Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LOL @ Idie Stone Mod

rofl, hi everyone

I broke down and installed the indie stone mod instead of awesome mod, and personally, I like it better, so if you were still on the fence go for ISM

Background story: this neighborhood is fresh generation 1 with premades

anyway, I got a kick out of the new population thing, My sims boss (Who was also her best friend) had a 2 bedroom 1 bath homeand i got the popup *Fatima and [Her Husband] are announcing their 2nd child!*

So I'm like cool!

So i get the popup when she delivers and I go over to her house with my sims baby, and I notice I still had the rub belly action... i just said: meh, its a glitch or something

then 2 minuets later it said *Fatima and [Again, her husband whose name escapes me] announce they are having their 3rd child*

O___o

so their house is already past full and their baby is sleeping on the floor in the living room, and they somehow, between the hospital and me not looking got pregnant again... or right after she delivered lol.

So they have that baby but my sim (Who totally got dumped by her husband, left raising a child in his 1 bedroom bachelor pad) is wicked tired and they baby keeps her up and she has to work. Tough life... poor Christy.

then a few days pass and I get the popup *Fatima and [Husband] are announcing their 4th child*

ARE THEY NUTS!?!?!?

So they have 4 children, and right after that one they both age to elder. Thank plumbbob!

~~~

just thought I'd share that because it made me ROFL in real life.

Comments

• toffeecremetoffeecreme Posts: 507 New Member
    edited July 2009
    lolz
  • millennialstar00millennialstar00 Posts: 115 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow what a busy couple...lol
  • Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited July 2009
    Baby factory!! :mrgreen:
  • 4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited July 2009

the mod is a bit odd, but stil my favourite. although it made the Alto family move into the most crappy starter home in the game, p.oop furniture and shaped like a box. wth? :P also it made lisa bunch and vj alvi get married and move out yet theyre still in high school. nevermind, least it saves me pairing sims up. :roll:
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited July 2009
    I like the awesome mod, it does what I need it to do...but its really a matter of opinion

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • KraylessaKraylessa Posts: 269 Member
    edited July 2009
    My feeling is, if you are populating the neighborhood yourself by playing a lot of different families, then awesomemod is best. If you are playing just one or two families (I'm doing the Legacy Challenge), then ISM is best because it keeps your town active instead of empty.
  • NassTNassT Posts: 435 Member
    edited July 2009
    I just started using the Indie Stone mod last night. So far so good. I haven't had any crazy things happen like you've had, and it did bring an entirely new family into the town among other pluses.
  • NassTNassT Posts: 435 Member
    edited July 2009
    Kraylessa wrote:
    My feeling is, if you are populating the neighborhood yourself by playing a lot of different families, then awesomemod is best. If you are playing just one or two families (I'm doing the Legacy Challenge), then ISM is best because it keeps your town active instead of empty.

I'm just playing one household through a number of generations, so I'm glad to know I grabbed the right mod. Thanks for clarifying this.

• Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I notice that as it tries to establish itself, the mod seems to go sex mad...

Now i've had it going for a while, I think it's happier with the population demographic and has eased off the procreation somewhat...

Still, I wouldn't play the game without it now!
  • Ronin2rxRonin2rx Posts: 682 New Member
    edited July 2009
    So wich one should i use?...indie or awesome.

I really don't want popups every 5 minutes about birth, death, marriage..whatever.
    I mainly just want to be sure that half my town is'nt going to move the moment i turn story progression on.
  • OhEmGeeYayEggsOhEmGeeYayEggs Posts: 2,322 New Member
    edited July 2009
    lol omg. >.>
  • MzThornMzThorn Posts: 383 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ronin2rx wrote:
    So wich one should i use?...indie or awesome.

I really don't want popups every 5 minutes about birth, death, marriage..whatever.
    I mainly just want to be sure that half my town is'nt going to move the moment i turn story progression on.
    You can turn the announcements off if you don't want to see them. As far as I can tell, every feature of the mod can be easily disabled if you don't like what it's doing.
  • HayluuHayluu Posts: 217 New Member
    edited July 2009
    LOL! indie mod makes some drama and funny stuff in the neighbourhood, that's why it's amazing! =D
  • tomunaamatomunaama Posts: 163 New Member
    edited July 2009
    ISM married my active teen sim to his girlfriend while he was taking a bath. :lol: I'm loving the mod though, especially after the tweaks they did for the amount of babies being born. I thought it was a little too much in the earlier version. Can't wait till it's completely finished.
  • YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited July 2009
    I tried installing ISM last night...but after 20 mins of the load screen after the opening vid when I tried to play my game...I gave up and moved the mod package folder out of the game. Is that normal or did I miss a step when I installed it? I install manually BTW. I don't want the Installer Monkey thing taking up space when I am perfectly capable of unzipping and moving files myself.
  • toffeecremetoffeecreme Posts: 507 New Member
    edited July 2009
    in my game ISM killed off Marisol :( my sims best friend and also had to elder ladies marry lol random but much fun
  • MzThornMzThorn Posts: 383 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yahtzami wrote:
    I tried installing ISM last night...but after 20 mins of the load screen after the opening vid when I tried to play my game...I gave up and moved the mod package folder out of the game. Is that normal or did I miss a step when I installed it? I install manually BTW. I don't want the Installer Monkey thing taking up space when I am perfectly capable of unzipping and moving files myself.
    Sounds like you missed the d3dx9_31.dll file that Helper Monkey installs.
    edited July 2009
    Yahtzami wrote:

Try deleting your cache files under My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. I can't remember which one it is that you're supposed to remove after installing a mod, but deleting them all wont hurt:
    CASPartCache
    compositorCache
    scriptCache
    simCompositorCache

Then open the game, let the movie run and see if it loads.
  • YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited July 2009
    This may sound like a stupid question...but will deleting my Cache Files erase my saved games??
  • StrawberrySwirlStrawberrySwirl Posts: 1,218 New Member
    edited July 2009
    4katsuki wrote:

the mod is a bit odd, but stil my favourite. although it made the Alto family move into the most crappy starter home in the game, p.oop furniture and shaped like a box. wth? :P also it made lisa bunch and vj alvi get married and move out yet theyre still in high school. nevermind, least it saves me pairing sims up. :roll:

The mod has not moved any of my families weirdly like that XD My guess is your Alto family went bankrupt!!! So they had to leave the big mansion and start new.
    That's what the game does, thought. It moves them around depending on their household money.

Anyway, yes, I love how it pairs people up and generates new families. Couldn't ask for a better mod... well, unless they come up one where Townies or Sims that we don't use start their own parties and invite you!
    edited July 2009
    Yahtzami wrote:
    This may sound like a stupid question...but will deleting my Cache Files erase my saved games??

No, it wont. :-)
  • StrawberrySwirlStrawberrySwirl Posts: 1,218 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hayluu wrote:
    LOL! indie mod makes some drama and funny stuff in the neighbourhood, that's why it's amazing! =D

Oh yes, the drama! I love it!
    For some reason, I've made 3 Riverview accounts in the game, and in the 2 of them, the Yuriy guy cheated on his wife and left her to move in with the other woman!
  • SadieFlinnSadieFlinn Posts: 648 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Where do I find this Indie Mod and all the information about it?
    edited July 2009
    SadieFlinn wrote:
    Where do I find this Indie Mod and all the information about it?

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=349344
  • SadieFlinnSadieFlinn Posts: 648 New Member
    edited July 2009
    And you still have 100% control over the active sims in your household? :3 Stupid question, but oh well.

Like, it won't marry off one of your sims randomly. Or move them out randomly, without you making it happen?