March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAP Demo - ♦ Issues & Solutions Here ♦ - New CAP Demo Available - See First Post

SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
:!: Update 9/27/11 - SimGuruGraham has confirmed that there is a new Demo available for download which fixed the Store Content uninstalling issue.

More info and solutions available on Crinrict's Blog Post here.

If you have lost your Sims 3 Store Content, see this thread:
Uninstalled Custom/Store Content after installing Create-a-Pet Demo -- An Analysis

MOD Users! Twallan has posted the following message. Please note that MODs are not compatible with the Pets DEMO
My mods are *NOT* compatible with the Create-A-Pet Demo, and I do not intend to do any work to make them so (I will be waiting until the full Expansion is released).

In order to get the application to work on my setup, it was necessary to rename the "The Sims 3" folder in your "My Documents" to "The Sims 3.old".

At the minimum though, you *must* rename the "Mods" folder to "Mods.old" to hide them while you are running Create-A-Pet.

Change the folder name back when you intend to play the full game.

----

WARNING:

Due to issues with uninstalling the Demo product, it is advised that you back-up your content folders prior to running Create-A-Pet for the first time.

Renaming the entire "The Sims 3" My Documents folder (as mentioned above) should stop any badness from occurring.

First and foremost please understand that this CAP demo is inter-connected with your existing Sims 3 Game. If you are installing it n a computer with current Sims Games please BACK UP & SAVE your current games & Store Content.

♦ Second, you need to treat this Demo as a patch, all MODS and CC need to be removed from your game. The Demo is part patch and has installed new folders in the game file. Two new game files have been created with this Demo. Collections and SavedOutfits

♦ If you are going to install this Demo, please install it on a separate computer (without your games) until more info about the issues is tested and reported back.

♦ You will now have TWO Launchers One for the CAP Demo and one for your game.

Please report the following info.

1- Issue(s) you are having/noticing since installing the Demo

2- Windows or MAC & which Operating System

3- Do you have any new Game Folders in your Game File? Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3

Specifically these two: Collections and SavedOutfits or any others?

4- Do you have MODS?

5- What language is your Sims 3 game?

6- What language is your CAP Demo?

7- Are your games Digital or Physical Discs?

♦ Please see the 3rd post of this thread for solutions to help your game.

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited September 2011
    Known Issues

♦ Sims 3 Game unplayable after installation of the CAP Demo.

♦ Store Content and Downloads Removed from the Game (Missing Objects Warning)

♦ Issue with distored animals (streched, detached heads, etc)

♦ Twallan's MODS are NOT compatible with the Pets Demo. See here for more info.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2011
    Solutions

:!: ♦ This First solution here seems to fix the Launcher issue when trying to play the Sims 3 game after the Demo is installed. This will fix the error "There was an error during start up. Please see log for more details"

Step 1 - Delete the two highlighted files from the WorldCache folder

6173321913_808dd87ded.jpg

Step 2 - Delete the file in your DCCache folder named "missingdeps.idx"

♦ Before Installing the Demo, you can make the folder unfindable by temporarily renaming your "The Sims 3" folder, and when you're done with the demo, you can safely name it back to "The Sims 3"

♦ For those who can no longer play the Sims 3 game since installing the CAP Demo, please try Resetting your Game to Factory Settings to try and repair the game.

♦ If you have lost your Store Content & CC, see this thread for a possible solution.

♦ If you lost your saved games, check How to Recover Saves for help on getting your lost games back.

♦ For those of you experiencing distorted pets and graphics, make sure all your mods/cc is out of the game files (if any) and please comment on this thread with your graphics card.
  • SG98SG98 Posts: 821 Member
    edited September 2011
    Bad graphics
    missing body parts
    can;t access my real game now
    may I go on?
  • darkgoddessdarkgoddess Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited September 2011
    \

Please report the following info.

3- Do you have any new Game Folders in your Game File? Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3

4- Do you have MODS? If yes, which ones.

1:UPDATE: all store items uninstalled. I can reinstall them and load up the game and they will be in my game. BUT if i close the game and start a new one. the store content will once again be uninstalled.
    2: windows 7 64 bit
    3: both
    4: none

5- What language is your Sims 3 game? english

6- What language is your CAP Demo? english

7- Are your games Digital or Physical Discs: physical (except for create a pet of course)
  • Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited September 2011
    The launcher gives me an error message, Can't access my game.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/437774.page#6434679

2- Windows or MAC & which Operating System- Windows 7

3- Do you have any new Game Folders in your Game File? Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3- no

4- Do you have MODS? If yes, which ones. no
  • smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for helping us out when clearly EA can't!

Anyways, I went and downloaded it before treating it like a patch. I did uninstall and treated it like a patch my moving the mods folder into desktop.

1. The installed stuff apparently dissapeared, was able to install them, didn't have any problems launching the game. No graphics problems either. However, it crashes when any mods are installed, Twallans Overwatch and Mastercontroller seem fine, as do maybe nointro and nobuild sparkles, I'm honestly not sure with all this.

2. Windows 7, 32 bit

3. I have save games in the save folders, yes, not sure what you're asking here.

4. Buzz Digsite fixer, Twallan: Overwatch, Mastercontroller, StoryProgression, Errortrap, Register, and the WooHooer mod. Plus theres the nointro and nobuildsparkles. As far as CC, I don't have any, all I have is the store bought hair (the surfer one), Riverview, Hidden Springs, the ambitions registration reward, and the stuff that come with riverview and hidden springs. Also, I have all the SPs and EPs.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited September 2011
    I received the "There was an error during start-up" message on my game after installing the demo.

