Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• FroggieSimFroggieSim Posts: 645 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I recently got Generations and was playing with it with a household I had created before I got generations. All the kids in the household were already teens so, I knew they woulden't recieve an imaginary friend. But when my Sims had another son he didn't get a doll, and now he's a child and still dosen't have one. (Thanks in advance :D )
  • VizarianVizarian Posts: 19 New Member
    edited September 2011
    FroggieSim wrote:
    I recently got Generations and was playing with it with a household I had created before I got generations. All the kids in the household were already teens so, I knew they woulden't recieve an imaginary friend. But when my Sims had another son he didn't get a doll, and now he's a child and still dosen't have one. (Thanks in advance :D )

The doll is a random gift - not all babies get one.
  • mibabybluezmibabybluez Posts: 28 New Member
    edited September 2011
    sashe1977 wrote:
    Has anybody else experienced this problem?
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I have had this problem since Ambitions first came out. Every time my sim sculpts something the chisel gets stuck to their hand. I can only remove it by turning on the moveobjects on cheat. Unfortunately the game won't allow me to delete the object so I end up with these chisels just laying around my sims house. I do have cc and I have Twallan's Overwatch and MasterController. My patch level is 1.24.3.
    I have the base game,Ambitions,Late Night,Generations.

I have not ever run into that problem but sometimes with my sims that cook, the plate will become stuck to their hand as well. The only thing I have been able to do was moveobjects and move it as well. I just have to move all the crap that won't delete to the far edge of my lot. But what I have noticed is that if you make a copy of you house, and household, and send them to the library, you can go into edit town, bulldoze the whole lot, then put your house back down, and move your people back in. That gets rid of the objects that won't delete for sure.
  • mibabybluezmibabybluez Posts: 28 New Member
    edited September 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    crinbug.png

- Car are still piling up in inactive cars --> Overwatch has been updated. Get new version

This is not a solution - I'm a Mac user & this mod is PC only. Its EA's game - I shouldn't have to rely on a 3rd party fix. It's been almost a year - I can't believe you had the nerve to even offer this as a solution because someone at EA is too lazy to fix it.

Wow, well I have used Overwatch, plus a few others and all I can say is that if Twallen or Crinrictt were working for Ea games, then we wouldn't have these problems in the first place. The programmers need to play a bit longer before releasing instead of being so eager to please all the people that are mad at them because something doesn't work in previous release. Maybe if didn't all put too much pressure on? Billions of people are pretty hard to please.

P.S. I am sorry that there are not more solutions and options as yet for mac. I know I can get frustrated with it all very easily, I can only imagine how it must be for you.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • tailmistertailmister Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2011
    O.K... so there's this fatal bug that I have been experiencing lately. This was first encountered when I had the latest patch (ver. 6.5 or whatever) and had up to Nightlife installed. I recently bought Ambitions and all the stuff packs, but this was encountered before that.

Today, my sim got promoted to a World Renowen Surgeon, and then after exercising and changing into my work clothes, my sim's head dissapeared, just gone. When I went to change clothes, he still was in the same outfit and with the head missing. I was thinking this would go away on its own eventually, but nope.

I then went travelling to Egypt with him and his whole body was gone. I went to a house and selected 'plan outfit' hoping the body would reappear, but it was simply gone, vanished into thin air, almost "Back to the future" style.

Earlier I played a game where I encountered the same problem with a teenage sim travelling and his whole body gone. I saved the game, loaded the game, and I simply couldn't do anything. The Control panel was gone, It automatically shifted into movie mode, but I simply couldn't control my sim at all. Its like he was "Erased from Existance." I had to delete that game, and its likely that I have no choice but to delete my current game as well.

Perhaps other simmers know of this problem better than I do and if so, can you please tell me why this is happening, how I can prevent it, or if this is some other glitch that seems to happen in the updating and expansion of the Sims 3 game that just naturally seems to happen. I do not have any custom content or mods installed or downloaded. I have Integrated FX 6100 which is just barely neccessary to run the game I think, but please help. I would like to play this game, but my sims are dissaperring and in essence, ending my games, and if this glitch continues, losing a Sims 3 customer. So to an EA Support group or whomever knows about this, please help.

