Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Verified Incompatibility with the G33/G31 Graphics Card

NinjaPuppyNinjaPuppy Posts: 101
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
glitch.png
Go to my studio to see another example.

At first I thought it was just the drivers being out of date. After checking and upgrading what needed upgraded the demo was still as glitched as ever. It wasn't until a few days after that I found someone else with the same graphics chip, the Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, with the same issue. For me this sent up red flags. It could very well be just the demo, but there is a possibility it might be in game as well. The chip has played Sims 3 and all of the expansions, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm just here to point out the possibility to anyone. That way if there is a problem it can hopefully get fixed. Having to end getting the new EPs because of a problem with a certain graphics card isn't exactly ideal. I will still be getting the game, but it'll feel like wasted money if this issue carries over.

On the bright side the other that had this same issue has Windows 7 and I have Vista. This means it isn't just a problem with Vista. Before anyone asks neither of us has any custom content so that isn't the problem.

Edit: G33/G31 Glitch - 4
Nvidia GeForce 6200 Glitch - 1
Nvidia GeForce 6150SE Glitch - 1
ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 Glitch - 1

Edit2: It seems the Nvidea 6200 has a similar problem.

Edit3: The Nvidia GeForce 6150SE doesn't render the heads of the cats and dogs properly, instead going grey. The ones loaded upon selecting what to create/upon CAP start up seem fine though.

Edit4: The ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 doesn't work either.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• MsYoung965MsYoung965 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I also have G33/G31 on my computer.
    And it runs all the exspansion and stuff packs with no Mod or CC.
    I have updated my drivers and also use Vista.
    My pets also look distorted too

• NinjaPuppyNinjaPuppy Posts: 101
    edited September 2011
    MsYoung965 wrote:
    I also have G33/G31 on my computer.
    And it runs all the exspansion and stuff packs with no Mod or CC.
    I have updated my drivers and also use Vista.
    My pets also look distorted too
    So the number is up to three now. Hopefully they'll fix it.
  • SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited September 2011
    Here is a bump for you guys. This explains why only some have distorted Pets in CAP. Thanks for the info.

• DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited September 2011
    Drat. I deleted the CAP. But I am wondering if someone without that graphics card were to download your distorted horse if it would show up fine?
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited September 2011
    are there plans by EA to make pets compatable with these cards? I have a slim tower, which cannot be upgraded when it comes to a video card because of the fact that there is no power supply on the market strong enough that can fit into a slim tower to power the card, and cant even add more cooling to it to take into account the increased heating.
  • missxkris88missxkris88 Posts: 14
    edited September 2011
    Make that four people.
    Everything in my PC is updated but my pets still look crazy.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited September 2011
    Here is a bump for you guys. This explains why only some have distorted Pets in CAP. Thanks for the info.

And people didn't want to believe me when I said it was probably a graphic card issue. ;P

In any case, it may not be such a simple matter of asking EA to "fix" the problem. If a card is incompatible, it's incompatible. You may have been able to play previous expansions, but the pets and their details may require a stronger card. I'm not expressly familiar with that particular chipset, though; is it a newer one, or extremely old? If it's an old card, you may just have to accept the fact that computer components eventually need to be upgraded to keep up with newer games. However, I will admit that if it is indeed an incompatibility issue, EA needs to update their system requirements.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited September 2011
    how can I see what grafic card I have?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited September 2011
    Thanks to everyone who's trying to keep this active.
    Druscylla wrote:
    Drat. I deleted the CAP. But I am wondering if someone without that graphics card were to download your distorted horse if it would show up fine?
    Maybe. It'd be interesting if it did.
    CMWarren wrote:
    are there plans by EA to make pets compatable with these cards? I have a slim tower, which cannot be upgraded when it comes to a video card because of the fact that there is no power supply on the market strong enough that can fit into a slim tower to power the card, and cant even add more cooling to it to take into account the increased heating.
    Honestly I have no idea. I hope they will, but if they don't they need to update their information on compatibility.
    And people didn't want to believe me when I said it was probably a graphic card issue. ;P

In any case, it may not be such a simple matter of asking EA to "fix" the problem. If a card is incompatible, it's incompatible. You may have been able to play previous expansions, but the pets and their details may require a stronger card. I'm not expressly familiar with that particular chipset, though; is it a newer one, or extremely old? If it's an old card, you may just have to accept the fact that computer components eventually need to be upgraded to keep up with newer games. However, I will admit that if it is indeed an incompatibility issue, EA needs to update their system requirements.
    Sadly I'm well aware of this, but if we're lucky it may just be in the demo. It isn't likely, but one can hope. Seeing how it's a custom card that's only in certain HP computers they may not know.
    anettesb wrote:
    how can I see what grafic card I have?
    If your computer is like mine then it can be found by going to Control Panel, then clicking on Device Manager, and under Display Adapters. It is also under System Devices.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2011

The Nvidea 6200 card also has severe problems with this demo.
    edited September 2011

That's unfortunate. Hopefully not many other cards were dropped.
    edited September 2011

That card was already in the 'scraping the bottom of the barrel' territory. It may be listed as supported, but it's barely supported. I used to have a Nvidia 6100 in this computer before I upgraded, and that card could barely run Sims 2 well, let alone Sims 3.