I have a PC.
    I have Windows 7.
    Yes, there are "Collections" and "Saved Outfits (I think)" folders in my Game folder.
    I have no mods, and only stuff from the Sims Store.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited September 2011
    Really wish this could have been up immediately. I didn't know that the demo was going to act alongside the game, I thought it was going to be something separate, so I did not take my usual precautions of removing my Mods folder. =/

Riverview and all of its save files disappeared from my game. I also noticed that one of my Sims who was wearing Late Night clothes and had some custom content no longer had either. Another Sim's CC was working, though.

Windows 7 64-Bit.

Yes.

4- Do you have MODS? If yes, which ones.
    Twallan's Story Progression and Twallan's Master Controller

5- What language is your Sims 3 game?
    English.

6- What language is your CAP Demo?
    English.

Late Night is disc. My The Sims 3 is digital though (my disc got scratched up somehow), but I'm not sure if that matters much as the game is running off of the Late Night disc.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited September 2011
    1. My issue is when I click on a game icon the launcher and "Error' Pops up It says
    There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details. I press OK then it just shuts the launcher off

2. Windows Vista

3. No.

4. I use to have NRASS but now that im searching for it in packages there is nothing there? WTH.
    hair, clothes, make up
    i use to have Master Controller, Story Progression, but now that im searching for it there is no such thing in my mods folder.

I have Sims 3 Outdoor living and SIms 3 world adventures from Origin and now the Sims 3 Pets Demo. The rest of my expansions are in CD form.
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited September 2011
    Mine won't even install. It's downloaded and just stuck
  • MissyRMissyR Posts: 317 New Member
    edited September 2011
    1- My sims 3 launcher has an error and doesnt work. Also loading manually gives error.

2- Windows XP home

3- Yes I have new Game Folders in your Game File? Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3
    "Collections" "Saved outfits" "Saved sims"

4- No MODS installed, just lots of store content.

5- What language is your Sims 3 game? English

6- What language is your CAP Demo? English

I have used origin when I purchased & digital download WA expansion when that came out, all the rest of my expansions were CD.

• Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2011
    I found a solution for the problem. Hope you have a backup of your gamedata!
    So at first I wasn't able to start my Sims game after I have installed that demo. After uninstalling it my game still crashed.
    Then I restored the DCCache folder from a backup and everything is back to normal! :D

So that ******* demo irreversibly malforms the installed cc databse!
    This space is for rent.
  • xbeckieexbeckiee Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2011
    1- Sims 3 Pets Demo won't start

2- Windows XP

3- SavedOutfits

4- Some Nraas Mods
  • Jessika2009Jessika2009 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Since trying out the demo for pets .........for some reason it wont allow me to play my regular Sims 3 games at all ....its telling something went wrong with my start up and to check my log for more details...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Jessika2009Jessika2009 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I also have Windows 7 , 64 bit...

no mods

and a saved outfits folder
    edited September 2011
    Since trying out the demo for pets .........for some reason it wont allow me to play my regular Sims 3 games at all ....its telling something went wrong with my start up and to check my log for more details...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

THATS MY PROBLEM TOO!
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2011
    @Karenn, @Jessika2009: If you have a backup of your game data please read my post above for a solution.
    This space is for rent.
    edited September 2011
    wait now my game is not even there. No mods, no sims, what the eff

http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/1869-create-a-pet-demo-compatibility/page__pid__34389#entry34389

I followed these instuctions. My launcher is working but there is nothing inside my launcher. No sims that i use to have, no mods that i use to have. WHAT DO I DO NOW?

My update says 9.0.73.012001 is that correct?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2011
    I'm lucky I'm having a problem most arn't on here. I can't download the demo because of the new store content patch available note. :shock: I can't get this message off my screen and it keeps me from downloading the demo. I've had this issue thou before this demo as because of this I can't download anything from the store or origin. Origin is updated to the latest version as well.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited September 2011
    Karenn wrote:
    OMG MY LAUNCHER NOW IS WORKING
    I followed THIS

FIRST I Uninstalled the Sims 3 Pets Demo then I renamed my Sims 3 folder to TheSims3.old then I changed my Mods folder to Mods.old and now my launcher worked.

http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/1869-create-a-pet-demo-compatibility/page__pid__34389#entry34389
    Awesome! Grats!
    edited September 2011
    Message to everyone:

Please report the issue you are having as well please.
  • front360front360 Posts: 784 Member
    edited September 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    I found a solution for the problem. Hope you have a backup of your gamedata!
    So at first I wasn't able to start my Sims game after I have installed that demo. After uninstalling it my game still crashed.
    Then I restored the DCCache folder from a backup and everything is back to normal! :D

So that ******* demo irreversibly malforms the installed cc databse!

After backing it up, I just deleted missingdeps.idx from DCCache folder, to get launcher working again.
    front360resized1.jpg
    Siggy made for me by skdluzak: Isn't it beautiful
  • smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I'm lucky I'm having a problem most arn't on here. I can't download the demo because of the new store content patch available note. :shock: I can't get this message off my screen and it keeps me from downloading the demo. I've had this issue thou before this demo as because of this I can't download anything from the store or origin. Origin is updated to the latest version as well.

You should be able to go to the taskbar (unless you're on a mac), left click and choose close. I had to do that when that message and the unable to connect to database message came up and I couldn't close either from the window.
  • Wlf0185Wlf0185 Posts: 125 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I also lost the store items so far that seems it is the only issue. Crossing my fingers
    edited September 2011
    Crinrict had me add a few more questions in the OP. Please read them and adjust your post accordingly.

:-o What a mess today :oops:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top