Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PEPS has officially begun :(

Comments

• Options
    AdiCohenAdiCohen Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited August 2011
    Actually it's kinda funny, at first I wanted to buy Generations when I'm buying Pets because I wanted to play my Generations family in Appaloosa Plains, but I gave up and bought it about a month ago, and I don't play it because I want to wait for the new town, so yeah, I'm stuck now until the release of Pets in my country...:lol:
  • Options
    BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited August 2011
    I've felt this way since before gens XD i played a bit when I got gens, but... not even nearly enough! :lol:
    I'm building a world while waiting. I just decided to redo all terrain paint, so I'm gonna be keeped busy for a while. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 1,167 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I know exactly how you feel. Every time a new EP will be released i am so totally bored of the game and i sit around and read the forums all day. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY. 8) or was i all ready? HAHA :lol: ah the voices are talking to me again.! :mrgreen:

Cant wait for release, at least we getting Hidden Springs in two days.! :lol:
  • Options
    jrock727jrock727 Posts: 48 Member
    edited August 2011
    I do this exact same thing. For some reason every time I get a new EP I start with a completely new family. So I've already made my female Sim that I'll be playing with this new EP. I'll have to change her traits though because I wanted her to have some of the new traits. I still need to make her husband but after that I don't know what to do. I wanted to make the Sims because I spend a lot of time making them and when I get the Pets EP I can go ahead and jump into creating pets. Which looking at the new CAP, I'll be in there for HOURS creating the pets. HOURS I tell you. So I'm just like, now what?
  • Options
    RachelPlumbobRachelPlumbob Posts: 117 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I haven't played for a while. I just recently got into playing again. I made a new family, however i'm waiting for pets to really continue them. So I'll probably end up making another family, or play a pre-existing one. :)
  • Options
    esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited August 2011
    betty_me13 wrote:
    Welp, I can no longer play my game due to PEPS (pre-expansion pack syndrome)! My game is just too boring right now! I keep thinking, "This family would love to have a dog" or "this loner would love to have some birds".....etc.. How do you guys cope? I tried doing things in my game that I haven't before, but it's not working that well :(

Is anybody else experiencing this? How do you cope? I might just take a little break from the sims :(

OMG! :shock: I was JUST telling my friend about this last night. I have the SAME thing going on! I don't cope well actually....:lol:
  • Options
    GeorgeProtoGeorgeProto Posts: 38
    edited August 2011
    Ahh I know the feeling and know it well, I've had to stop playing, until of course I get Pets, because back in TS2 days, when I knew about pets, it seemed too empty without them, but TS3? Open neighbourhood? Dear god, it honestly feels barren to say the least!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    No kidding. My sims just had a toddler last night (female has black hair, male has purple hair, and their kid came out with blond hair and green eyes :shock: ) and all I can think about is wishing he had a kitten to play with or puppy. :(
  • Options
    laurenxxosimlaurenxxosim Posts: 453
    edited August 2011
    I cope by redoing my towns.
    I usually get sick of the towns that come with the ep so I redo others so there ready to play with.
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    chris1858chris1858 Posts: 531
    edited August 2011
    LOL same here! I think I'm going to remodel Sunset Valley before pets. I hope that it will have the wildlife in it though.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    There is random wildlife. Like dear and raccoons and such. Omg the wait is killing me. I've NEVER been so excited for an expansion in my life! :shock:
  • Options
    x0holly0xx0holly0x Posts: 412 New Member
    edited August 2011
    There is random wildlife. Like dear and raccoons and such. Omg the wait is killing me. I've NEVER been so excited for an expansion in my life! :shock:

^^^This.
    This is the most excited for an expansion pack i've ever been for any expansion pack EVERRRRR
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    It's driving me up the wall! Lol I even made a twitter account JUST so I could follow the gurus about this game! :shock:
  • Options
    PixelRainbowPixelRainbow Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2011
    It's driving me up the wall! Lol I even made a twitter account JUST so I could follow the gurus about this game! :shock:

Haha me too!
    I can't wait for this EP :D
  • Options
    Angelface52Angelface52 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I started playing a different way to mix up my game. I got a fresh file and turned off story progression and aging. I'm going through each townie family, making them over and playing out their stories as I like. It's actually a lot of fun. Right now I'm playing the Wolff's and they just had a baby boy, much to Thorton's dislike! :D

I plan to keep doing this until Pets rolls around. I've also been trying my hand at building (my creations are a bit...pathetic :oops: ) Also, I'm getting a real life puppy right before the release, so I'm preparing for that. Hope you keep occupied!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I am thinking about taking out my mods and such to clear my game for when pets is here. It's taking forever to load as it is......and lags SO bad now. :roll:
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited August 2011
    Me and my sims got PEPS!

avi.jpg
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    bps3bps3 Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited August 2011
    i have never been so excited about an EP before and this one is driving me crazy.Im like,this kid would love a kitten,or this toddler would love a puppy!I play COD.Its not the same :/ x
  • Options
    mustang0111mustang0111 Posts: 52
    edited August 2011
    i have PEPS every time there is a new EP announcement!

i tend to copy the world i am currently playing with so i can play the 2nd copy of my town while i wait for the EP then when i have the new game i go back to the original which has my story right were i want it to be.
    (although i admit sometimes that trick fails and i have to occupy my time playing games on my xbox or just do other stuff)
  • Options
    Lilpunkgirl0Lilpunkgirl0 Posts: 133 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Exactly how I feel, every time my sim has a baby, I want to get them a puppy to grow up with, but noope...not October yet. I think how much better everything would be with Pets :P
  • Options
    RoamieRoamie Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2011
    PEPS is starting to set in for me, but I can still play Sims. But I think in a month or so, I won't be able to play, I'll just want Pets too much. I'm looking very much forward to it and seeing all the new pictures and reading the new stuff about it is not making it any easier xD but it's also very exciting. I decided today that I wanted a new computer before Pets comes out, so I'll be certain I'll be able to run it with good graphics. So I'll spend some time figuring out what to get for a computer hehe and if I can afford it xD might have to buy one piece at a time.
  • Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Same thing is going on with me. I'm trying to follow through with a legacy, but its not going so great. I just get bored so quickly. D:
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited August 2011
    The Pets expansions for the Sims games are the only ones that ever give me PEPS. Even with Late Night, which I realllly looked forward to, didn't make me feel like not playing my game while waiting. I can't stand the lack of pets!
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited August 2011
    bps3 wrote:
    i have never been so excited about an EP before and this one is driving me crazy.Im like,this kid would love a kitten,or this toddler would love a puppy!I play COD.Its not the same :/ x

I also play COD! Which one or ones do you play? That's what I have been doing as well..well in my free time anyways! Now I have gobs of homework to do, so it'll keep me busy!

On another note..wow! I didn't think this thread would reach 4 pages!
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited August 2011
    Watch DVD's
    Read a book
    Play online games like WoW I never play it I play Aion
    Go outside and enjoy the hot weather (It too hot ware I live right now)
    Or go on Facebook and play the online games there

So people must really want Pet's I do want it but not that quickly just in case of Bug Issues (Sorry since LN I'm kind of aware of them)