Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free Create-a-Pet Demo available Sept 22!

Comments

• SquigmanSquigman Posts: 20 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I can't wait to re-create my late beagle (And first dog in general) Lacy :)
  • Stilw8tinStilw8tin Posts: 662 Member
    edited September 2011
    simgreen wrote:
    I can recall someone posting a thread about how cool that would be a few weeks ago, then another person said that it was too late, etc. Apparently not. I like it when negative people are proved wrong, even if its me.

I posted a thread before about them hopefully making a Create A Pet demo, apparently they do listen :P
    -Stilw8tin

'Happiness Can Be Found, Even In The Darkest Of Times' - Dumbledore
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2011
    BimleSim wrote:
    Isn't a mac also a PC (personal computer)? :)

While a Mac is literally a personal computer I still have to burst your bubble. Whenever an ad mentions PC it means a Microsoft Windows compatible machine. Otherwise you can see lines like "for PC and MAC".
    This space is for rent.
  • PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited September 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    BimleSim wrote:
    Isn't a mac also a PC (personal computer)? :)

While a Mac is literally a personal computer I still have to burst your bubble. Whenever an ad mentions PC it means a Microsoft Windows compatible machine. Otherwise you can see lines like "for PC and MAC".

Good point you make, but in lots of the most recent interviews both video and written they have just started saying PC because we know the game is PC and Mac compatible, so maybe we will be lucky enough to be able to have it on mac as well (I have both so it wont effect me too greatly but it would suck for all the mac only users to miss out)
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • Louis_The_XIIILouis_The_XIII Posts: 974 New Member
    edited September 2011
    This is not available for MAC users :?

The Sims 3 Pets - Create A Pet Demo will be available to download from Origin.

No Origin for MAC users...so there goes half the fans.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=220131611373490
  • SillySelaSillySela Posts: 941 Member
    edited September 2011
    Bummer SillySela. :(

I know :( but.. I'll live! :) It's still really, really exciting. I'm starting to feel PEPS big time now, so this will be a nice jump start, whenever I finally get to use it.
  • PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited September 2011

Oh wow lame, bad move EA :?
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • Laru95Laru95 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Well ain't this dandy :mrgreen: I wonder however if this demo is the final, finished version of the official CAP in the real game..
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited September 2011
    Too bad I can't use the Demo for my mac
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Angelface52Angelface52 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited September 2011
    How awesome! I hope we can save our pets so we'll still have them when the game comes out :mrgreen:
  • BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited September 2011
    Is there a way to find the download on your computer from Origin? Like putting the CAP out there for Mac users? I don't like Macs, but I like to help people xD

I am not sure if what I suggested is against TOS, so if it is, I'll edit it out. :x
    giphy.gif
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the link!

Now just to hope EA releases the demo at a time when I'm actually home or can cajole anyone in my house to download it for me when I'm not there.
  • smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Maybe those pets showing up on the exchange are people testing out the CAP. They may also be sending it out to gauge peoples response and see what needs improving.
  • aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited September 2011
    smjjames wrote:
    Maybe those pets showing up on the exchange are people testing out the CAP. They may also be sending it out to gauge peoples response and see what needs improving.
    if there beta testing this game we might good patch at long last.but i would not count on it.
  • esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited September 2011
    I'd gladly test that CAP demo for them! :D:D:D:D:D:D I'll be like an annoying 5th grader: PICK ME! OH! OH! EA! EA! EA! PICK ME! PICK ME! :lol:
  • Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited September 2011
    edited September 2011
    Yeah that video has been out for awhile but thanks for reposting it. MORE torture to watch it again...and again....
  • bloodybeebloodybee Posts: 185 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I'm so excited! :)

Thank you so much EA!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2011
    I can hardly wait to try my hand at dogs,cats and horses. When I woke up and saw that on simsvip this morning that put a smile on my face. Also someone uploaded 3 pets and a sim household. The picture is on simsvip.com. :D
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2011

Wait you have to have origin to download this? What if your pc isn't updated to origin? I've heard lots of bad things about origin one of which causes you to lose some store stuff you've had.
    edited September 2011

Wait you have to have origin to download this? What if your pc isn't updated to origin? I've heard lots of bad things about origin one of which causes you to lose some store stuff you've had.

That should be the least of your concern about Origin. It installs software that spies on your computer to see what you have installed. :evil:

This will be one of their many ways to lure people to download origin.
    edited September 2011
    It does WHAT?! Omg maybe I need to delete it! :shock:
    edited September 2011
    It does WHAT?! Omg maybe I need to delete it! :shock:

You should read what you agree to when installing it http://eacom.s3.amazonaws.com/EULA_Origin_8.24.11.pdf

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/26/ea-revises-origin-eula-data-collection-is-still-in-collection/
  • Anime_lover10Anime_lover10 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited September 2011
    wait i dont really get it?
    so we get to download a demo of the sims 3 pets that we can play for what like a day or until pets comes out?
    edited September 2011
    No the demo comes out on the 22nd. So we'll have it from then until the 18th when pets comes out.