Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Springs should have been included with Generations

If you have Generations, you should know, it is terrible, it has no new skill (chemistry could have been a skill, but instead they just made the chem. set part of the logic skill), it has no new death (i know this may sound wrong, but the deaths, controllable ghosts, and ghost types are one of my favorite features of TS3), the life state isn't that great (if you want to romantically interact with it, it has to become a "normal Sim" using a chem. potion that takes a while to learn to make, and then the "normal Sim" looks ugly), and the worst of all, NO NEW TOWN! It isn't even necessarily BECAUSE there isn't a new town in the game, but more because a few months later, The Sims 3 Store added the missing new town for $22.50 (now $24.50).

I compare doing this to buying Monopoly at full price (we'll say $15, i think that is the cost of monopoly) and then opening the box to find two things:

A) Something is missing, maybe the money, the pieces, or even 1/4 of the board.

and B) That missing thing is being sold separately for $10, another 2/3 of what you already paid.

That is how I see this cheap, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 move that EA pulled, they gave us something incomplete for full price, then charged us another 2/3 of what you ALREADY paid to complete the incomplete thing.

Also, based on what I have heard, Hidden Springs isn't that good anyways, just one example that I heard is that the special "fountain of youth" isn't even placed in the neighborhood, you have to place it every time you start a new game in the neighborhood.

EDIT: Ok, so they only charged another 1/2 of what we paid for Generations, but that is because, unlike what I was thinking, Generations is $40, not $30, so we are paying $60 for two things that together are only worth $35-40.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2011
    EA was planning on releasing HS in the store long before Generations came out because it was mentioned in a survey.

I do agree thou we should have gotten a new town with Gen because there isn't much room to put additional lots in Sunset Valley. Appaloosa Plains will solve this problem I'm hoping with pets. It looks pretty big.

On Hidden Springs I think it's awesome. The reviews of it are mixed. Some like it some don't.
  • eduardog3000eduardog3000 Posts: 18
    edited September 2011
    EA was planning on releasing HS in the store long before Generations came out because it was mentioned in a survey.

If that is so, then why did they not just put Hidden Springs on Generations? Or at least make a town for Generations AS WELL AS Hidden Springs in the store.

The answer, for money, they are getting more money for the same amount (or less) work. Previous expansions costed $40 (now $30) and included plenty of good features AND a new (good) town. Generations + Hidden Springs costs $64.50 ($62.50 if you bought Hidden Springs earlier) and has hardly any new (or good) features and a bad town.
    edited September 2011
    Appaloosa Plains will solve this problem I'm hoping with pets. It looks pretty big.

And honestly, with the trend of the expansion and stuff pack quality, Pets might not be as good as it is hyped up to be.
    edited September 2011
    Plus, another cheap move EA is making is starting to not having but a black and white manual that only gives technical information as compared to the manuals for Fast Lane Stuff and earlier, which actually described the gameplay and/or items.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2011
    Well evenso AP looks like it's as big as Hidden Springs. Atleast were getting a new town with pets were we didn't with Gen.
  • SunnyBelleSunnyBelle Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited September 2011
    Well evenso AP looks like it's as big as Hidden Springs. Atleast were getting a new town with pets were we didn't with Gen.

Agrees and sits on tail as its wagging so hard! It know it knows Pets is going to be epic. Her bones even tell her so :wink:
  • AlessarAlessar Posts: 276 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Plus, another cheap move EA is making is starting to not having but a black and white manual that only gives technical information as compared to the manuals for Fast Lane Stuff and earlier, which actually described the gameplay and/or items.

That's a bit off your topic, but I agree they should have a list of every item included in a stuff pack. It's ridiculous I have to go to a fan website to find out every item of furniture and find out where it's located in the shop. (The new filter by expansion pack feature does help with this though.)

But really, when it comes down to it, they did outline the features of Generations and they didn't list a town and not include it. I looked at what Generations contained, waited to see what part of them would be available from the generic game update, and concluded what I was getting was only worth $20 to me. Therefore, so I didn't buy it. If/when it goes on sale for about $20, then I'll snag a copy.