Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error Code 12-Still

I've continually had "error code 12" issues with my Sunset Valley and for the last 2 weeks or so I abandonned the neighbourhood and played a new one, as there seemed to be no solutions for this issue. I moved a few of my solitary families over to my new neighbourhood(by saving to the library), but I didn't want to do that with my first main family the Meznicks, as they would loose all there relationships with each other and I was on the 3rd generation with them, having spend a lot of time with them. If I move them, they won't know their family and they could end up dating their cousins and such, which is very creepy and this just isn't want to wanted for them. Basically, EA has told people with this issue do delete their games and start over. But I'm not entirely ready to give up on them-there has to be a way!

I keep checking on different solutions people come up with, and so far no luck. I have tried:

-saving in edit town mode
-"save as" a different name
-switching families to one with less "difficulty" to save
-deleting the "bad file" while sims in minimizing and then trying to save. This worked once and excited me....but then not the next time. I thought, even if I had to do this each time before I saved, I could handle it if it worked again...but it didn't work again.
-ummm...what else? Pretty much tried every different way I could think of.
-Someone suggested scan-disc and defrad...those didn't work either.
-delete some "processes" in task manager to reduce CPU usage...just in case that would help.

Any ideas? I do have an old saved version, but it was quite some time ago unfortunately, in sim time anyway. The whole 3rd generation is probably not there yet. I've learned my lesson on backing up more frequently, but unfortunately too late for this town.

Now, I noticed my sunset valley is 98000KB and my riverview is only 38000KB so far. I'm worried that this might happen to me again when this neighbourhood gets as big(computer issues maybe?), and that would be horrible!!!

Has anyone had any other solutions work?? I'd REALLY appreciate the help!!

Comments

• Options
    freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited July 2009
    This isn't giving me much hope. Anyone??
  • Options
    rustedhalo568rustedhalo568 Posts: 40 Member
    edited July 2009
    I've had 12 & 13 errors also. I tried everything you did, and nothing worked for me, ever. Very frustrating. Then of course the only answers I received here were that my computer and/or graphics card were crap and couldn't run the game, which seems to be the stock answer for everything around here. However, that wasn't the case, my computer & video card far SURPASS the minimum requirements AND all my driver are updated.

I did read somewhere on here that someone thought perhaps there was a "bleed" of info between TS2 and TS3 when saving, so I bit the bullet and uninstalled TS2. I was very disappointed when that didn't work, either. However, a few days later I was poking around doing a search for something, and low and behold, there was a single TS2 folder and failed to delete when I uninstalled it. I deleted that folder and haven't had any problems since <crossing fingers>.

I'm hoping that solved the problem, but I wouldn't be surprised if it starts up again. I hope you find something that works for you :D
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hmmm...I guess I could try getting rid of the Sims 2...that was a step I wasn't quite ready to take yet, but if this might help....ahhh....scary...but if it will work.

How long has it been working for?? This might help me decision.

Has this worked for anyone else?
  • Options
    bzrburns2bzrburns2 Posts: 56 Member
    edited July 2009
    I am having the same experience with Error codes 12 and 13 and odd crashes to the desktop. I have a family with 9 kids and a mom who wants 10 grandchildren. I have had to move the dad out several time to let the YA sibs and spouses move back in long enough to woo hoo try for baby. I gave up on trying to play the Sibs cause everytime I tried the game crashed and I would lose a couple days of RL play time not to mention weeks of Sim time. I've tried everything including deleting the various caches I'm will to try deinstalling Sims2 to see if it will work. This game is just too frustrating....
  • Options
    SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited July 2009
    It's possible that you have a corrupted save game. Do you have The Sims 2 installed? If so, try removing or moving the Electronic Arts folder from My Documents/Documents, as some users have reported errors related to it being present on the system.

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    rustedhalo568rustedhalo568 Posts: 40 Member
    edited July 2009
    Hmmm...I guess I could try getting rid of the Sims 2...that was a step I wasn't quite ready to take yet, but if this might help....ahhh....scary...but if it will work.

How long has it been working for?? This might help me decision.

Has this worked for anyone else?

I uninstalled everything about 2 weeks ago, and it's gone from happening almost EVERY time I tried to save to not happening at all! I can't promise it'll work for you, but it sure did for me.
  • Options
    ahjahbeanahjahbean Posts: 208 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I started getting error code 13 after the patch was installed. I could not even play Riverview at all, it was so frustrating! So I uninstalled, reinstalled and did not reinstall the patch. I've only gotten that one time since and it was after playing for several hours. I saved my games added them back in and no more error code 13. Of course my game still crashes to the desktop if I go into town to play guitar for tips or if I leave the game on for too long. So I save often and close and restart often and I can play ok.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for the suggestions! As it seems to be working for people, I will get rid of my sims 2 and hopefully this helps! I will report back to let others know if it worked-as I know I always want to hear if these solutions worked!! Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top