Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm deisipointed that the 6th EP is not going to be seasons

2...Next

Comments

• Bionickai001Bionickai001 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Talk about the next expansion pack traditionally goes in the latest expansion pack section of the forums. This has been so since the first expansion packs of The Sims 2.

Honestly, I wish the next expansion was seasons, too. I just hope they don't give us a $40 dollar expansion that should have been $30 like Generations. Loved it, but not as meaty as it could have been.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited August 2011
    I want seasons as well I don't see how they can not bring it back as itself, seasons is seasons, what can you do with it unless you add tornadoes, hurracines etc. I think they could just make it better then SIms 2 I liked Sims 2, but now they can make it even better. I was hoping that if they put better waves in, then maybe my SImmies might be able to swim in the ocean or lake.
  • Rebecca716Rebecca716 Posts: 38
    edited August 2011
    gabe0199 wrote:
    In the interview they said the next ep will be about life

I wonder why they would say that? I thought Generations was about life...

boohoo, you are dissapointed about something, but not many people here will care becuase THIS DOES NOT BELONG IN THE PETS FORUM!!
    i wish people would stop clogging it up with selfish stuff thats not even relevant.

A little harsh, don't you think? Calm down, it'll be ok.
  • IceBroIceBro Posts: 1,167 New Member
    edited August 2011
    boohoo, you are dissapointed about something, but not many people here will care becuase THIS DOES NOT BELONG IN THE PETS FORUM!!
    i wish people would stop clogging it up with selfish stuff thats not even relevant.

Hay girly, chill dont get your panty in a twist. I have red a lot of people asking what the next game will be, in this forum :) , and he answered them. Nobody asked you :mrgreen:

He did this for the people out there. :D
  • simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Same here, but that's no way to phrase it. :roll:
  • PixelRainbowPixelRainbow Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2011
    They were never going to make seasons after this EP anyway, as seasons and pets are the two biggest ones so they would probably spread them apart :)
  • littlelinfordlittlelinford Posts: 673 New Member
    edited August 2011
    simgreen wrote:
    Same here, but that's no way to phrase it. :roll:

i know it was harsh, but i dont care, atleast it gets noticed this way.
  • NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited August 2011
    I'll take mercy on you based on the fact that you are semi-new to the site/ forums, but <a href=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/207.page>HERE</a href> is where you should be expressing your displeasure. I, and most other simmers, come to the Pets section to discuss the newest EP, not to speculate as to what's to come/not come.

And please, for the sake of humanity, change it to "disappointed".
  • Herbgirl15Herbgirl15 Posts: 841
    edited August 2011
    Maybe the Ep is a Mystery?
  • CaseyKittyCaseyKitty Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2011
    gabe0199 wrote:
    In the interview they said the next ep will be about life

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the entire Sims series about life?
  • Simmer3DeluxeSimmer3Deluxe Posts: 1,244 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    EA never repeats remakes back-to-back. They usually come up with a new concept between remakes. And usually everyone hates it and says it's lame in the beginning, until they get more information, and then they start getting excited.

But I bet we will still have plenty of rant threads from disappointed people who want Seasons when the next EP is announed.
    This info is correct,if you take a look:
    World Adventures=Bon Voyage from the Sims 2
    Ambitions=whole different thing than Sims 2 EP's even though it is a bit similiar to FreeTime
    Late Night=Sims 2 Night Life
    Generations=whole new thing not having to do with TS2
    Pets=well,Pets
    next EP:Something completely different,it makes sense as they have been doing this the entire time,that the next one will not be Seasons,maybe it will be the 7th one.
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2011
    wzw1177 wrote:
    Zarah888 wrote:
    EmmyBird wrote:
    What's the next EP then?

The next EP hasn't been announced yet, so no one knows. The only way we know it won't be Seasons is because a Guru confirmed it on Twitter.
    I remember EA Russia said that...