Thanks,

Tailmister
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited September 2011
    MANY IMPORTANT, SUPER MAJOR VIDEO CAMERA AND HOME VIDEO BUGS!!!

•You cannot cross bridges or exit a lot's boundaries once you enter a lot once you have picked up the Video Camera. (This is a problematic bug! Bridges are objects, so that's more understandable, but it still needs to be fixed.)

•You cannot walk through doors or archways once you have picked up the Video Camera.

•You cannot use staircases or elevators once you have picked up the Video Camera.

•If you place a Disk Tower on top of a desk or table, you cannot place Video Disks inside of it. If you try and drag the disk to it, it will appear elsewhere on the ground or on the table. If you select to place all Disks in the Tower at once using the actual interaction, all of your Disks in your inventory will be deleted!

•If you have a Video Camera in your inventory when you go into Edit Town Mode, when you return to Game Mode, the Video Camera becomes unusable, and you cannot place it down unless you place a second Video Camera in your inventory.

•If you have ever taken a video with the Video Camera, you can watch it on any TV on any lot, Residential or Commercial, even if you don't have the Video Camera or the Disk in your inventory or on the lot!

•You can steal a neighbor's Disks from their lot or from their Disk Tower.

•You cannot re-place a neighbor's Disk once you have taken it.

•If you have ever visited a lot with a Disk Tower with Disks in it, you can watch the videos anywhere if you have taken the Disks from the Tower and put them back.

•If you minimize out of the game while watching a Home Video, when you return to the game, the Video will reset itself to the beginning.

•A flashing low battery picture constantly appears while the Video Camera is in use.
  • D2DiamondD2Diamond Posts: 307 Member
    edited September 2011
    I've recently discovered I have the camera bug. Which is really sad. I've tried buying a new camera (through Buydebug) and even tried having a different sim try to take pictures, but nothing seems to help. :( Is there any solution, other then moving my sims to a different lot and back again? I'd rather not have to do that.

Diamond
    TSR%20Banner.png
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited September 2011
    I know the photography skill was working fine before I installed GEN because my sim was a photographer and I was trying to complete some of the collections in his journal. But now the photography skill does not work at all.

When the player pans the surrounding area with the camera to decide what to take a picture of, there is supposed to be names of the collection on the bottom of the screen. I do not see this at all. For example when aiming the camera at my sim's child nothing is displayed.

Pic is taken, sim is stuck, sim is reset.

Some have said that opportunities have been the cause, yet I have deleted my sims' opportunities and still have the photography glitch. Nothing has changed and I also tried to copy the household to the library and the issue remained the same. As far as I know there is NO fix for me. My sims cannot use the photography skill at all.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to try?
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • fieldhckylova25fieldhckylova25 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I'm having a problem with my teen sims and was wondering if anyone knows what i can do to fix it. Basically I wanted to have two of my teen sims start to date, but the only romantic options that are available are flirt,hold hands, amorous hug.. etc. and when I queue the actions it just goes back and forth from Flirty to Ok, it never reaches Very Alluring or Extremely Irristiable no matter how many romantic actions I give them and more romantic options never appear as they usually would such as Kiss, First Kiss, Ask to go Steady... Can anyone help me?
  • pame99pame99 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited September 2011
    sashe1977 wrote:
    Has anybody else experienced this problem?
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I have had this problem since Ambitions first came out. Every time my sim sculpts something the chisel gets stuck to their hand. I can only remove it by turning on the moveobjects on cheat. Unfortunately the game won't allow me to delete the object so I end up with these chisels just laying around my sims house. I do have cc and I have Twallan's Overwatch and MasterController. My patch level is 1.24.3.
    I have the base game,Ambitions,Late Night,Generations.
    PC Specs:
    Win 7
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 975 @ 3.33GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Memory: 9216MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295
    Display Memory: 4069 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 869 MB

Yes, I have the same problem as you, I have also cc, twallan's Overwatch, master controller, also I have story progression from Twallan and other mods from him.
  • LukeysEmmyLukeysEmmy Posts: 746 Member
    edited September 2011
    Hello! My problem is that my Sims get older once every two days. For example, my Sim Roscoe aged from 6 days left (until age-up to YA) to 5 days on one particular night. The next night, his age remained at 5 days. The next night, he got older. His age went to 4 days remaining. This is the case with all my Sims. I initially talked to Twallan regarding this issue as I thought it was related to his SP mod, but he advised me it could be a Generations-specific aging problem.