People really shouldn't be surprised when their very outdated cards are suddenly no longer good enough to run some of the newer high-end games. Video games are usually designed to run with the latest software, and not made entirely backwards-compatible with older models.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2011
    I think EA needs to remove the 6200 from the list of card supported by this game. It can't even hardly run the base game.
  • missxkris88missxkris88 Posts: 14
    edited September 2011
    If it turns out that EA doesn't make this game friendly to our card, what would be the best kind of card to upgrade to for gaming?
    edited September 2011
    If it turns out that EA doesn't make this game friendly to our card, what would be the best kind of card to upgrade to for gaming?

It depends on your budget, and on what kind of computer you have, but I recommend Nvidia cards. I have a 9800GT and it runs the game great on maxed-out settings. You may want to go with something a little newer since mine is starting get a bit old.
    edited October 2011
    That card was already in the 'scraping the bottom of the barrel' territory. It may be listed as supported, but it's barely supported. I used to have a Nvidia 6100 in this computer before I upgraded, and that card could barely run Sims 2 well, let alone Sims 3.

People really shouldn't be surprised when their very outdated cards are suddenly no longer good enough to run some of the newer high-end games. Video games are usually designed to run with the latest software, and not made entirely backwards-compatible with older models.
    Actually with a game that has expansions it's safe to say people expect it to run like the base does. Technology is always improving, but to cut off certain cards without so much as a warning is bad business sense. Though I do agree that the cards that can barely run it stood next to no chance.
    I think EA needs to remove the 6200 from the list of card supported by this game. It can't even hardly run the base game.
    They likely have to remove a few cards for this game.

It depends on your budget, and on what kind of computer you have, but I recommend Nvidia cards. I have a 9800GT and it runs the game great on maxed-out settings. You may want to go with something a little newer since mine is starting get a bit old.
    Interesting. If this issue continues to the EP I'll look into that brand as well.
  • Srich83Srich83 Posts: 468 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have a Nvidia GeForce 6150SE and it runs my games perfectly fine except the dogs and cats heads in the CAP demo, the horses have no problems. the dogs and cats start out fine but when I change the breed they distort. Not as bad as your horse, the heads just go dark grey and fuzzy.

They upload all messy too and someone told me that the graphics card cant change the programming script and that they shouldnt be uploading that way...

It worries me though that only a fraction of people are having this issue. I cant really afford a new graphics card. Sims is one of my few splurges...

18 more days until we find out for sure...at least it cured my PEPS.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2011
    Srich83 wrote:
    I have a Nvidia GeForce 6150SE and it runs my games perfectly fine except the dogs and cats heads in the CAP demo, the horses have no problems. they start out fine but when I change the breed they distort. Not as bad as your horse, the heads just go dark grey and fuzzy.

They upload all messy too and someone told me that the graphics card cant change the programming script and that they shouldnt be uploading that way...

It worries me though that only a fraction of people are having this issue. I cant really afford a new graphics card. Sims is one of my few splurges...

18 more days until we find out for sure...at least it cured my PEPS.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'll add your issue to the first post as well. Hopefully the problem doesn't carry over to the actual EP.
  • Emoolatte23Emoolatte23 Posts: 108
    edited October 2011
    I have a ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 video card and it doesn't work either :(
    edited October 2011
    I have a ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 video card and it doesn't work either :(
    I'm sorry to hear that, and I'll update the first post.
  • nkuhlwindnkuhlwind Posts: 94 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I did have an onboard nvidia 6150 with 256 memory which ran sims 3 and all expansions up to generations just fine-however, I did finally upgrade and get a separate video card and I have to admit that everything looks much more detailed especially when looking at neighboring lots.
  • MsYoung965MsYoung965 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I decided to get a new grapics card.
    I got a Geforce GT 440.
    The Guy at the computer store helped me I just showed him the requirements I printed from the readme file for the game.
    Now my game (All exspanions and stuff pack) runs great and all on high.
    And the Pets demo looks great too.
    No more distorted animals :)
  • dbt2888dbt2888 Posts: 14
    edited October 2011
    I have an ATI Radeon X1270 - I know it's not listed under the reqs, but the reqs are the same for every EP and I have never had a problem before with any of the EPs.
    Mine are REALLY badly distorted... the cat only blinks one eye, it's got a drooped face, its ears are two different sizes, and its body is wavy. The dog's a whole different story.
    47976587.jpg
    72202943.jpg
    42929789.jpg
  • Srich83Srich83 Posts: 468 Member
    edited October 2011
    holy crap, that's really bad...also bump..
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited October 2011
    Right now I am using an ATI Radeon 4870 and it works beautifully. Its getting a tad old so I am buying a new one very soon but still lets me play Sims 3 and almost all my games on high. Though it doesn't use DirectX11 which is why I am upgrading. If that's important to anyone looking for a card.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top