Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just got the Sims 1 :D

I really like it :D
I just wish babys where able to grow up :P and sims where able to die :wink: other then that the gameplay is so much better then the sims 3

Comments

• mrsmariateeteemrsmariateetee Posts: 447 Member
    edited September 2011
    lol i haven't seen or played sims 1 in FOREVER

• PinkDaggerPinkDagger Posts: 912
    edited September 2011
    I love Sims 1, and I loved the custom content people came out with for it. Nothing against TS2 or TS3 or any CC creators for them, but something about TS1, especially for its time, made it stand out like something else. :)
  • Cheesey15Cheesey15 Posts: 307 New Member
    edited September 2011
    If I remember, you have to give the baby enough love and care and then it will grow up. But I'm not sure...
    edited September 2011
    Babies take 3 days to grow up in TS1.
  • MillondollerSimZMillondollerSimZ Posts: 615 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Sims1.... What is this, sims 1 your talking about???
    edited September 2011
    PinkDagger wrote:

As I said, I wasn't sure :lol: been ages since I played...

If I remember right, if you light the fire, lay out some cookies, put up the christmas tree, AND get all your simmies to bed ALL OF THEM at midnight SANTA COMES, but you have to do ALL of it, and it has to be all out for midnight .

I think :lol:
  • BeccaLynn94BeccaLynn94 Posts: 330 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Ah, the good ol' days. I might have to try and pop in the old disk and play for a while. I do have fond memories of the chemistry set there xD
  • N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited September 2011
    I love Betty lol i played this at my friends and loved it and just had to have it :P

Also does anyone know what the Address book is? Its A Html file that just popped up 0.0
    *runs threw maxis files*

to bad ts1 site isnt still up :P
  • simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Sims1.... What is this, sims 1 your talking about???
    Oh nothing. Cause you know, they added the 3 in Sims 3 just for show. It had no prequels and all.
    edited September 2011
    Cheesey15 wrote:
    PinkDagger wrote:

As I said, I wasn't sure :lol: been ages since I played...

If I remember right, if you light the fire, lay out some cookies, put up the christmas tree, AND get all your simmies to bed ALL OF THEM at midnight SANTA COMES, but you have to do ALL of it, and it has to be all out for midnight .

I think :lol:

lol I wish EA would just make 1 EP and bring back everything :P Im not sure how people would react but i just love all the easter eggs xD and the magic is so much fun 0.0 forget ts3 spell book lol
    edited September 2011
    Pet dragons are win. I loved having them play with my little Unleashed dogs and eat flowers. The mean ones would get angry if you ever ran out of flowerbeds and set the house on fire. I might reinstall the base game and just Unleashed and Makin' Magic to play with them, although I did love Hot Date and Vacation. Livin' Large and House Party were alright. It was cool when Drew Carey showed up.

I've been listening to the TS1 soundtrack + expansion pack songs nonstop since Friday morning.
    edited September 2011
    PinkDagger wrote:
    Pet dragons are win. I loved having them play with my little Unleashed dogs and eat flowers. The mean ones would get angry if you ever ran out of flowerbeds and set the house on fire. I might reinstall the base game and just Unleashed and Makin' Magic to play with them, although I did love Hot Date and Vacation. Livin' Large and House Party were alright. It was cool when Drew Carey showed up.

I've been listening to the TS1 soundtrack + expansion pack songs nonstop since Friday morning.

WHERE DO YOU GET A DRAGON 0.0

WHY ON EARTH DID EA NOT GIVE US DRAGONS? 0.0 FORGET UNICORNS!
    edited September 2011
    N3mb3r wrote:
    PinkDagger wrote:

WHERE DO YOU GET A DRAGON 0.0

WHY ON EARTH DID EA NOT GIVE US DRAGONS? 0.0 FORGET UNICORNS!

UNICORNS ARE AWESOME!
    edited September 2011
    They should have put dragons for the guys and unicorns for the girls :P
    edited September 2011
    Pfft, I'm a girl and I like the dragon more.

If you go down the hole in the magic world, you can buy a dragon egg! You can put headphones on it and let it listen to music, rotate it, etc. The more you interact with it in its egginess, the nicer it ends up being and the colour it is when it hatches dictates its personality. I think purple is the nicest and red is the meanest..? I don't know, it's been a long time.
    edited September 2011
    PinkDagger wrote:
    Pfft, I'm a girl and I like the dragon more.

If you go down the hole in the magic world, you can buy a dragon egg! You can put headphones on it and let it listen to music, rotate it, etc. The more you interact with it in its egginess, the nicer it ends up being and the colour it is when it hatches dictates its personality. I think purple is the nicest and red is the meanest..? I don't know, it's been a long time.

do you use magical coins or simalodians?
    edited September 2011
    Magicoins.

Sad day. I can't find my TS1 base game. I found all the expansions but Makin' Magic too. -_-
    edited September 2011
    how do you get magicoins?

:( I got the complete collection via ebay :P
  • Poodlestyle33Poodlestyle33 Posts: 726 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I reinstalled our Sims 1 game not long ago. Haven't played much yet but I completely agree that the gameplay is better. Most especially magic! :D Ahh... I miss those good ol' days. :p
    edited September 2011
    N3mb3r wrote:
    how do you get magicoins?

:( I got the complete collection via ebay :P
    You can perform on the platform!
    edited September 2011
    what if i have no magical skills :P how do i get those :p
    edited September 2011
    lmao, I don't remember. I'll let you know if I ever get a chance to play again. ;)
    edited September 2011
    haha alright :P

*off to google*
  • Eric_VEric_V Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Ahh I wish I could play Sims 1 on Mac OSX Lion!!!! They removed support for it..still considering going back to Snow Leopard just to be able to play it!
    edited September 2011
    Lion cant support it? I play on mac snow leopard :P Someone is going to have to come up with some type of mod for lion so they can play all these old games :P