1. Are you using any CC or mods?
    Yes, I use clothing and hair CC and mods. I check everything in Dashboard and it is shown as okay.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the ‘big ones’ like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    Yes, I use Twallan's SP and Overwatch. I also use Pose Player

3. If you’re not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    -skipped-

4. What EPs do you own
    Generations, Late Night

5. What patch level (game version) are you currently at. I need the version of your base game. You find it in your launcher when you hover over the basegame icon. I need the one that starts with 1.xx

6. Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, can’t read them anyways). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …)
    I'm sorry, can't provide anything but OS - I am on Windows Vista. I THINK my graphics card is an NVIDIA.

7. Did you start a new game for Generations or are you playing an existing ones
    Playing an existing game.

8. What town are you playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Sunset Valley

Important edit: This problem IS correctable. For anyone experiencing the same problem as me, or any aging problem, try the Town Reset function of Twallan's Master Controller. I did this, then saved the game, and restarted it. After this my aging problem disappeared. Hope this helps :)
  • swag6883swag6883 Posts: 377
    edited September 2011
    I don't have any mods and have all EPs except WA. Here are my issues:
    - Opportunities only pop up if the result of completing them includes an increase in celeb star level (therefore my gardening sims cannot plant egg plants, cheese plants, burger patty plants, etc.)
    - Car doesn't come to take kid to boarding school, but it says that he/she is enrolled. (only happens on occasion)

ANY HELP WOULD BE FANTASTIC!!!!
    I have the patch & all that. Tried uninstalling the EPs but not the base game. Reinstalled EPs and problems are still there. Except now I think I'm not getting any opportunities at all!!

UGH!!!!
    EDIT: going to uninstall generations and see if the problem is there with LN. I'll update when I know.
  • swag6883swag6883 Posts: 377
    edited September 2011
    Ok it's definitely Generations! ( :cry: )
  • kyledabestkyledabest Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with the aging bug. When I say aging, I mean the age bar itself is frozen. For example, one of my sims is stuck on 18 days until adult.

I did the slider trick, and thankfully it worked on the neighbourhood, elders were dying and babies were growing up, which was good.

However, my household's age bars will not move, even after the slider trick. My sim just had a newborn baby too, and the baby has a frozen age bar too.

Yes, aging is turned on. Yes, story progression is on. And no, none of them have drank the age freeze potion.

What do I do? I don't want to start over again.
  • pchyskye2000pchyskye2000 Posts: 64 Member
    edited September 2011
    -losing wishes from free vacation
    -play darts wish not being fulfilled
    -adult teaches a skill to a sim baby and the entire family has that wish fulfilled instead of that sim adult
    -sim babies get the invited to a party memory
    -sims are getting went to a hotspot memory when community lots that are not hotspots i.e nightclubs, they are standard community lots

I do not have any cc or mods installed only store contents.
    So... what is ea doing? We're going to be overflooded with more bugs once pets are released and our saved games will be pretty much crap and it's a waste of time that we spent in playing those families only to have it deleted and uninstalled/reinstalled. Better off with some other game company developing a similar game. Perhaps than ea will wakeup! I don't understand they make the games, don't they test them out and fix and find the bugs and make the patches before it's released? Ridiculous, this is why I stopped playing this game, a game full of bugs is not fun. :roll:
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited September 2011
    BUILDER'S GLITCH POST PATCH 1.24/V.9.0 (TLS)

I discovered that Hidden Springs causes some issues with the Wall Stereo that was released for the base game with the Late Night Release Patch.

If you place the Wall Stereo in a public lot, it won't turn on automatically EVEN if you turn it on via the Debug menu (Ctrl+Shift Click). This same glitch happens for pre-made lots that you place in any world from your library.

I should note that night clubs are not affected by this glitch. Just public lots that have Wall Stereos in them, like custom-made Salons or Gyms.

The only fix for this is similar to how the Gobos don't have a Debug Menu for you to set their color, patterns, and movements while in Build/Buy Mode. You have to enter the game and then immediately use your active Sims to Disable and then re-Enable the speakers for the affected lot.

