Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2011
    sam123 wrote:
    Conorsim wrote:
    Thanks for clearing all this up. I really don't care about the Limited Edition, as if it is available in my area I won't be able to get it anyway, but I have a question: (a dumb question?)

Why don't you just allow the Pet Shop features in every game, and not just the Limited Edition? From what you claim, the Limited Edition will cost the same as the Standard Edition. So... you won't be getting more money if you include the Pet Shop or not, so why not enable it to everyone? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, because I sure don't understand the mechanics behind this Limited Edition.

Thanks. :) (and I hope what I said makes sense!!)

So true! Graham listen to this and answer! (If he already answered why could you post a link to which page number)

Even though this has been covered more than enough times. Yes the Limited Edition may cost the same, but it is for a limited time in EA may get get money because it is a limited item and EA may make good money on the first first rounds of sales. It may look stupid or whatever, but you have to look outside the box being after the first day of release the limited editions are no more. EA is not going to answer and if it did not by now don't expect one now.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • plavizdralplavizdral Posts: 121 Member
    edited August 2011
    cvbhn wrote:
    I heard that on limited edition you get extra breeds (I think one of them was a tiger retreiver?) but what are the breeds?

yes bat only for consols
    Panda dog Tiger dog and Skunk cat is for PSX3 and XBOX in limted verzion
    there is no thaqt breds for PC verzion of pets
  • simulatesimulate Posts: 43 New Member
    edited September 2011
    For those in the UK. I have previously bought from Play.com after the launch date, when they had L.E. pre-order rights. They sent me a L.E. version. If they still have unsold copies they will send you a L.E. version.

Also if you follow each release of an expansion pack, you will notice that the right to sell the L.E. version is alternated between the major game sellers. Sometimes, Play.com then Game etc.
  • guardiandartguardiandart Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    why not have all the extra content on ALL the limited editions? i play on a pc but i want the skunkcat and other special breeds! not just the pet store. now for other questions:
    i heard something about unicorns being in this game? is it true?
    and is there a adoption center and dog park/ cat play place/ and horse center?
    edited September 2011
    why not have all the extra content on ALL the limited editions? i play on a pc but i want the skunkcat and other special breeds! not just the pet store. now for other questions:
    i heard something about unicorns being in this game? is it true?
    and is there a adoption center and dog park/ cat play place/ and horse center?

I understand why they did it like that being consoles do not have the processing power of a PC yet. It is like a tradeoff and they had to do something for the console being not every console owner owns a PC as well.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited September 2011
    Dbl post
  • dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited September 2011
    what do pet costumes for origins look .

and will the pre-order stuff work like the sims 2 pets.
  • bluescar77bluescar77 Posts: 31 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the answers! And the Pet Shop looks great! Can't wait until October!
  • tommy6290tommy6290 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    Conorsim wrote:
    Thanks for clearing all this up. I really don't care about the Limited Edition, as if it is available in my area I won't be able to get it anyway, but I have a question: (a dumb question?)

Why don't you just allow the Pet Shop features in every game, and not just the Limited Edition? From what you claim, the Limited Edition will cost the same as the Standard Edition. So... you won't be getting more money if you include the Pet Shop or not, so why not enable it to everyone? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, because I sure don't understand the mechanics behind this Limited Edition.

Thanks. :) (and I hope what I said makes sense!!)
    The Limited Edition has more Skins for the pets i believe like the panda dog and such but yea doesn't make sense

what you said completely makes sense, but what EA is doing makes no sense what so ever!! whoever came up with this 'scheme' should be fired

Phew :XD: Seriously though... I fail to understand what they're doing behind it all. So, I believe there's a part here they're not telling us. No? I mean, c'mon. They wouldn't just give a whole new game feature pretty much for free. :lol:
  • doxunminedoxunmine Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    okay okay enough complaining about the differences between the limited and regular expansion! lets ask questions about how we can expect the gameplay to be and what we would like to see! :mrgreen:
  • ellieshoessimsellieshoessims Posts: 132
    edited September 2011
    I've preordered it for my computer, but it didnt say weather it was a limited edition, but it did with xbox and nintendo 3ds
    please tell me weather its a limited edition

~ellieshoessims
    edited September 2011
    Hey, I preordered pets on pc and it didnt say weather it was L.E or not, and there wasnt one that said that it was one, but xbox and 3ds said weather it was and wasnt.
    plz answer!!!
  • Kitten1762Kitten1762 Posts: 89
    edited September 2011
    Kitten1762 wrote:
    I have a question. Will there be werewolves???

what?! NO

Sorry...
  • Kitten1762Kitten1762 Posts: 89
    edited September 2011
    Hey, I preordered pets on pc and it didnt say weather it was L.E or not, and there wasnt one that said that it was one, but xbox and 3ds said weather it was and wasnt.
    plz answer!!!