I just learned of EA Russia today, and so far, from what I'm hearing, they're very lame. I've heard people confirm that there's first no Magic EP and now Seasons?!?! If this is true, what's wrong with those Russianese EA people?! Seasons has been one of the most in-demand EP since the beginning! (-throws bag of potatoes at random person on street-) That's how I feel if this is true.
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    EA never repeats remakes back-to-back. They usually come up with a new concept between remakes. And usually everyone hates it and says it's lame in the beginning, until they get more information, and then they start getting excited.

But I bet we will still have plenty of rant threads from disappointed people who want Seasons when the next EP is announed.
    This info is correct,if you take a look:
    World Adventures=Bon Voyage from the Sims 2
    Ambitions=whole different thing than Sims 2 EP's even though it is a bit similiar to FreeTime
    Late Night=Sims 2 Night Life
    Generations=whole new thing not having to do with TS2
    Pets=well,Pets
    next EP:Something completely different,it makes sense as they have been doing this the entire time,that the next one will not be Seasons,maybe it will be the 7th one.

AMBITIONS WAS A REMAKE AND BETTER-ERED VERSION OF OPEN FOR BUSINESS. (I am not yelling. I'm just frustrated that nobody realizes that, even though it is the most obvious thing on the subject.)
  • KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Wow that really IS disapointing. I'm not a Pets person, so I had no intention of buying that EP anyway. Seasons was obviously the next in demand if not more so with many people. I understand that EA wants to spread out the popular EPs and try new ideas etc...BUT I kind of feel like this is a mistake. So many people are ticked off with EA(myself included) right now anyway for all the glitches they are producing in their games, so right now giving the public something they DIDNT ask for doesnt seem very smart to me. Their sales are going down, and its not hard to see why.

On the POSITIVE side of this however, lets hope that the new EP they are creating is something out of the box and fun, and that when Seasons finally comes out, they will have spent the proper amount of time working out the glitches and we will have(for ONCE) a glitch free game. Always two sides to the story I guess...
  • HoldynSnydyrHoldynSnydyr Posts: 187
    edited August 2011
    Uhm. Firstly. I think Ambitions was NOTHING like OFB. I LOVED OFB, and Ambitions can never compare. Ambitions lets you go to your profession and participate in your sims work life. OFB let you run your own business. Two different things.
    And to the other person, you do realize that if they release Seasons it will have more glitches than you can imagine? Like more than we've ever had? So it wouldn't really be giving us what we wanted. Also, I don't think its fair to say that EVERYONE wants Seasons. I for one am so glad that seasons will not be next, because it will probably be the only expansion that i do not buy. Just because I know how much it will slow down the game, and it would bring millions of glitches.
  • Blazey26Blazey26 Posts: 72 Member
    edited August 2011
    I have a compulsion to buy all ep and sp regardless of the theme, although I really do want season and maybe a university style ep but other thats it, any new features is a good thing in my book, I'm yet to be disappointed with the ep's so far.
  • KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Uhm. Firstly. I think Ambitions was NOTHING like OFB. I LOVED OFB, and Ambitions can never compare. Ambitions lets you go to your profession and participate in your sims work life. OFB let you run your own business. Two different things.
    And to the other person, you do realize that if they release Seasons it will have more glitches than you can imagine? Like more than we've ever had? So it wouldn't really be giving us what we wanted. Also, I don't think its fair to say that EVERYONE wants Seasons. I for one am so glad that seasons will not be next, because it will probably be the only expansion that i do not buy. Just because I know how much it will slow down the game, and it would bring millions of glitches.

YOU may not want Seasons, and I'm not saying EVERYONE does, but its obviously if not THE most requested EP right now, then certianly its in the top 3. And yes, there will be glitches. Its inevitable with EA. I'm just trying to think positively.
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited September 2011

i agree with you BUT thats was EA's intentions of making remakes but having them different so you either accept it or quit buying "remakes"
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited September 2011
    this is what EA russia had to say exact quote
    the next expansion pack “would be about life, but in a another format”.

i didnt read anything on it being similar to gen though?
    but when they say that i think aliens !!

oh heres my source cause i always back up what i say
    http://simsvip.com/?p=2787