Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You want people to clam down. Really???

Ok i can understand that some people out there want us all to clam down about complaing but you need to understand you cant not tell someone to calm down when they wait over a year and then only to have it pushed back and then spend $50 only to have it not work. No they do not need to calm down EA will only rush when they see hundreds of people complaining about it then they will relize that they need to fix it and that thereis a really big problem.
So everyone keep complaining untill your game problems are fixed.
-Sweetgirl

Comments

• Options
    fireblade9740fireblade9740 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009

I understand where you're coming from. I do believe that people have the right to complain, and should. I mean, not everyone is happy about the game but I really don't think EA is going to do much about it right away.

For now, I think we all should just sit tight and wait :|
  • Options
    sweetgirlcc08sweetgirlcc08 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you
    -Sweetgirl
  • Options
    fireblade9740fireblade9740 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you
    -Sweetgirl

No problem.

I mean, I'm really not impressed with the game at all besides graphics.(And by grahpics, I don't mean Sims)

Right now I'm just trying to play the game as if it weren't the Sims if you catch my drift. Most of the time, it doesn't even feel like The Sims. But I keep finding little things here and there that aren't so bad... but I still prefer Sims 2.

Just hope EA knows what they're doing.
  • Options
    SXyPiXieSXyPiXie Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ok i can understand that some people out there want us all to clam down about complaing but you need to understand you cant not tell someone to calm down when they wait over a year and then only to have it pushed back and then spend $50 only to have it not work. No they do not need to calm down EA will only rush when they see hundreds of people complaining about it then they will relize that they need to fix it and that thereis a really big problem.
    -Sweetgirl

there is a technical support and discussion forum for issues getting the game to run in the intended manner. the devs and support personnel are not even going to be reading over here until they are looking for constructive feedback and ideas, likely when they start working on expansions.
    the posts here going on about bugs and compatibility issues are out of place and frankly are drowning any legitimate use of this forum, and they aren't going to garner any attention from the support staff.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SXyPiXie wrote:
    -Sweetgirl

there is a technical support and discussion forum for issues getting the game to run in the intended manner. the devs and support personnel are not even going to be reading over here until they are looking for constructive feedback and ideas, likely when they start working on expansions.
    the posts here going on about bugs and compatibility issues are out of place and frankly are drowning any legitimate use of this forum, and they aren't going to garner any attention from the support staff.

Ok i understand where you are coming from but i have to say that i think that they do look at these forums. They might not pay attention to all of them (meaning the one that just say that this game sucks) but at least they might be able to see what are some of the main problems that we are having so they can figure out how they can help us better.
  • Options
    BaelzianythBaelzianyth Posts: 684 Member
    edited June 2009
    besides that though.. have any maxis employees even posted in the forums?
    Forum needs a Sympathy option to add to disagree (automatic), Agree (after finding proof of statement elsewhere), Like (not sure what this is for other than sympathy comments to OPs that done a bad), and LOL (at oblivious people posting comments fishing for sympathy).
  • Options
    CleoTheMuseCleoTheMuse Posts: 143 New Member
    edited June 2009
    What does this have to do with clams? ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    lol its "calm"
  • Options
    CleoTheMuseCleoTheMuse Posts: 143 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lol its "calm"

I know...but I couldn't resist.
  • Options
    awrevellawrevell Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    While I am sure that EA employees have and will continue to monitor all the forums... I would be remiss if I failed to point out that the tech people who are involved in fixing problems with the game are probably reading the tech support forums, while the modelers and object creators who are looking for the next item to make are reading this forum. While they may understand your concerns and sympathize, they are not the programming staff who need to address issues like the game not working as intended.
  • Options
    EVileEVile Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The funny thing is even if you get the game to work it still leaves tons to be desired.

The game is full of glitches and seemingly rushed or unfinished content.

For example, The new feature of seamless travel throughout town that every one was so excited about Is pretty cool. Except when you realize that most community buildings are completely empty like a gaping black hole in the middle of town. Your character enters the building and you hear noise from outside, but when you look inside all you see is grey flooring and no sign of life.

Or what about the fact that the games selection of items, clothing, and hairstyles, could easily be scrawled on the back of a cocktail napkin. In the dark... by a monkey...

The game isn't horrible. Its fun... But nothing compared to what it should have been granted the time we waited and the fact that its the third installment.
  • Options
    UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2009
    EVile wrote:

...Your character enters the building and you hear noise from outside, but when you look inside all you see is grey flooring and no sign of life.

Really? There's a giant golden servo statue when I look inside the science community lot that my burglar Sim is itching to get his hands on! :twisted: