Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Move a whole house

Comments

• Dare8000Dare8000 Posts: 39
    edited October 2011
    A tool like that would be a life savor. I can't tell you how much time i have spent redesigning a home because the house being to close to the sidewalk, or the edge of the lot. I hope they make it.
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited October 2011
    s0ulsister wrote:
    I vote for either Lot Resize or Move The Whole House, option or cheat. Where do I sign?

You can move your lot with the house to the lots and houses bin, bulldoze the lot, then if you have ambitions, go to the world editor in edit town and select a lot size. Which is like move whole house.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited October 2011
    I agree.

Built the house to far back and now gotta rebuild for the barn.
  • LasslimLasslim Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I also agree.
    It would make my Simlife SO much easier.
  • FFirecrackerFFirecracker Posts: 89 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Absolutely. I agree wholeheartedly. I want a big lot to put animals & growing stuff etc, but unless I build myself the pre-made houses sit right in the middle of the property. It's really not convenient.
  • fluffynessesfluffynesses Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    This would be SUCH a good option for Sims 3, the EA team should definitely look into it... :D
  • SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited November 2011

Two year old thread.
  • LasslimLasslim Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Two-year-old awesome thread.
  • Lalaa93Lalaa93 Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    As it seems impossible to move a house around on a lot, would it be possible to just remove the house from the lot and then replace it on a smaller lot? This would be very VERY helpful if someone knows! :)
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited November 2011
    No, we can only replace it on a same size or larger lot. That's why builders are asking for this. I'd be really happy if we get it in Sims 3, but I suspect we won't.
  • ThePointedHatThePointedHat Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Bringing back a dead thread... any news on this? I just downloaded a house from The Exchange, and of course it's centered on the lot.

Now I don't have enough space to add a back yard, and the house is too far from the main road, so I either have to have: A) An elaborate fake street running up to my house, complete with faked sidewalks, or B) An incredibly long driveway.

And no swimming pool, garden, or barn in the back yard! :(
  • nmnevenmneve Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Why has this been neglected for so long? This seriously needs to be addressed.

Two of my sim couples have both just had babies. When those kids grow up I want to move them out and have them be my active sims. Of course it would be weird if they lived in the same house. So what I was going to do was build two houses on one lot. Unfortunetly I found a house on the exchange and fell in love with it. However, it's impossible for me to place it and still have room next to it for a second house. If someone would fix this many of our lives would be easier.

Isn't part of being a developer making sure the player has to do the least amount of unessesary work as possible? Actually it is. My video game design degree hanging on my wall confirms it. Now I understand that there may be limitations that prevent this, but it's there job to work through it. And if it's not a technical issue then someone urgently needs to get on this. Now.

From one VGD to (hopefully) another (or more).
    Please help us.
    Thanks.
  • SamTheWizarddSamTheWizardd Posts: 128 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Bumping out of desperation.

I recently built a nice house only to realise that it's too far to the left for my liking. A tool like this would be to die for right now.
  • MestrixMestrix Posts: 170 Member
    edited July 2012
    Just placed a already built house on a pretty large lot because I wanted space to build a barn behind it.
    The house is however in the middle of the lot taking up more space than it needs to. Wishing there was a way to move it closer to the road.

Origin username: xLilies
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2012
    I would want this so much.

Sometimes after I build the whole house/building then I decide it would look better further back/forward to the edge of the lot or near or at the edge of right/left side.

I have thought about an option like that too. Just pick up the house/building and move it around anywhere within the lot. For a newbie builder like me, it would be a great tool to have. So yes, I very much agree with you.

Edit: Oh yeah a visual came to mind just now. Just like when you build on a community lot and can place a rabbithole building such as the bookstore.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • ChellyMadockChellyMadock Posts: 356 Member
    edited July 2012
    I would love to be able to do that!
  • MaxQBakerMaxQBaker Posts: 493
    edited July 2012
    Lina wrote:
    I would like to be able to move a whole house by just marking it and then drag. It has happened so many times now when I build a house that I realize, when it is almost done, that it would fit much better on another place on the lawn and then I have to rebuild the whole thing. I can't imagine that it would be very hard to put this option in the game. Please EA solve this problem for me!

yes, that; be able to drag it on the current lot ...
    and also ... be able to move JUST the house from one lot to some other lot, without having to worry about lot sizes
  • mcacmgmcacmg Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I wonder if the moderators actually read these threads. Anyway, we could all really use a tool to resize a lot or move a house over a couple of tiles.
  • LanyTXLanyTX Posts: 78 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I just bumped the original linked thread, now gotta bump this one too because DH is sitting behind me and listening to me read the posts aloud and he suggested that EA/Maxis work on a Sims 3 Tool Kit. If the EPs follow the Sims 1 and 2 we're closer to the end of the 'series' than the beginning. Two or three more EPs and there won't be a whole lot more for us to beg for or for them to come up with which would mean EA/Maxis needs to come up with something to keep our interest and buying their product. Since there is such a majority of Simmers who would love to have a tool that allows us to move a foundation/footprint of a house around on a lot perhaps they would consider putting together a 'Tool Kit' as one of the EPs... all the best tools (not ingame) tools we builders need to make our lives so much better. They could make a good amount of money off it considering how many people would love to have such a set of "Maxis made" tools. That's a kit for in-game builders... not modders. :)

How about it EA?

• RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited July 2012
    I agree, it would be nice to be able to move your house around on your lot. I constantly have to delete sections of a house or entire houses because I built the entire thing 4 space too far to the left.

That sucks. :XD:
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • DarcieE12DarcieE12 Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Bump for great justice. I figured this was something so obviously necessary, it would be included in Supernatural. If it was, I can't find it. :( I have a lot of custom 60x60 lots and as far as I know, you can't get a 60x60 in World Editor, so they'd have to go on a 64x64... where they'd be centered and look stupid. Seriously, EA, this feature is really, really necessary.
  • JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited September 2012
    I must agree that this is very much needed in game. :mrgreen:
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited September 2012
    Great idea - I cant tell you the number of times I have wanted to either move a house to another spot within it's lot - OR - move a house to a smaller lot!!!!! Would love to be able to "Crop" a lot to make it be sized/laid-out differently!! Dream on!

And at the same time I have to say I sure wish we could add new lots by dragging out a size instead of having set sizes. It would be just so great to be able to creat our own sizes.

One more thing - so many times there is a spot next to a road that SHOULD accept a lot, but it won't. It just will not allow me to lay down a lot (Barnacle Bay has a number of spots like this). I am sure that I'm not overlapping a lot, a road, or unrouteable terrain, either.
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited September 2012
    You're preaching to the choir. I've wanted this for ages. :?
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited September 2012
    niac1234 wrote:
    You're preaching to the choir. I've wanted this for ages. :?

Every time I need to bulldoze a lot I've misaligned I want this ability. :cry:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top