Again, this glitch does not affect night clubs, as their wall stereos function properly. This glitch extends beyond Hidden Springs and actually infects all your other towns within your game. Uninstalling HS doesn't appear to fix the problem, so I would like it if someone without HS could confirm this is patch related and not some kind of virus-like glitch that came with the DLC.
  • dragonskull2523dragonskull2523 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Ok, I didn't want to go through 103 pages of posts to see if anyone had the same problems I do. Also, there are a couple of these on that beginning post but not told the same way I found them. I play Sims A LOT. There are some annoyances and some really bad problems.

Bad:
    -Whenever someone in a family gets married and there is a kid in boarding school, the kid comes home from boarding school but never goes back. They are still under boarding school mode so they can't get a job, you can't take them out of boarding school, and they can't go to regular high school. I have ended up quiting some of my games because of this.

-One time, I went traveling with one of my teens and the first time, nothing showed up, none of the game controls, none of the sims. The second time I went into it, my adult showed up but my teen didn't. Also, my adult was the one that planned the trip but it was set that my teen was the one running it so we couldn't use my vacation home while we were there.

-I took the Age Freeze potion and then aged my sim up to adult. She decided to have a midlife crisis. The days never go down. I don't know if that's because she isn't aging but I think as long as the days are going by, the days on her midlife crisis should be going down but it doesn't.

-After trying to sneak out after being grounded, teen keeps walking like he's sneaking out. I had to save my family, evict them, put them back in the home to get it to stop doing it.

Annoyances:
    -Sometimes when you Woohoo in the shower, the blur stays on one of your sims. You have to have them change their clothes for it to stop. Otherwise, they walk around naked even though they don't know they're naked.

-Once you've gone to prom a couple of times, the limo will show up every Friday night whether there is a prom or not.

-The game I'm playing now hasn't had a prom once and it's been quite awhile since my sim came home to go to regular high school. All my other games, there were several proms before they graduated.

-After going on a free vacation, or coming home from boarding school, it asks if you want to sleep in that sims bed when it's their bed to begin with. Also, married adults that come home from a free vacation act like that aren't romatically involved until you have them sleep in their bed (which asks you if you want to sleep in their own bed). All the promised wishes disappear also and when you get back there are fifty or so that pop up over and over after they get back.
  • YmirHoYmirHo Posts: 197
    edited September 2011
    All of my sims just can't throw a successful party... Things like that, everytime I threw a party, firstly, my sims would become invisible, although they would appear again after a while, no guests attended the party... What's more, they all have got the Life Time Reward, Legendary Host.
    My system is win7, and I have all the EPs&SPs installed but without and modes. So I'm not sure which one causes this issue, however it had never happened before I installed The Generations, Outdoor Living and Town Life .
  • dduran8804dduran8804 Posts: 116 Member
    edited September 2011
    I was watching my sister play my game for a while and she grabbed my attention to a certain bug she found while walking her baby in the stroller. Usually the sim is behind the stroller,pushing it of course,but no. The sim was in front of the stroller with her arms stretched out beyond length behind her, pulling the stroller.

This was another baby related bug in the game. The first baby bug was that my sim was teaching the toddler to talk and ended up sitting there talking to her forever. even when I did delete the action,she continued doing so. Next one was when she was teaching the baby to walk. With the baby walking towards her it was sort of a time delay. The baby was floating as she was far from her and the mothers hands extended beyond normal length.

These were the only three baby bugs I've seen and nothing else has happened after that.
    [img][/img]10417717_1572849319658821_4468875335572317372_n_zpsixl1jzbe.jpg
  • SoEasyBeinIzzySoEasyBeinIzzy Posts: 1,384
    edited September 2011
    I've got the 'only half the adults from free vacation come home' problem. It was their second free vacation, the first went fine (though they did loose their wishes, but oh well). But now only the dad came home and not the mom. I decided I would save and exit to see in the morning if evicting the household would help. So I come on this morning, and none of the pictures are showing. It's stuck on the dad's profile, too. I go into edit town mode and click evict etc., 5 minutes later, it's still processing it. My game is never that slow. Ever. Anyone have an ideas? It's still processing...
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited September 2011
    Patch 1.24 + Base Game Bug

The searchlights that are placed on the lots with the Stadiums and Movie Theaters are not turning on whenever there's an event at the location.

