Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need experience home builder to build this

Will in real life I'm project manager for local architect firm we mainly do commercial buildings. But in my time there I only designed 2 or 3 structures. But one was a house for the boss and would like to see if some one could put up in Sims 3. You can change plans inside only to what you seem fit but be sure keep it as a 4 bedroom home since outside has to be close to plan as possible with a three car garage. Furnished if possible to what you think fits the home. Any one can use I take pride with my design I had made. This is best drawings I have since arch plans are no longer in my office since boss has it at his house.

Here is the link to where I got photos of front view, rear view, basement plans, main floor plans and second floor plans.

http://img11.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=bssecondfloor.jpg

Here is brief description of it and all so you get better picture

Grand elegance brings out the southern style of this house plan. The exterior is wrapped in a large sitting porch, accented with columns and open pediments. Inside, a high-style staircase sits in the center of the formal foyer. To either side of the entry are a library leading to the master suite, and spacious dining hall. To the rear of the layout, find the grand salon awash in natural light from the bank wall. To the right, gorgeous family spaces include the keeping room with fireplace, morning room with veranda access, and the gourmet kitchen featuring two work islands and laundry studio. A secluded, first-floor master suite is filled with amenities designed for confront. Generous sitting area with fireplace, an over sized walk in closet, coffee bar, His and hers vanities, compartmented commode,soaking tub and enclosed shower. The second floor provides for two comfortable family suites. The basement contains a spa room, boy's room second master suite, entertainment area, kitchen,wet bar and unfinished storage area.

Garage bays: 3

Square footage
1st floor:3090
2nd floor:890

1st floor ceiling:10
2nd floor ceiling:9

Comments

• Options
    DuckeheggDuckehegg Posts: 172 New Member
    edited July 2009
    You designed this house?

It's gorgeous.

It seems a bit difficult. I want to try it, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it.
  • Options
    DaeneliaDaenelia Posts: 757 Member
    edited July 2009
    Looks like a challenge :) I'll give it a try!
    Dae's Sims 4 Houses -see what I've been building.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So are you still interested in getting this request done? :)
  • Options
    wesleysnipezwesleysnipez Posts: 97 Member
    edited July 2009
    Sorry wasn't able to get to this thread earlier because I was away from my pc but sent my business email a message. Since was out town today in hotel room since had to fly to Florida because I had project to oversee in Miami for new bank being constructed. So will be there for 3 days playing sims off my personal laptop I took along to play during nights when I'm bored.

So I'm still hoping 1 of you 2 can make it or who ever else see this thread.

Yeah I did was my first house I did since my boss wanted see my talents since was fresh out college with Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Design working my way up for my Master of Architecture. Now I have Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering Technology along with my Master of Architecture. Only have 1 house and 3 commercial structures under my belt that I designed from scratch with firm I work for since I been project manager for em and love my job.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Bump for the 2 above to see if they forgot and others.
  • Options
    CareLolCareLol Posts: 61 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Dear Wesleysnipez,

I saw this thread earlier before I added you, but I couldn't answer yet due to current projects. I had to go find this thread again ^^.

If you are still needing a builder, I would love to take on this project. It might take a little while if that's okay with you. One problem that I can see is that, the current build of Sims 3 doesn't allow us to do L-shaped staircases, so I might have to innovate with the foyer.

One question is, would it be alright with you if I upload this lot to my showcase your lot thread that I'm actively apart of to get more reviews and tips from my fellow builders?

Lastly, sorry for all the questions :), but I read that you're an Architect in your post. I'm desiring to become an Architect when I complete college; I was wondering if I could ever message you about what the job is like and how to get into a good Architecture school/grad school and stuff.

Thanks!

CareLol
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    bump so you don't miss this ^^
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I just saw this message just as I speak was checking stuff off my personal laptop for a few before I head off to dinner with the president of bank since it was on him today while I was still in Miami.

Carelol go right ahead to use as your showcase but when time comes credit me for plans you used on the project. I figured the L shaped staircase in the foyer was going to be a no go as I was trying make myself before I failed on whole project.

If you got Aim,MSN or Xfire we can talk there and all. Since going add my username to my profile in a few.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dear wesleysnipez,

I'll definitely give you credit for it don't worry about that. I'm not one to steal peoples ideas and claim as mine 8).
    Yea I have aim if you want me to message you or something. I'll possibly post it up on my profile as well.

CareLol
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2009
    Hello :mrgreen:

If you don't mind, I would like to try. I've not built much with TS3 but I like a challenge now and then... Please and thank you. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Go ahead Rflong7 and I'm usually on in aim in evenings there Carelol
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I may have time to finish in this weekend, I'll do my best to anyway.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Gawd I'm just loving it right now atleast 3 different version to look at.

Still in Florida don't leave until afternoon on Saturday, Since that way on Friday evening I can hit some clubs with buddy I know in Orlando area who will be in Miami on Friday.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    This was fun. Thank you. :mrgreen:

I'm not a decorator nor have I ever been in a house so grand which makes it hard for me to picture the layout of furniture... (I had to look up keeping room :lol: )

So, since it would take me a long time to furnish, I thought I'd just put up my lame attempt.

(click on picture) :D
    HouseYellowRoof1.jpg

I couldn't do a roof over the porch :( which takes away from it. I hope it's adequate and I didn't offend.

Best Wishes :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Nice so far until I can see it in game. Well check it out later since going be out for some of the night since going out to a club in a few with contractor son who is around my age since we worked with that crew a few times and his son is the boss on the project.

So when ever you can post the link of it off exchange I be looking out for it.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ah. I see.
    I wasn't going to upload it since it's your house. I guess I have a lot of work to do.

Have fun while you're out. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dew0330dew0330 Posts: 394 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Screenshot-6.jpg

Only the front, no interior whatsoever

Sorry about the 'blueish' tone on parts of the siding, it seemed to be from all the angles of the roof it was too much, idk

Hope you like
  • Options
    Mizz_JasmineMizz_Jasmine Posts: 106 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Daenelia wrote:
    So are you still interested in getting this request done? :)

I absolutely love your siggy! :)
  • Options
    pinkwizzpinkwizz Posts: 190 Member
    edited July 2009
    Hi Guys,

Im one of a group who run a site called SimInterior Designs, we basically have our own site, where you can come to request a build or just your have your home decorated, we also have a few builders and plenty of designers there but would always love more, even if you dont partake we have a great bunch over there, come say hello.

www.siminteriordesigns.com

Steph x x
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I don't care if other people use it and all since I'm willing share with others. Was out for 4 hours then had enough fun now off to play some sims 3.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Now I can pay more attention to this thread since I just got home today. But may not tonight later since I taking the wife and kids out to local ballpark for some pioneer league baseball action that is about 3 hour drive from us. No rest for the wicked since barely got home then on road again but this time it is for family time since I been gone for 4 days in Florida because of work.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Daenelia and CareLol how is design a going and all since you haven't posted in awhile here.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I have it half done :) Had a busy weekend, but may just drop this request as I see others have done a great job already.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Naw keep on going since I haven't gotten link to other 2 yet to see it in game. Since with pictures I see so far I see some flaws but nothing I would complain about since I knew it would be tough to put in game since you are using a set plans and trying to be close to originals as possible.

Once I get those links then I be more objective in ways. Since don't see on there profile yet in the links in there Studio.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dear wesleysnipez,

I actually haven't started yet because I've been busy with this week's build n' share challenge, sorry ^^

I'll start on it soon whenever I'm free.

Sincerely,

CareLol