Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just got the Sims 1 :D

Comments

• setter1414setter1414 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited September 2011
    where did you get it?? lol. i want to buy the games. lol.i dont know what happened to all my copies. :(

edit: snow leopard supports it?! wahooooo! thank goodness I didn't upgrade to Lion
  • Sarah3120Sarah3120 Posts: 4,318 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Oh, I miss the Sims 1!

Makin Magic was my favorite EP! Especially loved the dragons and spells. Also the tasks in the magic world and the magic battles were fun! :D
    The vacation EP was also awesome! It was cool to find things in the ground, to build snowmans or just to enjoy the scenery! :mrgreen:
  • EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited September 2011
    PinkDagger wrote:
    Sad day. I can't find my TS1 base game.

Wish and hope EA would host The Sims Complete Edition (http://thesims.ea.com/us/about/index.html) on GOG.

EA already has some classics up there - http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue#all_genres/search/electronic arts/
  • N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited September 2011
    I got it off ebay for like 60 bucks :P
    edited September 2011
    to be honest i was really shocked i found a mac version most of the ones for sale are for windows

I love going on vacations (both me and my sims lol) Betty the yeti :P lol
    edited September 2011
    Also who plays the agent family i like them alot xD

• Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    edited September 2011
    All I have is the base game :(. If I still had my expansion packs I'd probably replay it. And I am mad because I had all of them minus superstar and vacation haha....but lately I have been playing sims 2. Its nice to play the older versions too.
  • PenguinPersonPenguinPerson Posts: 1,253 Member
    edited September 2011
    I loved sims 1 you could really have fun with that game : D
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited September 2011
    *looks under the sofa storage for sims 1* found all my sims 2 ^_^...
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • PinkDaggerPinkDagger Posts: 912
    edited September 2011
    I'm tempted to reinstall TS2 too, mostly for Pets and Apartment Life. And Seasons...
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited September 2011
    PinkDagger wrote:
    I'm tempted to reinstall TS2 too, mostly for Pets and Apartment Life. And Seasons...

I use to love the Seasons clothes they were cute and loved how an old newspaper or an umbrella magically pops out of nowhere lol
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • GerbilGirl0001GerbilGirl0001 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I have such fond memories of Sims1. That was my very first Sim game and it got me hooked.

As good as Sims 3 is, the first game is more fun and challenging. Sims 3 I hardly have to work hard to get my Sims in the green - Sims 1 it was more of a genuine strategic game because their needs would plummet like mad and I learned how to balance their schedules out to fulfill all their motives. :)
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited September 2011
    Ohhh they can die. Haha starvation, electrocution, fire, you name it.

EDIT: But have fun with the game. I play it occasionally myself, along with Sims2. Actually, I'm going to play Sims2 today and do homework during loading screens like the good old days xD
    edited September 2011
    I was really thinking about getting the sims 2 just for that season and pets lol but looks like EA is going to remove the sims 2 site :(
  • StroganoffOfBeefStroganoffOfBeef Posts: 743 Member
    edited September 2011
    Babies do grow up, but only into children ... After that, you're done. I'm about to find TS1 and play again too! I miss it horribly.. Well, pets, mostly.
  • IcyKrystl91IcyKrystl91 Posts: 82 Member
    edited September 2011
    Amazon has the complete Sims 1 collection for MAC at $40 And for PC for $100 but you can probably find it cheaper.
    The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

Origin I.D. :DividedByeZero
    edited September 2011
    0_0 wow i overpaid by 20 bucks :P but it was worth it :P
  • Poodlestyle33Poodlestyle33 Posts: 726 New Member
    edited September 2011
    If someone asked me which Sims to buy I would still suggest The Sims 1. Teehee. ^_^
    It's fun to play through all 3 and see the changes.
    edited September 2011
    Things have changed a ton :P Some for good some not so good :P

Also does anyone know where i can download the mac patchs? There are a few sound bugs and im wondering if there are any patchs :P
  • KizzyLoveKizzyLove Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited September 2011
    I just installed only Sims 1 base game, and I found it extremely boring. Hello? Not being able to go out side your house? No thank you. You guys talk about how awesome TS1 is WITH the EPs. I dare you to play it just as the base game and even try to compare it to TS3.
  • ebevan91ebevan91 Posts: 81
    edited September 2011
    I only had the original game, no expansions or anything. It was fun for a while but got so boring. Then I quit playing Sims altogether until I bought the Sims 3 earlier this year.

I heard the Sims 2 was really good. Shame I missed out on it.
  • AudacioussAudaciouss Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    Wow Sims 1 lol Classic
  • AudacioussAudaciouss Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    I liked The Sims 2 was really fun. :lol:
  • Poodlestyle33Poodlestyle33 Posts: 726 New Member
    edited September 2011
    N3mb3r wrote:
    Things have changed a ton :P Some for good some not so good :P
    True. Is it just me that finds it hard to play The Sims 2 after playing 3 for awhile just because of the graphics? Me and my mom both tried to play 2 again but found it impossible. I can, however, still enjoy 1. o_O
  • PinkDaggerPinkDagger Posts: 912
    edited September 2011
    KizzyLove wrote:
    I just installed only Sims 1 base game, and I found it extremely boring. Hello? Not being able to go out side your house? No thank you. You guys talk about how awesome TS1 is WITH the EPs. I dare you to play it just as the base game and even try to compare it to TS3.
    I hardly think it's fair to compare a game made in 2000 to a game made ten years later based on that same basis in that sense. Of course an open neighbourhood and destinations are going to make the flat base game way better, but in 2000, that was still pretty fun. :P

I just spend the past 3.5 hours playing TS1 with all the expansions... forgot how hard it was! People always say new games are way easier, but you only realize how true it is when you go back to play the old games that used to be easy. TS3 = way easier to make money, keep jobs, get promoted, keep needs high, keep relationships, etc. My self-sim died a few days in after a womrat bite (but I love them so!), leaving my boyfriend-sim with 2 untrained cats, an untrained dog, a turtle, a womrat, an aviary of lovebirds died shortly after I did, a small cage of budgies got eaten by the cat soon after, and then sim-boyfriend died in a fire. Obviously I did not save, hahaha.

One thing I absolutely love about TS1 now: NO loading time, even with loading screens. It's like a flash and I'm at the destination. When I play TS2/3, I usually get up to refill my water during loading time, lag, or time when I feel I can trust free will. I got so dehydrated this afternoon from never getting the chance to get up without pausing.