Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix that worked 4 me! -After unistalling Pets Demo /error launcher message- PLEASE READ ALL!!

Comments

• CaelienCaelien Posts: 6
    edited September 2011
    THANK YOU!! I BOW DOWN TO YOU AND KISS YOUR FEET!!
  • Margeh75Margeh75 Posts: 369 Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks but i aint TOUCHIN IT till the actual game comes out lol :)

Nancy wrote:
    I have another fix which allows you to play both the sims 3 and the pets demo.
    Step 1 I deleted the files you specified.
    Step 2 rename the Electronics Arts folder in My Documents to Electronic Arts.old + rename the DC cache in program files to --> to DC Cache.old (this should protect your CC, well so the Gurus say. My store content had already gone so I haven't tested this)
    Step 3 start the demo
    Step 4 once finished playing with the demo move your created pets from the saved sims folder to the electronic arts.old folder, and delete the new Electronic Arts folder from My Documents (this has been created by the demo)
    Step 5 rename the Electronic Arts.old to Electronic Arts to get back your saved games.
    edited September 2011
    Lol :) you made me chuckle :)
    Caelien wrote:
    THANK YOU!! I BOW DOWN TO YOU AND KISS YOUR FEET!!
    edited September 2011
    good advice :) creating a restore point is a good way to go too. i should have known this before i did all that but it never dawned on me!
    Cyron43 wrote:
    @Nancy: SimGuruWeb means the DCCache folder inside
    My Documents\Electronic Arts\TheSims 3

However this renaming method is unsafe. Just forget it once and your data is corrupted! Better make a backup before you use the demo. It takes just a few minutes but it can save many hours of work.
    edited September 2011
    i hope people have finally got their game back to normal now :D xx
  • vogue28vogue28 Posts: 31 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I don't even have any files in WorldCaches.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2011
    vogue28 wrote:
    I don't even have any files in WorldCaches.

No need to bother with that folder then. :)
    Inside the WorldCaches folder are temporary files which help to render the graphics faster. However worlds like Sunset Valley and Twinbrook have their cache files on different locations. So I assume you only play either of them, right?
    This space is for rent.
  • NancyNancy Posts: 380 Member
    edited September 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:

However this renaming method is unsafe. Just forget it once and your data is corrupted! Better make a backup before you use the demo. It takes just a few minutes but it can save many hours of work.

If you forget about it then you just delete the files from world cache and the missingdeps one then the sims works again. Also if you forget to change the names even when the demo is loading up it doesnt change anything until you actually start creating a pet, i forgot then changed the file name while it was loading, no trouble there. I know its a funny way round it but if it means you can still play the demo then its win win ... unless you have lots of CC, in which case forgetting would be more of a problem :wink: I see your point!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited September 2011
    Yea i have lots cc. i try not to but i cant stay away from that darn download button. i just think sims and items are so plain without them. I promised i wouldn't andi just downloaded loads of stuff from SimCredible, Newsea, Praline, LemonLeaf lol
    Nancy wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:

If you forget about it then you just delete the files from world cache and the missingdeps one then the sims works again. Also if you forget to change the names even when the demo is loading up it doesnt change anything until you actually start creating a pet, i forgot then changed the file name while it was loading, no trouble there. I know its a funny way round it but if it means you can still play the demo then its win win ... unless you have lots of CC, in which case forgetting would be more of a problem :wink: I see your point!
    edited September 2011
    The 1st time I used the demo (before I renamed the folder)it deleted all my store content. So now I have nothing to lose :wink: In a way its better because it loads up abit quicker. But the stuff I downloaded from PeggyZone has stayed, so maybe its just store content that gets removed
    edited September 2011
    Nancy please clarify. At first you said all we need to do is delete the missingdeps.idx file but now you told us the demo has deleted most of your cc. *confused*

EDIT: Oh and please tell us what do you mean with "deleted". Is it just gone out of the installed content list in the launcher or are the files in the download folder physically deleted?
    This space is for rent.
  • lizzieboo17lizzieboo17 Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    thank you sooooooo much. huuuuge help. when it wouldnt play my whole sim world came crashing down and i too was on the verge of tears!!!!
  • Aragona09Aragona09 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the tips