Can anyone confirm this on their end in another town? Because I'm seeing this in Hidden Springs, but not in the other towns.
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited September 2011
    Can anyone confirm this on their end in another town? Because I'm seeing this in Hidden Springs, but not in the other towns.

i noticed this at the movie theatre...i thought it might have been because
    i am using the one from Dr.Pepper....
  • LukeysEmmyLukeysEmmy Posts: 746 Member
    edited September 2011
    kyledabest wrote:
    Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with the aging bug. When I say aging, I mean the age bar itself is frozen. For example, one of my sims is stuck on 18 days until adult.

I did the slider trick, and thankfully it worked on the neighbourhood, elders were dying and babies were growing up, which was good.

However, my household's age bars will not move, even after the slider trick. My sim just had a newborn baby too, and the baby has a frozen age bar too.

Yes, aging is turned on. Yes, story progression is on. And no, none of them have drank the age freeze potion.

What do I do? I don't want to start over again.

Hello,

I too had an awful aging bug (see my post on the last page). Have you tried the advice I gave in my edit? I was kinda anti-mods before the incident but using Master Controller was my last hope, and it worked perfectly. If you really hate mods, you could install it, use the Town Reset function to see if it works, and then remove it afterwards. I apologise if you've already solved your problem.
  • GeekyAngelGirlGeekyAngelGirl Posts: 517 Member
    edited September 2011
    I have this imaginary friend glitch....with all my toddlers. They pull it out to play with it, but they keep resetting when they try to, and the imaginary friend would change position! I don't know what to do! I had one toddler who would glitch through the wall, come back around and do it over and over again, so I put it in her fathers inventory. I need help.
  • crazylilelf8106crazylilelf8106 Posts: 196 New Member
    edited October 2011
    All these issues I have noticed since installing generations, but obviously extend and involve other expansions and may have existed prior to generations, but are never getting fixed. So annoyed.
    My generations bugs that I have discovered so far include:

Teen cannot socialize with other teens except "Snub", "Stop doing that" or "Call over". Seems to be only the ones that they meet through the "Meet new Friends" selection when at high school.

Imaginary friend keeps following kids into bathroom so that they cancel showering or going to bathroom constantly.

The free vacation can completely ruin the "town/family" you are playing. Just stay away from it. Opportunities and real travel to WA towns are particularly impacted. I've had it do some very extreme things and thought the family was completely ruined, so have a backup.

Tattoo and styling station are still resetting ages. Really obnoxious. I just keep my sims away from these for now which is unfortunate.

Everybody becomes a celebrity, regardless. I don't know how to avoid becoming a celebrity. It's obnoxious. I really hate the paparazzi always hanging out outside homes or even entering if you have an arch to the outside from an indoor space.

Relationships continue to decay with even having LTR Long-distance friend and Charisma challenge achievement etc. Not sure if this has something to do with being a celebrity and possibly scandals/rumors etc. related.

WA excavations still screwed up. Sim gets the blocked/can't reach/use bubble and stomps/throws a fit. Have fixed this with a mod which I don't like doing.

Vampires are overrunning my towns. They are far too common and I feel like they should allow us to tweak this some in the options etc. It seems like at least half or more of the other sims become vampires. In Bridgeport, its even more.

Weird bugs with the photography skill, such as when taking a picture of the pyramids, my sim totally freezes and cannot cancel the interaction and the entire photography skill page/journal is completely blank. Must use resetSim to unfreeze the sim.

The entire household gets the same memory pop-up even if they didn't have any involvement. Particularly when one sim gets a party invitation, everyone gets the memory. Also when teaching to drive, walk, talk, potty train.

At Bridgeport, an apartment's elevator screwed up and locked the entire family out of access to their apartment and I have evicted them and replaced the apartment and everything and still doesn't work. In build mode with family evicted, it shows as in use by a sim, but cannot be deleted even with moveobjects_on cheat because of the rules of the apartments.

Teenagers get stuck with the "sneaking" walk after they are grounded even if they are home or ungrounded etc. Sim has to be moved to clipboard with another adult and back into the house which loses opportunities and wishes. ResetSim does not work for this. Also, grounded teenagers have to sneak away and can get in more trouble for going to school.

It'd be great if these would be added to the first post so that EA might notice. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top