyway, caused by running out of RAM in the first place. This tends to happen more to large, cluttered worlds like Bridgeport for instance. I upgraded my ram some time ago and haven't experienced Error 12 since.
  • Options
    ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thank you for the info (and thus breaking my little fragile heart, LOL), Cyron. I'll have to move my Sims to AP then. It makes perfect sense that there are no wild horse packs in Bridgeport, of course, but I was still hoping.... well, at least, now I know beforehand and can plan accordingly. :-)
  • Options
    MAXoutMAXout Posts: 666 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I am currently playing (always have been playing) Sunset Valley.
    However, I will be moving over to Appaloosa Plains. I just reeeeeally hope that there are heaps of 64x64 lots. I love playing and building on large lots.

Does anybody know what size lots Appaloosa Plains has?
  • Options
    Liesel93Liesel93 Posts: 84
    edited October 2011
    I'm going to test Appaloosa Plains. I always make a new sim in the new town so I can discover everything without messing up my current families.
  • Options
    simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited October 2011
    MAXout wrote:
    However, I will be moving over to Appaloosa Plains. I just reeeeeally hope that there are heaps of 64x64 lots. I love playing and building on large lots.

Simply judging from the screenshots, I can safely say that there will be huge lots indeed.The lower area seems to be composed of the largest lots.
  • Options
    slakeyslakey Posts: 396 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'll give AP a look, but ideally I want to finally finish Plumington County with the pet lots and get to play in that neighbourhood.

Me, pally and a few others have spent weeks building it up from scratch, so it will be nice to finally play it out with all lots existing :)
  • Options
    sterrasimsterrasim Posts: 154 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I really want to try out AP. maybe start a legacy there. Right now Im working on one in Sunset Valley, I may give them pets. I cant wait to see deer running around. I like to make the back lots in Sunset valley more wooded with big cabins. The deer will make it look even better.
  • Options
    MAXoutMAXout Posts: 666 New Member
    edited October 2011
    simgreen wrote:
    MAXout wrote:

Simply judging from the screenshots, I can safely say that there will be huge lots indeed.The lower area seems to be composed of the largest lots.

That sounds good. I'm not good at judging sizes through photos. :P
  • Options
    llynnyiallynnyia Posts: 2,251 New Member
    edited October 2011
    i can't wait ... i think i am getting peps ... don't come too close you might catch it!
  • Options
    FroggieSimFroggieSim Posts: 645 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I posted on your profile the link to the forest town i'm using. Did you see and and/or like it?
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm playing Bridgeport too, since it has everything already but will probably go to AP too when I get Pets.
    I always make a brand new Sim too, to play with everything properly.
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    WitchesBrewWitchesBrew Posts: 89
    edited October 2011
    I'll probably try out AP. If I don't like it I could just stick with riverview and Twinbrook. There's more space to expand there ^.^
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited October 2011
    hmm, ill give AP a try, but it doesnt look all the amazing to me lol..
  • Options
    diddl97playerdiddl97player Posts: 1,258
    edited October 2011
    Ap,Bridgeport and then Hidden Springs.IM overexcited!!!!