If you ordered it from origin, ur going to get the limited edition. If you like, orded it from gamestop, I depends. If They dont have the limited edition by the time it gets shipped to you, u get the regular version. If they get it before the time they need to ship it out, all orders get changed to limited edition.

I got this off of a discusion group so im not sure if its true

I hope this helped!!!
    edited September 2011
    I've preordered it for my computer, but it didnt say weather it was a limited edition, but it did with xbox and nintendo 3ds

~ellieshoessims

Depends on the site you ordered from, some sites do list Pets a limited edition. However, try reading the summary of the game and if it mentions a special venue more than likely it is a limited edition. Also, if you live in the US/Canada all Pets pre-ordered and first day will be limited editions. :D
    edited September 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:

~ellieshoessims

Depends on the site you ordered from, some sites do list Pets a limited edition. However, try reading the summary of the game and if it mentions a special venue more than likely it is a limited edition. Also, if you live in the US/Canada all Pets pre-ordered and first day will be limited editions. :D

I preordered it from amazon, it said on the preorder sims 3 pets thing that amazon dispatched it, and it would get to mine on the 24th of october, though...
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited September 2011
    doxunmine wrote:
    okay okay enough complaining about the differences between the limited and regular expansion! lets ask questions about how we can expect the gameplay to be and what we would like to see! :mrgreen:

Not on this thread. This thread is made for players who want to know about the Limited Edition Pet Store and whether it's available in their country. You can ask questions about gameplay in other threads, though.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    edited September 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:

~ellieshoessims

I preordered it from amazon, it said on the preorder sims 3 pets thing that amazon dispatched it, and it would get to mine on the 24th of october, though...

It depends on when you ordered it, if you ordered it on oct 15 and you do not get it until the 24th it would still be a limited edition. If you ordered the day after release then you would a standard edition. The title should say Limited Edition and after the day of release it would or should not specify Limited Edition which would now mean it is a standard edition. Unlike how they did Medieval the title did not say special editon and the only way you knew you got one is by a code that was pkg'ed with the game.
    edited September 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:

~ellieshoessims

It depends on when you ordered it, if you ordered it on oct 15 and you do not get it until the 24th it would still be a limited edition. If you ordered the day after release then you would a standard edition. The title should say Limited Edition and after the day of release it would or should not specify Limited Edition which would now mean it is a standard edition. Unlike how they did Medieval the title did not say special editon and the only way you knew you got one is by a code that was pkg'ed with the game.

I preordered it on the 1st of september, i think it should come as a L.E...
  • rambleramble Posts: 70 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Will the pets' genetics work similarly to the sims' genetics? i.e. will the offspring inherit traits from their parents? Their breed, their colour? I wonder what will happen if two very different animals (different breed, colour and size) are bred together...
    edited September 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:

~ellieshoessims

I preordered it on the 1st of september, i think it should come as a L.E...

Yep. :D
  • reecehammondreecehammond Posts: 683
    edited September 2011
    well this clears things up but it has also made me ponder over the fact that 'certain' retailers will stock the limited edition ...will these retailers be in Adelaide, Australia?? :/
    all eb games stores in australia that i know of will be stocking the limited edition, i preordered mine the other day and it said on the eb games online store that it will be the limited edition they will be posting to you if you preorder & i have also heard if you go to eb games to the store on the day they will also have limited edition on shelf but only for 1 day but im not really sure if this is true :/ good luck
  • CandyliciousCandylicious Posts: 160 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Ok so lets say if i pre-order the game on September 19th will i get the limited edition?
  • plavizdralplavizdral Posts: 121 Member
    edited September 2011
    plavizdral wrote:
    plavizdral wrote:
    i have qwestion to
    are we finaly able to wash cats sims 3 pets ?

SIMGURUGRAHM
    can you plz aswer on that?

no1 answered on my qwestion :( whay? :(
  • CandyliciousCandylicious Posts: 160 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Or if i pre-ordered it October 3rd would i receive the limited edition?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top