Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mothers Little Helper

TheZivaTheZiva Posts: 568 New Member
First, I want to say that this is an amazing game. So many little things from indian burial grounds when you move into a new house to choosing a 'nemesis' from the community.

So my first suggestion is one of two things (Either or)

The more automated approach.

A) It should be possible to designate a Sim's primary household responsibility. These are; Cooking, Cleaning, Working, Gardening

Any sim who has more than one responsibility will try to juggle them both.
Any sim who has traits that make them absent minded or such, will often ignore their responsibility.

They consider the needs of the house and act accordingly. As an example;

In the game currently, a mother of 2 will get up and get herself some food because she is hungry. She doesn't consider that she is the one responsible to feed her two children so she won't time it to get up at 6:30 am to start breakfast.

So my proposal is the person who is responsible for cooking will take the average of all the hunger need in the house, and will make food when it reaches an average lower than 40%.

If it has children on mon-fri it will wake itself up by 6:30 am to make breakfast and will make food at 6pm IF it is home in either case. It will not come home to make the food (The player would have to do this).

This logic would make parents act more like parents, instead of self-focused individuals who happen to share the house with kids.

B) Include a "Scheduler", the scheduler has M-S daily schedule on it.
The Player simply puts a time frame and an activity like "Cook" or "Clean" and the Sim will randomly pick how to accomplish those activities and will cook according to household size of who is home at that time (if no one is home, it makes itself a small meal instead).

Either of these options would make the game less tedious and more fun (to me) when playing larger households.

Comments

• SammehDxSammehDx Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah... it makes sense. Nice idea. :)
  • TheZivaTheZiva Posts: 568 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you!

I just need the virtual parents to be more parent, than virtual. ;)

Its fine that they have to be TOLD to talk to their kids and ask them about their day through clicking, but if they went to bed knowing it was a school night, they should also know who is going to make breakfast in the morning. its far more economical in a large family than each making their own.

• PinkMeyer015PinkMeyer015 Posts: 223 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Another Great Idea..... You Know What Sucks... You Can't Hire A Nanny or Babysitter.. For Your Work Schedule... You Have To Call Everytime... I Hope They Change That Too.