I removed the files and now even my CAW workes again with my CC. Thank you :D
    edited September 2011
    you're welcome :)
    thank you sooooooo much. huuuuge help. when it wouldnt play my whole sim world came crashing down and i too was on the verge of tears!!!!
    edited September 2011

Lucky you!
    enjjoy your game :D

Aragona09 wrote:
    Thanks for the tips

I removed the files and now even my CAW workes again with my CC. Thank you :D
    edited September 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Nancy please clarify. At first you said all we need to do is delete the missingdeps.idx file but now you told us the demo has deleted most of your cc. *confused*

EDIT: Oh and please tell us what do you mean with "deleted". Is it just gone out of the installed content list in the launcher or are the files in the download folder physically deleted?
    Sorry for the confusion. I played the demo before I knew about all the problems, that meant all my store content was removed from the game and yes there not in downloads either. To get my game working again i deleted the missingdeps file, and the other two from world caches. Now I rename my EA file before I play the demo to stop it affecting my game further. But my store content was already gone, so the only way to get it back is to download it again.
    edited September 2011
    Thank you Nancy. :)
    This space is for rent.
  • Wh8Tiger2222Wh8Tiger2222 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited September 2011
    THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!! I thought I was just going to have to wait it out until the expansion pack came along, but thankfully I'll be fine.
    edited September 2011
    Yea strangely enough my poseplayer and Peggy stuff was still there so maybe package files stay. Glad to hear everyone got it working :D
    Nancy wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. I played the demo before I knew about all the problems, that meant all my store content was removed from the game and yes there not in downloads either. To get my game working again i deleted the missingdeps file, and the other two from world caches. Now I rename my EA file before I play the demo to stop it affecting my game further. But my store content was already gone, so the only way to get it back is to download it again.
    edited September 2011
    Yea you should be good to go once you go by the first thread in the Pets forum. and its always wise to back up your sim folder and create a system restore point. Happy simming :D
    quote=Wh8Tiger2222]THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!! I thought I was just going to have to wait it out until the expansion pack came along, but thankfully I'll be fine.[/quote]
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for clarifying your experience Nancy, :) Some people were lucky and it didnt affect any of their game. Lucky them! :)

Nancy wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:

edited September 2011
    i'm still gonna wait till the game comes out tho. I was thinking of pre-ordering the limited edition one. Hope its worth it!
    THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!! I thought I was just going to have to wait it out until the expansion pack came along, but thankfully I'll be fine.
  • elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thank you so much! I didn't even know I had a problem, because the demo worked great for me, and I'd been playing with that rather than the full game for the longest time. Just now I tried opening my full game and got the same error as you! Thank you for detailing the solution in a way that was easy for my non-techy brain lol. Unfortunately all my cc and store stuff is gone, yet the sims and lots I've downloaded from the exchange are still there. WEIRD! well as I am not technically inclined, I'm just gonna use this as an opportunity to clear my game of CC, and just try to find all my store-bought content to re-download it. I hope I can!

Thanks again :mrgreen:
  • RorcannaRorcanna Posts: 67
    edited October 2011
    ....now I cry....

I spent HOURS trying to figure it out, and finally reinstalled. I decided to rely on my saved Saves, but they had been corrupted...if I had seen this thread, I'd have my original family still...*emo in a corner*

edited October 2011
    No prob, im not technical myself much ,so i tried to explain it exactly as it happened to me!
    Happy simming! cant wait for pets!
    elle0808 wrote:
    Thank you so much! I didn't even know I had a problem, because the demo worked great for me, and I'd been playing with that rather than the full game for the longest time. Just now I tried opening my full game and got the same error as you! Thank you for detailing the solution in a way that was easy for my non-techy brain lol. Unfortunately all my cc and store stuff is gone, yet the sims and lots I've downloaded from the exchange are still there. WEIRD! well as I am not technically inclined, I'm just gonna use this as an opportunity to clear my game of CC, and just try to find all my store-bought content to re-download it. I hope I can!

Thanks again :mrgreen: